[APP][1.6+] Wifi Timer - A scheduler for Wifi on your android

Search This thread

zeigerapps

Mar 8, 2012
Bonn
zeigerapps.blogspot.com
Hello android fans,
I have just released the "Wifi Timer" app which I personally developed.

Wifi Timer is a free to use android application to ensure that the Wifi on your device starts and stops automatically, whenever you want it to

If you're not using a Wifi connection all day, why keep it active and searching for a network all day?

Use this app to specify when you want your Wifi connection to start and stop, saving you some battery life and saving you from using your mobile data plan when you could use a Wifi connection instead

Try it out. It is simple, ad free and free to use.

Some snapshots:
1.png

2.png

7.png

8.png

Here is the download link (on Google Play/Android Market):
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.zeiger.android.wifitimer

Do feel free to ask me about any issues, questions or feature requests. I hope you really like the app.

Have fun!
Zeiger Apps

Last edited:

Aganar

Jan 7, 2012
Washington, D.C.
Gave it a try. Seems to work alright. Handy for someone with predictable a 9-5 job and no wifi at work.

But I can do the same thing with AutomateIt, which I already paid for, so I'll probably continue to use that (no offense). But for someone who doesn't feel like setting that up manually I imagine this would work pretty well.

zeigerapps

Mar 8, 2012
Bonn
zeigerapps.blogspot.com
Thanks for trying it out Aganar.

I have also been a user of AutomateIt, but it was just too confusing for me, so I stopped using it (that is just my view, others may like it!).

I was looking for a simple wifi only app (no APN etc.) where I could select days and set multiple schedules for different days, times. I did find a few other apps (many even with the same name, Wifi Timer!) but none had the functionality that I was looking for, or they did but I didn't like the UI. So I decided to go ahead and make it myself :)

Thanks for your input. If you decide to use it and want any more features, just let me know!

Aganar

Jan 7, 2012
Washington, D.C.
I'm 100% behind the DIY mentality (I have at least three program ideas in my head I'm going to write one of these days when I get off my ass and learn Java), and I wish you the best of luck. I just don't like a million programs running on my phone with cross purposes, and if I've got one already running that can do what I want (particularly one I paid for the Pro version of), it seems prudent to continue using that one.

sipjca

Oct 27, 2010
market.android.com
Bah, was going to make the same app with the same name. Already had the project started, just no time to finish :p

I will give yours a try though, hopefully will help my battery even more.

By the way, if you make this a bit more advanced, you will definitely be able to make money off it, especially if you market it as a battery saver

Last edited:
Reactions: zeigerapps

blorro

Oct 21, 2008
Gävle
Hello android fans,

Wifi Timer is a free to use android application to ensure that the Wifi on your device starts and stops automatically, whenever you want it to

If you're not using a Wifi connection all day, why keep it active and searching for a network all day?

Use this app to specify when you want your Wifi connection to start and stop, saving you some battery life and saving you from using your mobile data plan when you could use a Wifi connection instead

Here are some snapshots and the download link (on Google Play/Android Market):

Do feel free to ask me about any issues, questions or feature requests. I hope you really like the app.

PS: I am new to the xda-developers community (just created an account). I do plan to be a very active member. This is my first post, so kindly excuse the fact that I put my apps download link inside the "QUOTE" tag. As soon as I have some reputation, I will change it to the "URL" tag and insert some snapshots of the app right here.

Have fun!
Zeiger Apps

Nice keeping it Ad-free !
Posted on my blog.

Cheers !

auiotour

Jul 4, 2010
Seattle
OnePlus 3T
OnePlus 6T
I love it, works great, my work is super strict with using your phone. However I would love to see additional features like turn on GPS, Bluetooth, and data based on timers.

For example, since i can't get away with using my phone, i really dont need anything besides edge at work. But going to work and home, I would love to have Bluetooth on so it connects with my car. And when I am at home, I just need wifi.

I almost thought about dimming the display also for night time, in my house i dont need the screen super bright as i dont usually have may lights on, and allowing me to dim it based on time would be fantastic. And just to make it more in line with others, ability to mute, and turn volume up or down would be good.

Great work, i love it, very clean ui. Love to see more.

ZeroManArmy

Nov 23, 2011
Colorado
This app is incompatible with your Sprint MB855.

---------- Post added at 12:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 AM ----------

I love it, works great, my work is super strict with using your phone. However I would love to see additional features like turn on GPS, Bluetooth, and data based on timers.

For example, since i can't get away with using my phone, i really dont need anything besides edge at work. But going to work and home, I would love to have Bluetooth on so it connects with my car. And when I am at home, I just need wifi.

I almost thought about dimming the display also for night time, in my house i dont need the screen super bright as i dont usually have may lights on, and allowing me to dim it based on time would be fantastic. And just to make it more in line with others, ability to mute, and turn volume up or down would be good.

Great work, i love it, very clean ui. Love to see more.

I see sever great suggestions! some requiring root but amazing non the less! Here is small suggestion list from the above post...
  • Turn GPS On/Off
  • Turn Bluetooth On/Off
  • Turn Data On/Off
  • Change the Display
  • Change Volume

Dick Gordon

Oct 1, 2010
Hi

Please, give a link here. I use ICS on Samsung Galaxy S - Google Play can not install app on my device.

Regards

ChrisBurr

Jun 17, 2010
Looks great, I can't install it on my Galaxy S2 though, I presume this is because I'm running ICS. Is there any reason for the app not being supported or is it just misconfigured on the market?

zeigerapps

Mar 8, 2012
Bonn
zeigerapps.blogspot.com
Thank you all for the wonderful replies!
I will definitely consider and try to incorporate all your feature requests. I am new to android development so it might take some time, but I will surely move ahead in that direction.

Your posts are very encouraging!

I am not sure why some of you are not able to install the app from Google Play on your Galaxy S2 or on ICS. The app should work on both (although I had not tested it fully on ICS).

I have attached the screenshots showing that many people with Android 4.0+ and Samsung Galaxy S2 have indeed installed the app.
In case you need the apk itself to try it out directly without using Google Play, just send me an e-mail.

Regards,
Zeiger Apps

Attachments

• devices.png
    devices.png
    10.2 KB · Views: 115
  • android_version.png
    android_version.png
    17.3 KB · Views: 117

JensF77

Dec 30, 2010
Braunschweig
Hello,

i have a problem with this App...when i will install it my Desire starts new....

Da ich gesehen habe das der Entwickler aus Deutschland kommt schreibe ich mein Problem nochmal in deutsch.

Wenn ich die App auf meinem desire installieren will (Root, MildWild ROM, S-Off) dann startet das Handy plötzlich neu. Hatte ich bisher bei noch keiner App....

Last edited:

Esquilax

Aug 9, 2008
Augsburg
Hi

I also have the problem with ICS. It doesn't appear in the market.
I have a HTC Sensation with InsertCoin 4.5.4 (not sure).
On my China tablet U9GT2 with modded ICS-Firmware it also doesn't appear, but on the tablet many apps don't show.

Thanks for the app. Sure you'll find a solution to get it work on "all" ICS-Devices :)

Bye,
Alex

Nagelzz

Jul 17, 2011
Hi man.
Very clean UI! I'm gonna give this a try and see how effective it is.

as some others suggested, some more advanced features could be cool. Though imo, you should make that as a seperate app. I think that your UI and the easy navigation could compete with automateit or tasker etc. :D

im gonna sub this to see what happens next :p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello android fans,

Some snapshots:
    1.png

2.png

7.png

8.png

Here is the download link (on Google Play/Android Market):
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.zeiger.android.wifitimer

Have fun!
    Zeiger Apps
    Gave it a try. Seems to work alright. Handy for someone with predictable a 9-5 job and no wifi at work.

But I can do the same thing with AutomateIt, which I already paid for, so I'll probably continue to use that (no offense). But for someone who doesn't feel like setting that up manually I imagine this would work pretty well.
    Hello people,
    I just released version 2.0 of the Wifi Timer app.
    It is now compatible with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean! It also includes a beautiful Wifi widget. Try it out: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.zeiger.android.wifitimer

Here's how the new Wifi Timer widget looks in its 3 different states: http://i.imgur.com/VHM6s.png

For more information about this release, please see the official blog post here: http://zeigerapps.blogspot.de/2012/07/wifi-timer-version-20.html

I hope you all like the app!

I am attaching the apk file for the latest version along with this post as well, so you can still use it even if you cannot download it from Google Play (for whatever reason).

Kindly let me know what you think!

Regards,
    Zeiger Apps
    Bah, was going to make the same app with the same name. Already had the project started, just no time to finish :p

I will give yours a try though, hopefully will help my battery even more.

By the way, if you make this a bit more advanced, you will definitely be able to make money off it, especially if you market it as a battery saver
    Hello android fans,

Here are some snapshots and the download link (on Google Play/Android Market):

PS: I am new to the xda-developers community (just created an account). I do plan to be a very active member. This is my first post, so kindly excuse the fact that I put my apps download link inside the "QUOTE" tag. As soon as I have some reputation, I will change it to the "URL" tag and insert some snapshots of the app right here.

Have fun!
    Zeiger Apps

Nice keeping it Ad-free !
    Posted on my blog.

Cheers !