HOLDS NJ-N81S dead, help me find kernel modules

Search This thread

spectroplasm

Jun 3, 2014
Hello everyone,

I have received a HOLDS NJ-N81S Spreadtrum SC6820 based android phone ( a Samsung Galaxy S4 Clone). During a failed root attempt via VROOT software, the phone no longer boots. I did howerver before even using VROOT make a copy of the local files via ftp, I do not have a real backup ROM etc.

I have been stiching FDL1/2 files and nvitem files from various other chinese phones to make a frankenstein ROM for my phone and have succeeded somewhat. The phone now boots correctly and I have sound and LCD screen is no longer grabbled.

My main roadblock is the touchscreen panel, I do not have the correct drivers for driving the panel, my original kernel modules are not compatible with my stiched ROM. I'm in need of help if anyone is able to assist me, I've attached below the original peripheral drivers before the failed VROOT app

Original drivers: www dropbox com / s / moj2upchd2x6xos / Spec_NJ-N81s-drivers.rar
the ko versions are: 2.6.35.7 mod_unload ARMv7
the version I need is:2.6.35.7 preempt mod_unload ARMv7

the touchpanel driver is the mxc622x.ko which is needed in order for the ft5206_ts.ko to work, flashing the ft5206_fw.bin to the chip I think isn't necessary as the focaltech panel controller chip wasn't touched.

spectroplasm

Jun 3, 2014
Hello everyone, I have made some progress on the phone since I last posted the problem.
As I did not have a ROM backup of the phone before proceeding to ROOT it, I had to scavange the kernel modules to handle the display, touch, sound, and the modem around the net. I have succeeded in getting the phone to properly boot and touch is working. My first problem was the screen being flipped upside down, but I got around the problem by patching the build.prop to rotate 180.

The biggest problem I have right now is that I get a corrupt display everytime the phone wakes up from standby, I press the power button and the phone goes to standby fine, but I don't see an image when I wake i up again, I can hear the sound working, the touch still works etc. I need help fixing the problem I don't know if it's the MALI gfx that has trouble waking up or something else is at play here.