[APP][v0.40][Jan-18] StweaksProfiles - Backup/restore your stweaks settings

Search This thread
That sounds interesting. I don't think siyah has that feature. Problem is that this app should support all the kernels implementing uci.sh in similar fashion. If I am to add merge feature, either it should be active only for Perseus or Siyah should also incorporate the feature. Let me talk to Andrei to get the details.

Thank you...that would be great...the sync tap is only for Siyah....why not a merge tab for Perseus ;) :)

coolhof

Sync is intended to work only on 4.1 roms for now. Can someone running dual boot without CM10.1 confirm if sync works?

Fixed tab selection lag in v0.36.

I use 2 Sammy 4.1.2 roms and sync don't work.
I am now at work when I come home this evening I can provide you more info if you won't.
uploadfromtaptalk1362310380571.jpg

Verzonden door mijn GT-I9300 met xda premium

Reactions: DrBios

droidphile

Jul 19, 2011
Bangalore
Samsung Galaxy S20
How I uninstall that?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
Using a terminal, delete superuser.apk from /system/app and the file "su" from /system/xbin. Also search for other occurrences of "superuser" and delete if found. Now you're unrooted. Reboot the device. If your kernel features auto-root (like Siyah for ex), you will be rooted when device boots. Else, download and flash superuser zip from here.
I use 2 Sammy 4.1.2 roms and sync don't work.
I am now at work when I come home this evening I can provide you more info if you won't.

Verzonden door mijn GT-I9300 met xda premium
Hmm, sync was not tested on 4.1.2 roms. It needs more work. Will be working on it sooner.
Its OK to use on latest Perseus?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium
Yes.

Reactions: coolhof

Timewarp

Dec 11, 2005
Thanks for the app, but the profiles don't reliably apply for me (when checking in STweaks). This is an S3 with Siyah v1.8.9.

Even if I quit STweaks and reload it the selected profile hasn't been applied but it is highlighted in StweaksProfiles (even after refresh). I've tried with both v0.36 and v0.40.

It does work sometimes for some options (e.g. I notice it has changed to dual core, but checking one of the setting that should have been applied, e.g. GPUFREQ1 I see it still has the previous setting).

droidphile

Jul 19, 2011
Bangalore
Samsung Galaxy S20
Thanks for the app, but the profiles don't reliably apply for me (when checking in STweaks). This is an S3 with Siyah v1.8.9.

Even if I quit STweaks and reload it the selected profile hasn't been applied but it is highlighted in StweaksProfiles (even after refresh). I've tried with both v0.36 and v0.40.

It does work sometimes for some options (e.g. I notice it has changed to dual core, but checking one of the setting that should have been applied, e.g. GPUFREQ1 I see it still has the previous setting).
First time I'm hearing this. Are you sure the profile you're trying to apply from app was created while you were on Siyah 1.8.9 (and not on a previous Siyah). This app only uses kernel supported command to restore a profile (not direct file operations) so there shouldn't be any issues. I will; check anyway.

Alphadan

Sep 15, 2012
Madrid
Hey guys...

I am using Perseus kernel and I can't seem to be able to find the /.data/perseus folder... Some instructions on how to use this app would be great.

Cheers.

Kemby13

Apr 9, 2011
Zadar
That folder doesn't seem to exist in my case, i enabled "show hidden files" ofcourse... I can't see the saved profiles..
I'm on latest Perseus kernel and v0.40.

ahac85

Aug 7, 2010
Hi is it normal for phone to automatically reboot when applying a new profile?

Sent from my GT-I9300

spankymo

Mar 13, 2012
does this officially support 4.2.2 devices? im using i9100 w/ dorimanx kernel 9.14

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

That sounds interesting. I don't think siyah has that feature. Problem is that this app should support all the kernels implementing uci.sh in similar fashion. If I am to add merge feature, either it should be active only for Perseus or Siyah should also incorporate the feature. Let me talk to Andrei to get the details.

Do you have any new info about that? Thanks! :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What:-
    Simple standalone app to backup and restore your custom Stweaks settings as profiles - as many as you want.

2yzjzuh.png
    a9o6r4.png

Supported Devices/Kernels:-
    - International Galaxy S3 - Running Siyah/Perseus/any kernel that implements /res/uci.sh interface
    - International Galaxy S2 - Running Siyah/Dorimanx/any kernel that implements /res/uci.sh interface
    - International Galaxy Note 2 - Running Perseus/any kernel that implements /res/uci.sh interface
    - Sony Xperia T - Running Siyah/any kernel that implements /res/uci.sh interface

Known Bugs:-
    - Some delay here and there

Credits:-
    - Gokhanmoral
    - 89Luca89

Changes:-
    v0.20
    - Ditch tasker, move to traditional java
    v0.25
    - Smoother restoring, smoother refreshing list of profiles, auto update profile list after deleting a profile
    - Confirmation on over writing a backup with same name,
    - Long press to delete a profile now works as intended
    v0.30
    - Highlight current profile in green. If you have multiple profiles which are same as current profile, all of them will be highlighted in green to help remove duplicates.
    v0.35
    - Alternate method to highlight current profile(s)
    - Rename saved profiles
    - Sync (3rd tab). Feature aims to sync Stweaks settings on current rom to other rom when you're dual booting on Siyah kernel.

v0.36
    - Fixed lag while selecting a tab (press or swipe)
    - another attempt to Sync feature. Works only on 4.1 roms (Cm10.1 won't work for now)
    v0.40
    - Tightly coupled with uci.sh
    - Active profile highlighting should work normal. Only the actual current profile will be highlighted.
    - Misc bug fixes and improve overall smoothness

To-Do:-
    - Rename profiles - DONE
    - Group saved profiles by Kernel Version, so that you can delete profiles from an older kernel version in case it would cause conflicts with current kernel build if restored.
    - Option to sort saved profiles by name, age, etc.
    - Widget support
    - One click sync button to sync Stweaks settings in one rom to the other when you're in dual boot setup. ie, one click button to apply Stweak settings in your current rom to other without having to save here/restore there process. - Done on a test basis

Sample Profiles:-
    - Profile Zip is meant only for Siyah kernel 1.8.6 and later running on Galaxy S3 i9300
    - The attached zip includes 4 sample profiles - 2 for battery, 2 for performance. As I always say, these are for people who doesn't know/doesn't wanna know about tweaking settings in Stweaks but just want to use any ready-made profile.
    - Flash in recovery. You can either first install apk then flash the zip, or the other way around - it doesn't matter.
    - After flashing zip look under "RESTORE" tab in the app for the profiles which you can now restore and switch between in a couple of seconds.

NOTE: To install v0.40 and above if you're running Siyah kernel on your Galaxy S3, make sure to run Siyah 1.8.9 or above. Lower versions of Siyah won't work. For other devices/kernels, there shouldn't be any issues.
    App v0.2

Yeah new version out. This time in java and holo theme :) Sorry for the late release. Been super busy for the last couple of months.

Please note the following
    - I did not post sample profiles yet since changing GPU voltages in Stweaks seem to cause freeze/reboot on CM10.1
    - If long press do not work at first, single click on a profile - cancel the confirmation and try long press
    - While restoring, the alert dialog might look like it's stuck. It's not. In the next version, i will implement restoring as an asynchronous process.

EDIT: long press bug and "stuck on restore" bug fixed in v0.25
    That right. I am using Perseus kernel and created the backup running this kernel. Before the list was empty and after I have deleted that folder my backup - created in the perseus folder - was showen.
    That's strange, because I refer to customconfig-helper global variable PROFILE_PATH which holds path to Stweaks directory of current kernel - data/xyz. Presence of stweaks doir from another kernel shouldn't be a problem.

@All

In the next release, app will be written in Java - the conventional style. Tasker generates heavy apps size wise, app loading is a little slow and debugging problems in tasker is a pain in the ass.
    We will have tabs for backup/restore/sync. (Sync is to sync stweaks settings from current rom to other rom in one-click if you're dual booting). Will also post 4 sample profiles which can be availed in the app as ready-made profiles.

Those interested can keep a watch on this thread, expect the next release any day.
    v0.40 released.

- Tightly coupled with uci.sh for more generic-ness and smoother operations.
    - Highlighting should work perfect.
    - Overall smoothness improved
    - If on Siyah kernel for GS3, make sure to run 1.8.9 or above. Lower versions not supported from v0.40
    That's just what i'm looking for, finally we can bu/restore our settings. Thanks x1000!