Dash install not charging

Search This thread
Aug 18, 2012
Mounted my n7 in dash, got it hooked up to power and speakers. Using timurs ROM. All works well, says its "usb host fast charging" but looses charge all the time. Battery level permanently drops. Ive tried various chargers and bo difference. Is it possible the battery is dying?

Thanks

Evelen

Mar 10, 2014
I don't know why, but I had the same problem, also with 2.1A 12v/USB converter.
I found that if I only use the OTG cable it did charging fine but if I used a usb extension cable in addition the battery charged out.

idk why, have tested several extension cables

khaytsus

Apr 8, 2008
Central Kentucky
Probably voltage droop from a poor charger and/or poor cable. The Nexus 7 is very sensitive to it and it'll randomly only do slow charging otherwise.

furious84

Aug 26, 2010
spilimbergo (pn) italy
Hi im from Italy so sorry for My English.. That My experience with n7 in Car installation
When i drive for more 4hours (with 3g bt and GPS all on and display obviously on) i usually lost about 3%.
The problems starts When tablet start To freeze and boot alone then i lost more battery (maybe with a clean installation i ll resolve that issue or maybe is caused by Hot temperature of battery.) anyway a otg-y cable is suggest, for a better charge (i mean not a otg simple cable But a otg-y).

Inviato dal mio Nexus 7 utilizzando Tapatalk