[APP] Facebook Home for Nexus 4

Search This thread

wolfboy1984

Dec 7, 2011
Dubai
EDIT - MODACO modified apks FOR ANY DEVICE are now up. No root required for these. Below is the original method using the Google Play version of Facebook Home .apk Chat heads will work etc!

****************************************************************************************************************************

So I've finally got Home working on my N4... I knew I'd get it working in the end. Now I've tried it - it's OK. :D

Instructions...

1. (ROOT NEEDED!) Change build.prop to GS3 / HTC One X etc... BuildPropEditor Just change ro.product.model from 'Nexus 4' to 'HTC One X'. REBOOT to take affect!

2. Delete other versions of FB Home from your phone. Ensure current Facebook AND Messenger apps are updated. Clear these apps data.

3. Download and install home.apk (This is the unmodified Google Play version).

4. Sign in. Facebook app settings > Enable Facebook Home.

5. Revert build.prop and REBOOT!

6. Hit thanks and ENJOY for a little while. Maybe. Then uninstall.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-04-12-19-15-49.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-04-12-19-15-49.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 5,880
Last edited:

wolfboy1984

Dec 7, 2011
Dubai
I changed everything I could but here... I think device, model and build are the most important.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1365790681795.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365790681795.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 5,481
  • uploadfromtaptalk1365790690317.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365790690317.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 4,879
  • uploadfromtaptalk1365790698692.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365790698692.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 4,652
  • uploadfromtaptalk1365790707409.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365790707409.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 4,582

lazyboy0172

Jun 3, 2007
thanks for the build prop values. I changed ro.product.device, ro.product.manufacturer ro.product.model ro.product.brand and ro.build.product to the ones you had for the One X. Not sure if all 5 were necessary, but they were easy enough to change, and I got facebook, messenger, and home installed and running then set them back to mako/LGE/Nexus 4/Google as necessary and rebooted, home is working just fine still :)

wolfboy1984

Dec 7, 2011
Dubai
You are right. I'm sure not all are necessary. I was just making sure I guess.
The ones in the OP are the important ones (I think). Will change once someone confirms.

KevinChaos

May 13, 2011
thanks for the build prop values. I changed ro.product.device, ro.product.manufacturer ro.product.model ro.product.brand and ro.build.product to the ones you had for the One X. Not sure if all 5 were necessary, but they were easy enough to change, and I got facebook, messenger, and home installed and running then set them back to mako/LGE/Nexus 4/Google as necessary and rebooted, home is working just fine still :)

Wait... So I can change the values, and then once home is running I can change them back? That doesn't seem right to me, but if it's true I'd be so down!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium HD app

bsaidmalta

Dec 22, 2012
Thanks! That didn't take long haha, works perfectly. I think you should edit the thread so that people will know that they have to reboot in order for the new build.prop settings stick.

Reactions: wolfboy1984

newbienic

Oct 15, 2012
Rooted?

Stupid question, but is being rooted a necessity to edit build.prop / model name, etc. ? I tried, but it wouldnt let me save the new info. I'm assuming its cause I'm stock.

Hash_Map

Nov 3, 2011
Reston
Thank you for the instructions wolf boy 1984!
I am having a doubt on step 2. Would you mind clarifying the following?

Is clearing data as in wiping user data from all apps (factory reset basically) or just wiping cache? I assume its would a factory reset, right?

Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

ashymac86

Jul 11, 2010
portsmouth
Thanks OP, got Home working in minutes.

Either im doing something wrong or chat heads isnt working for me at the moment.

I'll try and use it for a while until Nova lures me back!

To be honest i'd rather see a twitter home launcher

wolfboy1984

Dec 7, 2011
Dubai
Main Facebook app (not messenger h. Go to messages.Press friend image...

Or receive a message and it will pop up.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EDIT - MODACO modified apks FOR ANY DEVICE are now up. No root required for these. Below is the original method using the Google Play version of Facebook Home .apk Chat heads will work etc!

****************************************************************************************************************************

So I've finally got Home working on my N4... I knew I'd get it working in the end. Now I've tried it - it's OK. :D

Instructions...

1. (ROOT NEEDED!) Change build.prop to GS3 / HTC One X etc... BuildPropEditor Just change ro.product.model from 'Nexus 4' to 'HTC One X'. REBOOT to take affect!

2. Delete other versions of FB Home from your phone. Ensure current Facebook AND Messenger apps are updated. Clear these apps data.

3. Download and install home.apk (This is the unmodified Google Play version).

4. Sign in. Facebook app settings > Enable Facebook Home.

5. Revert build.prop and REBOOT!

6. Hit thanks and ENJOY for a little while. Maybe. Then uninstall.
    I changed everything I could but here... I think device, model and build are the most important.
    the launcher is cool except for... its not meant for a phone... how da fuk do i make calls.... text message instantly... so gay.... now i probably have to download widgets to do that on the homescreen :c

I am no fan of the Facebook home (and the hype made me think it might be something good).

But really? Using Gay as an insult? Are you 12 years old and from the past? And also living in a cave of some sort? Pffft.

Back on topic. I find this launcher works ok by itself with nothing running on a nexus 7, but it lags like hell when running any non Facebook app. And its difficult to use some normal functions.

I am also not a fan of using the Facebook messenger for sms but that is the easiest to access as it's available from the bubble thing.

Overall, it could be better. Perhaps it will improve drastically since Facebook seem to really want to fit this market.

Sent from my Nexus⁴ running CM10.1 (JB 4.2.2) using XDA premium app
    Guys if you don't use fb all the time or you simple don't like Facebook don't install it no one is forcing you so stop *****ing about it jeez

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
    1. Change build.prop to GS3 / HTC One X etc

2. Update current apps. Clear data.

3. Download and install Facebook.home.apk from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=40223609 this thread.