DNA headphone jack issue

Search This thread

Ndaoud360

Oct 19, 2009
My headphones most times won't connect with the phone. I have to pull it in and out few times to get the phone to recognize that the headphones are in. I know its not the headphones or the Rom. What could be causing this and would there be a way to fix this?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

whskytango

Feb 24, 2014
Bay City
Do u have a case on the phone, my case I have I have to make sure the jack pushes in all they way or it won't connect or could be that the jack on the phone is getting loose or wore out if you use headphones alot.

Sent From My HTC DNA - tapatalk

Ndaoud360

Oct 19, 2009
Do u have a case on the phone, my case I have I have to make sure the jack pushes in all they way or it won't connect or could be that the jack on the phone is getting loose or wore out if you use headphones alot.

Sent From My HTC DNA - tapatalk

No case on it. I plug it in all the way and it sometimes won't work.

xXminiWHOOPERxX

Feb 17, 2014
Broadalbin
My headphones most times won't connect with the phone. I have to pull it in and out few times to get the phone to recognize that the headphones are in. I know its not the headphones or the Rom. What could be causing this and would there be a way to fix this?

Honestly it sounds like a dirty head phone jack. And in your case I would use something a little moist, not really wet at all and clean it out.

Yes I'm a girl.!!! But I'm an android nerd :)

claydoh

Oct 10, 2011
Verizon LG G4
LG V30
Honestly it sounds like a dirty head phone jack. And in your case I would use something a little moist, not really wet at all and clean it out.

Yes I'm a girl.!!! But I'm an android nerd :)

What would be a safe thing to use for that?

I have the same issue, but used that as an excuse to get bluetooth earphones :)

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

supertoast92

Jan 8, 2013
I just had this issue when I (half-brained) decided to clean the ports out on my DNA with a soft-bristle toothbrush, since my font LED was extremely dim. After cleaning some lint out of the jack, I must've left some in, as it took some cycles of plugging in and unplugging earphones to get it working again. Haven't had trouble since.

KyJelly69

Apr 26, 2010
Indianapolis
Had this same issue. Use a needle and carefully pry the 2 little tabs inside for better contact.

pureminua

Apr 4, 2014
Wichita
I had the same issue with both my old DNA and my current one. I actually warrantied out my old one because of the issue my current one I managed to fix. I was reading online (i googled the issue) and found a couple other people had the same problem. I work for an IT company that uses the Square Card readers to accept credit cards so I HAD to get the issue fixed. Someone suggested using compressed air, aka canned air, and spray into the jack. Worked like a dream. Haven't had an issue since I did this. :)

snowboarder93

Oct 27, 2013
If none of the cleaning tips work, there is an app called SoudAbout on the Play Store. You can use it too force the audio through the jack even if your phone doesn't recognize they're plugged in. The free version is all I've used. Link

Reactions: Jaggar345

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If none of the cleaning tips work, there is an app called SoudAbout on the Play Store. You can use it too force the audio through the jack even if your phone doesn't recognize they're plugged in. The free version is all I've used. Link