{TX} [ROM+DAILIES][8-8-2013][JB 4.2] OFFICIAL PAC-man AIO ROM M1-Release [CM KERNEL]

Search This thread
D

Deleted member 4123551

Right guys you know whats coming.....

pac_logo_header_transparent_800x200.png

P A C man ALL IN 1

Check the Q&A Thread for PAC-specific questions! :D

ROM INTEL

Here we go then, This is the PAC-man AIO (All-in-one) ROM, for the Xperia TX. Since the TX isnt that different from the T, I compiled it, asked a tester to test it, and here it is! A big shoutout to @Rycon33 who did some extensive testing on the ROM for me.

I'm searching two more testers to test updates before releasing it into the wild. If you want to do so, please shoot me a PM :)
These testers will get the ROM, they will test it, and after the release to the public will take place.

PAC is a combination of the three biggest ROMs here at XDA. Paranoid Android, Android Open Kang Project and CyanogenMod. It features CM profiles, PA's Hybrid Engine, and ROM Control by AOKP. Everything!
A main complaint under the developers whom originally developed their features about 'mashup' ROMs, is that they are messy, and the different features aren't integrated as well as the individual projects. PAC was the first of all 'mashup' ROMs and has the best integration of them all. It took a LOT of work of thinking behind to merge the frameworks in the right order. These are not just your daily git cherry-pick developers trying to pull money off of XDA ;)
PAC-man has a solid team with good developers and device maintainers, bringing you this totally awesome ROM. :victory:

If you'd like to support me or the PAC developers, be sure to drop them a thanks / beer!

FEATURES
  • Hybrid Framework
  • CM10.1
  • AOKP
  • AOSPA
  • Per App DPI
  • Per App Color
  • Pie Controls
  • Open Source Camera HAL
  • cLock
  • Hardware Key Control
  • Any Widget on lockscreen
  • CM Profiles
  • Lock Screen Shortcuts
  • Lock Screen ring target
  • Fresh compiled CM10.1 kernel
  • Init.d Support
  • The list is endless.

BUGS

• Basically every bug from CM10.1/FXP
  • Headphones
  • Vibration
  • Camera is a bit buggy sometimes
  • You tell me... Read down here how to report bugs, which are really usefull to me.

REPORTING BUGS

Source: JellyTime
Code:
How To File a Bug Report with Logcat:
[LIST]
[*]    Install android sdk
[*]    Install drivers for adb on PC
[*]    Connect phone to PC
[*]    Open cmd.exe or terminal
[*]    Type 'adb logcat' without the quotes
[*]    Start the app that causes the issues
[*]    Wait for the app to close or get to the error
[*]    Copy logcat contents and put in pastebin
[*]    Copy pastebin links here
[/LIST]

How To Find Wakelocks:
[LIST]
[*]    Type 'adb shell cat /proc/wakelocks > wakelocks.txt' without the quotes
[*]    Copy contents and put in pastebin
[*]    Copy pastebin links on your post
[/LIST] 

How To Get dmesg logs:
[LIST]
[*]   Install android sdk
[*]    Type 'adb shell dmesg > dmesg.txt' without the quotes
[/LIST]

Before filing a bug report, please consider the answer to these:
[LIST]
[*]    Is the bug reproducible?
[*]    How do you reproduce it?
[*]    What is the expected behavior?
[*]    What actually happens?
[*]    Are you on the default Kernel?
[*]    Did you restore data of System Apps using Titanium Backup?
[/LIST]

CHANGELOG

Go and check out PAC on github :)

INSTALLATION / NOOB GUIDE :)

1. Unlock your bootloader, if you haven't done so.
  2. Download this the latest version of this badboy!
  3. Grab a copy of the latest GAPPS package
  4. If you come from a stock rom, reboot to bootloader, flash the boot.img from the ROM zip.
  5. Reboot to recovery
  6. Do a "Factory Reset" if coming from any other ROM than the semi-latest version of PAC
  7. Flash the ROM! /system will be automatically wiped during install, as in all good ROMs.
  8. Flash GAPPS
  9. Reboot
  10. Enjoy!

DOWNLOADS

Please be aware that the ROM is throughly tested, but that there are certain bugs!

DAILIES

Since shortly, Hayabusa builds are also available on PAC's basketbuild, check it out here: http://pacman.basketbuild.com/index.php?dir=main/hayabusa/nightly/

FAQ

Q: My sound is way too low!
A: Find Pimp My Rom in the Play Store, and install xLoud with it. This can also bring back BE with unlocked bootloaders!

Q: Paranoid Android preferences do not work!
A: https://github.com/ParanoidAndroid/android_vendor_pa/commit/e99a9b192386ca186dfe5a52126ce6fbe7da79a5 - or grab one of the latest ParanoidAndroid ROMs and sideload /system/app/paranoidpreferences.apk

SIGPIC

Code:
http://i.imgur.com/MOG8AGD.png
MOG8AGD.png

Fan-art is always welcome :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a BIG thanks to these people:
szl.kiev and PACman Team
CM team
ParanoidAndroid team
AOKP Team
XDA for just about everything else
@Rycon33 for testing this release ;)
If you think you need to be thanked, just let me know ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Rycon33

Apr 28, 2011
Xiaomi Poco F3
Awesome mate, many TX users will surely be happy.:)

Though still many things to iron-out(see the mentioned bugs and some you need to tell the dev), people will still be quite satisfied with the ROM as I did.

I just want to reiterate that during testing I didn't check if the voice calls are fine(lol it should be the basic thing to test).:D

Though I think even at this early stage, it's good that everyone gets to test it and it will definitely help the dev more because more feedbacks are going to flow.

So fellow TX users, flash it and give feedback.:)

Tapatalked from my bricked TX

Cammarratta

Jun 15, 2009
Awesome mate, many TX users will surely be happy.:)

Though still many things to iron-out(see the mentioned bugs and some you need to tell the dev), people will still be quite satisfied with the ROM as I did.

I just want to reiterate that during testing I didn't check if the voice calls are fine(lol it should be the basic thing to test).:D

Though I think even at this early stage, it's good that everyone gets to test it and it will definitely help the dev more because more feedbacks are going to flow.

So fellow TX users, flash it and give feedback.:)

Tapatalked from my bricked TX

I've been running it for the past few hours and everything seems alright.
The headphones don't seem to register but calls do work and everything else seems to be fine.
Keep up the great work, glad to see support for the TX as well. ;)

Reactions: Rycon33

Cammarratta

Jun 15, 2009
Bluetooth is kinda spotty so I can't accurately say if it works. It worked for a little bit with my radio but then it stopped working and hasn't worked since. :p

There's also a reboot whenever it tries to install something over 5mb's sometimes. I'm not entirely sure why but it happens whenever it feels like it.

Vibration does not work (already been listed) and the battery is draining kinda fast. Not entirely sure as I haven't fully cycled it but it has been kinda grr from what I've seen.

Also the touch screen calibration seems to be a tad bit off. I often find myself pressing something else when I directly press what I intended. Its not bad to the breaking point but sometimes I have to take a moment to think about what I'm actually pressing.

Last edited:

ericmaxman

Jul 20, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Now this looks interesting :)

Will give this a try once i backup all my stuff :)

UPDATE : my stock rom was rooted, but bootloader was still locked. so i got my bootloader unlocked, and flashed the pacman's boot.img. after booting into CWM, it says that "E: Unable to mount/data" Tried to format /data , /cache, /system , /dalvik-cache, all the same.

Tried TWRP, but also no bueno. Display was cut into half, and also got the same error as CWM. And due to that, I kept getting bootloops :(

Last edited:

Leo

Dec 18, 2012
Now this looks interesting :)

Will give this a try once i backup all my stuff :)

UPDATE : my stock rom was rooted, but bootloader was still locked. so i got my bootloader unlocked, and flashed the pacman's boot.img. after booting into CWM, it says that "E: Unable to mount/data" Tried to format /data , /cache, /system , /dalvik-cache, all the same.

Tried TWRP, but also no bueno. Display was cut into half, and also got the same error as CWM. And due to that, I kept getting bootloops :(

try to flash it using other kernel including CWM(6.0.X.X )

Last edited:

Rycon33

Apr 28, 2011
Xiaomi Poco F3
Good news guys, I've been testing the latest build(2-June) and some issues has been fixed, e.g. still no random reboots here, creating lockscreen shortcuts is Ok now, and many more.:)

Though some minor issues is still there like no vibration and headset/earphone not detected.

But overall, ROM is really very fluid and smooth. Plus we can use those awesome themes available around. Check out those new themes like flatron theme and simplex theme. They are simply awesome.:)

EDIT: and we can enter recovery now(from OFF state) by pressing volume button. last time we can go recovery only when we're coming from OS.

Tapatalked from my PACmanned TX

Last edited:
Reactions: Leo

ericmaxman

Jul 20, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
try to flash it using other kernel including CWM(6.0.X.X )
then shutdown and flash the pac boot.img in fastboot mode

Thanks for the heads up. I'll give it another try ;)

Good news guys, I've been testing the latest build(2-June) and some issues has been fixed, e.g. still no random reboots here, creating lockscreen shortcuts is Ok now, and many more.:)

Though some minor issues is still there like no vibration and headset/earphone not detected.

But overall, ROM is really very fluid and smooth. Plus we can use those awesome themes available around. Check out those new themes like flatron theme and simplex theme. They are simply awesome.:)

EDIT: and we can enter recovery now(from OFF state) by pressing volume button. last time we can go recovery only when we're coming from OS.

Tapatalked from my PACmanned TX
Glad to hear that the ROM is improving :good:

Any other bugs that we need to take note of?

boydje

Jul 30, 2007
navigation bar isnt showing

Just installed the rom and works fine but my navigation bar isnt showing.. can somebody help me with this?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-06-26-15-34-23.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-06-26-15-34-23.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 150

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 4123551
    Right guys you know whats coming.....

pac_logo_header_transparent_800x200.png

P A C man ALL IN 1

Check the Q&A Thread for PAC-specific questions! :D

ROM INTEL

Here we go then, This is the PAC-man AIO (All-in-one) ROM, for the Xperia TX. Since the TX isnt that different from the T, I compiled it, asked a tester to test it, and here it is! A big shoutout to @Rycon33 who did some extensive testing on the ROM for me.

I'm searching two more testers to test updates before releasing it into the wild. If you want to do so, please shoot me a PM :)
    These testers will get the ROM, they will test it, and after the release to the public will take place.

PAC is a combination of the three biggest ROMs here at XDA. Paranoid Android, Android Open Kang Project and CyanogenMod. It features CM profiles, PA's Hybrid Engine, and ROM Control by AOKP. Everything!
    A main complaint under the developers whom originally developed their features about 'mashup' ROMs, is that they are messy, and the different features aren't integrated as well as the individual projects. PAC was the first of all 'mashup' ROMs and has the best integration of them all. It took a LOT of work of thinking behind to merge the frameworks in the right order. These are not just your daily git cherry-pick developers trying to pull money off of XDA ;)
    PAC-man has a solid team with good developers and device maintainers, bringing you this totally awesome ROM. :victory:

If you'd like to support me or the PAC developers, be sure to drop them a thanks / beer!

FEATURES
    • Hybrid Framework
    • CM10.1
    • AOKP
    • AOSPA
    • Per App DPI
    • Per App Color
    • Pie Controls
    • Open Source Camera HAL
    • cLock
    • Hardware Key Control
    • Any Widget on lockscreen
    • CM Profiles
    • Lock Screen Shortcuts
    • Lock Screen ring target
    • Fresh compiled CM10.1 kernel
    • Init.d Support
    • The list is endless.

BUGS

• Basically every bug from CM10.1/FXP
    • Headphones
    • Vibration
    • Camera is a bit buggy sometimes
    • You tell me... Read down here how to report bugs, which are really usefull to me.

REPORTING BUGS

Source: JellyTime
    Code:
    How To File a Bug Report with Logcat:
    [LIST]
    [*]    Type 'adb logcat' without the quotes
    [*]    Start the app that causes the issues
    [*]    Wait for the app to close or get to the error
    [*]    Copy logcat contents and put in pastebin
    [*]    Copy pastebin links here
    [/LIST]

How To Find Wakelocks:
    [LIST]
    [*]    Type 'adb shell cat /proc/wakelocks > wakelocks.txt' without the quotes
    [/LIST] 

How To Get dmesg logs:
    [LIST]
    [*]   Install android sdk
    [*]    Type 'adb shell dmesg > dmesg.txt' without the quotes
    [/LIST]

Before filing a bug report, please consider the answer to these:
    [LIST]
    [*]    Is the bug reproducible?
    [*]    How do you reproduce it?
    [*]    What is the expected behavior?
    [*]    What actually happens?
    [*]    Are you on the default Kernel?
    [*]    Did you restore data of System Apps using Titanium Backup?
    [/LIST]

CHANGELOG

Go and check out PAC on github :)

INSTALLATION / NOOB GUIDE :)

1. Unlock your bootloader, if you haven't done so.
    2. Download this the latest version of this badboy!
    3. Grab a copy of the latest GAPPS package
    4. If you come from a stock rom, reboot to bootloader, flash the boot.img from the ROM zip.
    5. Reboot to recovery
    6. Do a "Factory Reset" if coming from any other ROM than the semi-latest version of PAC
    7. Flash the ROM! /system will be automatically wiped during install, as in all good ROMs.
    8. Flash GAPPS
    9. Reboot
    10. Enjoy!

DOWNLOADS

Please be aware that the ROM is throughly tested, but that there are certain bugs!

DAILIES

Since shortly, Hayabusa builds are also available on PAC's basketbuild, check it out here: http://pacman.basketbuild.com/index.php?dir=main/hayabusa/nightly/

FAQ

Q: My sound is way too low!
    A: Find Pimp My Rom in the Play Store, and install xLoud with it. This can also bring back BE with unlocked bootloaders!

Q: Paranoid Android preferences do not work!
    A: https://github.com/ParanoidAndroid/android_vendor_pa/commit/e99a9b192386ca186dfe5a52126ce6fbe7da79a5 - or grab one of the latest ParanoidAndroid ROMs and sideload /system/app/paranoidpreferences.apk

SIGPIC

Code:
    http://i.imgur.com/MOG8AGD.png
    MOG8AGD.png

Fan-art is always welcome :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a BIG thanks to these people:
    szl.kiev and PACman Team
    CM team
    ParanoidAndroid team
    AOKP Team
    XDA for just about everything else
    @Rycon33 for testing this release ;)
    If you think you need to be thanked, just let me know ;)
    D
    Deleted member 4123551
    mako_5iscid.png

Pacman%20PA%20features.jpg

Video.png

thanks to techfanatic9 for this.....

Screens.png

N4Pac1.png
    N4Pac2.png
    N4Pac3.png
    N4Pac4.png
    N4Pac5.png
    N4Pac6.png
    D
    Deleted member 4123551
    Well, it has been a while since I checked in, and i'm aware the nightlies have stopped weirdly enough. I'm in the middle moving to the city and i'm busy with my job, but the moving is almost complete and i have holidays in a week, so I'll try and bring them dailies back how they should be. Cheers! :good:
    D
    Deleted member 4123551
    New release! :)
    I accidentally skipped Milestone1-RC1, but here is Milestone 1 - Release for you guys :)

Other exciting news is that PAC has added this device to basketbuild! This means you can get nightlies and releases also from PAC's servers :good:
    so excited to see PACman on TX
    thousands of thanks :good::good::good: