[GUIDE] Add 10 Customizable App Launcher on SystemUI

Search This thread

73R3WY

Jun 10, 2013
I click the shortcut, or stay in the status bar, but applications open in the background ,Sorry. My English is bad:(

yes sir, thanks for that, I have already known that issue when I programmed the app. first time I applied it, that also happened - the apps opened in background and statusbar did not "collapse". I already found the answer to that, dont worry I will update it to be used with API versions > 16 (which includes 4.2 ~ latest). btw your english is not bad.

Myth2014

Apr 14, 2014
Linyi
yes sir, thanks for that, I have already known that issue when I programmed the app. first time I applied it, that also happened - the apps opened in background and statusbar did not "collapse". I already found the answer to that, dont worry I will update it to be used with API versions > 16 (which includes 4.2 ~ latest). btw your english is not bad.

yeah~~sir,wish you good luck,im going to bed..

来自我的 vivo Y18L 上的 Tapatalk

SpaceCaker

Mar 26, 2011
netherlands
www.youtube.com
yes sir, i will provide the java source codes for this through github, I will learn how to use github first.

Thanks bro. i have been trying to figure out how to make a chooseable app launcher for quiet a while now, maybe thanks to this code i can figure it out.

if you need help on Github.
i have written 2 guides a Part 1 and Part 2

http://d-h.st/31K -> Part 1 how to setup and publish first repo.
http://d-h.st/vi7 -> Part 2 how to second commit. etc

Reactions: 73R3WY

73R3WY

Jun 10, 2013
Thanks bro. i have been trying to figure out how to make a chooseable app launcher for quiet a while now, maybe thanks to this code i can figure it out.

if you need help on Github.
i have written 2 guides a Part 1 and Part 2

http://d-h.st/31K -> Part 1 how to setup and publish first repo.
http://d-h.st/vi7 -> Part 2 how to second commit. etc

Sources are up sir, you may check my github account (73R3WY). I hope it would help you.. btw, thanks for your guide sir, I'm also using windows 8.1, now installing github for windows.

Last edited:
Reactions: SpaceCaker

73R3WY

Jun 10, 2013
yeah~~sir,wish you good luck,im going to bed..

update (v0.4) for compatibility with Android versions > JB 4.2 (API 16) done sir, please confirm if it will now close the statusbar panel after clicking a shortcut on your Android 4.3 device. Thank you. ;)

G.M.L

May 3, 2013
Greece/Thessaloniki
pasakalis.blogspot.gr
I was looking for this a long time and its worked perfect thanks!!!!!

G.M.L.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1417109443383.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1417109443383.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 144

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This guide will let you add 10 customizable app launchers on your SystemUI.
    Launch any application from your statusbar panel without exiting your current app and going to your launcher..
    Features:​
    • Change launcher text color
    • Change launcher text size
    • Change launcher icon size
    • Change launcher view (4 views to choose from)
    • Change launcher background (4 backgrounds to choose from)
    • Remove/Hide launcher slots
    • Easy to integrate to your SystemUI
    • Easy to configure and customize
    • Support up to API 18 (Jellybean 4.3 see Myth2014's posts), I also confirm it running in API 19 (Kitkat 4.4.2) EMULATOR ONLY, If you have KitKat ROM and tried/tested this mod, please tell me or post it, thank you.
    Note: Smali files were decompiled using apktool_2.0.0b9, so pls use the same apktool version in decompiling and recompiling your SystemUI.apk, I also upload smali files to be used with apktool_1.5.2.

Steps:
    1. Decompile your SystemUI.apk
    2. Download the attachment (it contains the needed smali files, use LATEST VERSIONS and APPROPRIATE FOR THE APKTOOL VERSION you are using).
    3. Extract the zip file to your decompiled SystemUI.apk folder (/SystemUI.apk/here).
    4. Now, open your status_bar_expanded.xml (/SystemUI.apk/res/layout/status_bar_expanded.xml) then add this code after:

Code:
    xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android">

OR anywhere in your status_bar_expanded layout OR in any free layout/tab if you have, its up to you to layout it as long as it looks like this:

This is the code that you will add:
    Code:
    <LinearLayout android:orientation="vertical" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" >
    	<com.jeremypacabis.statusbarmods.AppLauncherOnSystemUI android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" />
    </LinearLayout>

Warning: DO NOT MAKE <com.jeremypacabis.statusbarmods.AppLauncherOnSystemUI /> a child of a ScrollView because AppLauncherOnSystemUI already extends ScrollView and YOU CANNOT PUT a ScrollView inside another ScrollView.

Tip: If you want to add more Views around the launcher add the attribute android:layout_weight to specify the space occupied by each view and prevent clutter. I will not discuss about it, just search about the usage of android:layout_weight to allocate spaces for your views.

5. Save your edited status_bar_expanded.xml and that's it.
    6. Recompile your SystemUI.apk
    7. Push or flash your newly recompiled SystemUI.apk
    8. Download the attached application.
    9. Install the downloaded application and customize your SystemUI app launcher, you can edit/remove shortcuts and add only what you need.

Settings Instructions:
    To customize your App Launcher on SystemUI, Open the SystemUIAppLauncher App.
    - To change/assign the app shortcut, tap on the list and select the application you want.
    - To remove app shortcut from SystemUI, long press on the app from the list and Delete (you can assign another app later if you want).

v0.1 Initial release:
    Screenshots:
    App Launcher on SystemUI:
    OUTDATED (Check updates below)

App Launcher on SystemUI Settings:
    OUTDATED (Check updates below)

Attachments:
    Needed files: OUTDATED (Check updates below) v0.1
    SettingsApp: OUTDATED (Check updates below) version code: 1

Updates:

v0.2 Update:

Needed files:
    USE WITH APKTOOL v1.5.2 = View attachment AppLauncherOnSystemUIFilesv0.2_use_with_apktool_1.5.2.zip v0.2
    USE WITH APKTOOL v2.0.0b9 = View attachment AppLauncherOnSystemUIFilesv0.2.zip v0.2
    SettingsApp: View attachment SystemUIAppLauncher_v0.2.apk version code: 2

[ADDED] Resize launcher icons using the SettingsApp.
    [FIXED] Inconsistency of icon sizes in the launcher. Now the icons have fixed sizes depending on the settings.
    [FIXED] Force close of SettingsApp due to clicking of the application list while the program is still loading the installed applications.
    View attachment 2893288View attachment 2893289View attachment 2893290

v0.3 Update:
    Needed files:
    USE WITH APKTOOL v1.5.2 = View attachment AppLauncherOnSystemUIFilesv0.3_use_with_apktool_1.5.2.zip v0.3
    USE WITH APKTOOL v2.0.0b9 = View attachment 2894395 v0.3
    SettingsApp: View attachment 2894415 version code: 3

[ADDED] Resize launcher text label sizes using the SettingsApp.
    [NEW] SettingsApp layout.
    [FIXED] Gone text label when assigning new app launcher if (icon_size < text_label_size).
    View attachment 2894457View attachment 2894458View attachment 2894459View attachment 2894460

v0.4 Update:
    Needed files:
    USE WITH APKTOOL v1.5.2 = View attachment AppLauncherOnSystemUIFilesv0.4_use_with_apktool_1.5.2.zip v0.4
    USE WITH APKTOOL v2.0.0b9 = View attachment AppLauncherOnSystemUIFilesv0.4.zip v0.4

[FIXED] Support to Android API versions higher than 16 (JELLYBEAN 4.2). Can be applied up to Android KitKat without the "not collapsing statusbar panel bug".

LATEST:
    v0.5 Update:
    Needed files:
    USE WITH APKTOOL v1.5.2 = View attachment AppLauncherOnSystemUIFilesv0.5_use_with_apktool_1.5.2.zip v0.5
    USE WITH APKTOOL v2.0.0b9 = View attachment AppLauncherOnSystemUIFilesv0.5.zip v0.5
    SettingsApp: View attachment SystemUIAppLauncher_v0.4.apk version code: 4

[ADDED] New view layout of the launcher.
    [ADDED] 4 launcher backgrounds (I used android default drawables :p). You can add any background you want with a simple tweak.
    [ADDED] Launcher text colors can now be customized.
    [ADDED] SettingsApp About menu added.
    [FIXED] Application chooser only displays applications that can be launched.
    v0.5_newBackgrounds.pngv0.5_newSettings.png

* xda-developers.com
    * stackoverflow.com
    * Pascal Cans (noobs.com) for his easy to use android-color-picker library (@GitHub)
    * Myth2014 for reviewing my work and finding bugs
    * and You ;)

Source Codes?
    You want to play with the code? Add functions? Explore and Learn? Copy method snippets? You can check it at my GitHub.:good::

Suggestions? Comments? Bugs (I hope none)?
    Just post a reply here and I will try to attend to it. (The word "try" always has a "catch" Exception, iykwim.)
    yeah,if you update this ,please tell me :fingers-crossed:

Update done sir, now you have the option to resize the app launcher icon. I have uploaded latest smali files and settings app (v0.2). Thank you. ;)
    Sir please use apktool 1.5.2 sir, most of us dont use apktool beta 9 sir. Its because after this tutor, not so many tuts use apktool beta 9 as base :p:good:

Yes sir, I also noticed that. many smali from guides are decompiled using apktool 1.5.2, I have updated the guide with smali for apktool 1.5.2. Thank you. ;)
    sir,look this pic[emoji16]

8y2utu2u.jpg

sir,look this pic[emoji16]

8y2utu2u.jpg

Yes sir, i also encounter that problem, this happens when you set the icon size below 36 px (@hdpi) or 24 px (@ldpi/mdpi) because the text size is always fixed at 24.0dip, so when you assign new shortcut, no text is displayed, for now, just set the icon size to be bigger. I will update with new option to customize text size and text color for each launcher.
    1.png2.png