Need an Orange UK/Debranded EU RUU or Stock Recovery

Search This thread

CryptoCanedv2

Sep 13, 2010
Hey guys,
I need an orange Uk or debranded stock recovery or RUU. I was flashing a rom but it corrupted the SD card,
I've read that I need one of these but I cant seem to find any, if anyone could provide me a link or help with my situation that would be great.

Again any help is appreciated.

rustykwak

Aug 21, 2011
Birmingham
Hey guys,
I need an orange Uk or debranded stock recovery or RUU. I was flashing a rom but it corrupted the SD card,
I've read that I need one of these but I cant seem to find any, if anyone could provide me a link or help with my situation that would be great.

Hi firstly what CID have you got & are you s-on or s-off? also sent you a pm with stock details.

Last edited:
Reactions: CryptoCanedv2

CryptoCanedv2

Sep 13, 2010
Hi firstly what CID have you got & are you s-on or s-off? also sent you a pm with stock details.

Hey thanks for the reply, its s-on,

But im not sure on the CID how do i find this?

Just flashed the recovery and the SD card mounts again :), however USB-OTG still wont mount.
I also tried pushing a rom through adb but i recieved a protocol failure with no error code.

Last edited:

rustykwak

Aug 21, 2011
Birmingham

Just flashed the recovery and the SD card mounts again :), however USB-OTG still wont mount.
I also tried pushing a rom through adb but i recieved a protocol failure with no error code.

Ok cool first to check cid easiest way boot into bootloader it shows there! you will struggle to get an RUU to match I never found one (i'm on orange) best way is to get superCid & gain s-off! check out facepalm in development thread!

Now you've sorted the sd issue flash a custom recovery I recommend this one! http://techerrata.com/file/twrp2/ville/openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.0-ville.img

CryptoCanedv2

Sep 13, 2010
Ok cool first to check cid easiest way boot into bootloader it shows there! you will struggle to get an RUU to match I never found one (i'm on orange) best way is to get superCid & gain s-off! check out facepalm in development thread!

Now you've sorted the sd issue flash a custom recovery I recommend this one! http://techerrata.com/file/twrp2/ville/openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.0-ville.img

None of the info says CID so ill just say it all.
***TAMPERED***
***UNLOCKED***
VLE PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-2.15.0000
RADIO-1.11.50.05.28
OpenDPS-v31.1.0.45.0815
eMMC-boot
Dec 14 2012, 17:10:57:12660

Already flashed that recovery the moment i'd fixed the SD card hehe,

What do I get from being S-Off? Is it so I can edit my CID to a different region?

At the moment I still cant get a rom on it as adb commands get protocol failures, both normal and sideload, and when I try to copy it onto the SD card from my PC it disconnects after about 2 seconds of copying.

Is there a way I can flash a rom through fastboot?

rustykwak

Aug 21, 2011
Birmingham
***TAMPERED***
***UNLOCKED***
VLE PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-2.15.0000
RADIO-1.11.50.05.28
OpenDPS-v31.1.0.45.0815
eMMC-boot

What do I get from being S-Off? Is it so I can edit my CID to a different region?

At the moment I still cant get a rom on it as adb commands get protocol failures, both normal and sideload, and when I try to copy it onto the SD card from my PC it disconnects after about 2 seconds of copying.

ok to read cid put your phone into bootloader/fastbbot connect pc & open cmd in your fastboot folder then type fastboot oem readcid

If your having adb probs aswell try updating your htc usb drivers, that might cure this issue!

CryptoCanedv2

Sep 13, 2010
ok to read cid put your phone into bootloader/fastbbot connect pc & open cmd in your fastboot folder then type fastboot oem readcid

If your having adb probs aswell try updating your htc usb drivers, that might cure this issue!

Sorry for the late reply, ive been really busy with work.
CID is HTC_001

I have just updated my HTC drivers and redownloaded adb and fastboot but still cannot push anything to my internal SD card
F:\adb>adb push villestock.zip /sdcard/villestock.zip
protocol failure

F:\adb>adb devices
List of devices attached
SH23MW405711 recovery

F:\adb>adb shell
~ # ←[6nsu
su
/sbin/sh: su: not found
~ # ←[6n

Also it would seem I cant root my device?

CryptoCanedv2

Sep 13, 2010

I know i'm really n00by, phone internals arn't my speciality :p,
Is this bricked?
Or is it recoverable at all.

CryptoCanedv2

Sep 13, 2010
are you using windows 8.1 by any chance? if so that is the issue there are issues with fastboot /adb on 8.1 use a pc with 8.0 or below!

Not sure what drivers it was, but I fresh installed everything on a different Xp machine and was able to get the Rom onto the SD-card.
Atleast I think thats what the issue was, I was head bashing for a while hehe.

I think another issue was that I didnt have superuser installed but I got a 4,1 rom onto it and then upgraded to 4.3,
KitKat will get flashed hopefully when cyanogen becomes a bit more stable, crashes and reboots for me a few seconds after loading the home screen.

Thanks for your help and pointing me in the right direction.
Cryptocaned

Last edited:

rustykwak

Aug 21, 2011
Birmingham
Not sure what drivers it was, but I fresh installed everything on a different Xp machine and was able to get the Rom onto the SD-card.
Atleast I think thats what the issue was, I was head bashing for a while hehe.

I think another issue was that I didnt have superuser installed but I got a 4,1 rom onto it and then upgraded to 4.3,
KitKat will get flashed hopefully when cyanogen becomes a bit more stable, crashes and reboots for me a few seconds after loading the home screen.

Thanks for your help and pointing me in the right direction.
Cryptocaned

Cool glad you got it sorted! :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,

***TAMPERED***
    ***UNLOCKED***
    VLE PVT SHIP S-ON RL
    HBOOT-2.15.0000
    RADIO-1.11.50.05.28
    OpenDPS-v31.1.0.45.0815
    eMMC-boot

I know i'm really n00by, phone internals arn't my speciality :p,
    Is this bricked?
    Or is it recoverable at all.

are you using windows 8.1 by any chance? if so that is the issue there are issues with fastboot /adb on 8.1 use a pc with 8.0 or below!