News about current circumstances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

-PiLoT-

Retired Senior Moderator
Jan 17, 2008
Jefferson, SD
As some of you may have noticed a few threads have dissappeared in the DEV section

This is because of two reasons, the first being the Developer wanting to leave xda, the second being the sheer level of bad language to be found in them.

I also want to remind everyone that opening a topic to ask a developers to come back is not helpful or wanted, and they are currently being deleted. And those certain members who feel hat they have been wronged and start rom bashing. will be dealt with severely

Please Feel free to PM me or any other mod with a concern

best regards
PiLoT

Last edited:

svtfmook

Aug 14, 2007
an idea, or suggestion, but...

i [read no one of importance] think this would be an opportune time to clean things up in the different forums, maybe enforce a general guideline for devs in thread naming and structure, maybe eliminate some of the stickies that are no longer needed [ie 2.1 after effects and 2.1 rom coming soon, petition for froyo, etc] so more important stickies don't get lost in sticky land [ie forum rules/guidelines].

i think with some structure and uniform, people wouldn't be so quick with the "create another thread about gingerbread coming" mentality.

just a suggestion and in no way telling anyone how to moderate their forum.

rtblittlebrown

Feb 21, 2010
This dev who shall not be named has many people who adrore or hate him . The people who liked him are now taking everychance to criticize other devs

Sent from my X10i using XDA App

-PiLoT-

Retired Senior Moderator
Jan 17, 2008
Jefferson, SD

i [read no one of importance] think this would be an opportune time to clean things up in the different forums, maybe enforce a general guideline for devs in thread naming and structure, maybe eliminate some of the stickies that are no longer needed [ie 2.1 after effects and 2.1 rom coming soon, petition for froyo, etc] so more important stickies don't get lost in sticky land [ie forum rules/guidelines].

i think with some structure and uniform, people wouldn't be so quick with the "create another thread about gingerbread coming" mentality.

ill be getting round to this later today

Mr. Clown

Senior Moderator / RC-RT Committee - Fear a Clown
Staff member
Nov 29, 2008
Lake Ridge, Virginia
Apparently this has arise again today, it was matter of time. We need a community of sharing and friendly environment without threads turning in flame wars and offensive. Actions will be trigger to those who fuel this no matter what their status are (devs or members).

Thanks,

Mortyx10

Nov 19, 2010
Auckland
Apparently this has arise again today, it was matter of time. We need a community of sharing and friendly environment without threads turning in flame wars and offensive. Actions will be trigger to those who fuel this no matter what their status are (devs or members).

Thanks,

Just one question could you please kindly explain why you mods just delete Trip's threads while you clean up other threads If the same thing happens? I think if you ban the flamers does the job not to delete the whole thing. Thanks

kantk20111

Feb 26, 2011
Wow. I thought it was over. What the hell happened??????????

It's not even been a month since it happened the last time. This is saddening.

kantk20111

Feb 26, 2011
Just one question could you please kindly explain why you mods just delete Trip's threads while you clean up other threads If the same thing happens? I think if you ban the flamers does the job not to delete the whole thing. Thanks

It doesn't help that the dev I shall not name is a flamer himself.

Just saying.

agentJBM

Nov 30, 2010
Orlando
Free open source is being misused. These devs are contributing for free. Free source doesn't mean we can expect slavery or even cooperation.

What? Are you going to say that since a person isn't updating or contributing fast enough, or even having disagreements with others, that they don't deserve the opportunity to participate in an open and free forum?

Edit: Not to mention, that most of the people *****ing are senior members who contribute nothing more than assistance to noobs who break more xda rules than any developer, and the fact that Trip provides some of the best ROMs for the X10 should elevate him to untouchable status.

Anyone who talks **** about Trip better be a majorly contributing developer, otherwise just shut up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andre Verissimo

batman_112

Nov 9, 2010
Muscat
Free open source is being misused. These devs are contributing for free. Free source doesn't mean we can expect slavery or even cooperation.

What? Are you going to say that since a person isn't updating or contributing fast enough, or even having disagreements with others, that they don't deserve the opportunity to participate in an open and free forum?

We have senior members who contribute nothing more than assistance to noobs who break more xda rules than any dev.

I agree with you. They offer a ROM that is free for everyone to use. Where does it say that they are obliged to update it? Whether they do or don't is completely up to them. As for the flaming and taunting, I do not agree with that and everyone, whether its a dev, mod or member should exercise courtesy and respect towards others. It seems that this forum has turned into a soap opera lately which is really disappointing.

laill

Sep 23, 2010
Hong Kong
Google Pixel 5
As some of you may have noticed a few threads have dissappeared in the DEV section

This is because of two reasons, the first being the Developer not willing to work on updates, the second being the sheer level of bad language to be found in them.

I also want to remind everyone that opening a topic to ask a developers to come back is not helpful or wanted, and they are currently being deleted. And those certain members who feel hat they have been wronged and start rom bashing. will be dealt with severely

best regards
PiLoT
Just a small thinking.Well,I don't want to be banned:)
Just ignore me if this is offensive:p

You firstly mentioned that that dev doesn't have the intension to continue his work.But I am wondering if he had given such comments here on his/other posts.Would you mind to provide some evidence?I am pretty sure that you deleted the posts after you have read some of his comments.

For the sheer level of bad language,I always read post.
In a war,yes,it is no doubt that some devs here are/were arguing because someone want to protect his own work,personally I think it would be better to define the level of bad language.Calling people a copycat,saying someone is a glitch violate the rules?Language is not maths,meanings of word varies from person to person.
Also,it is understanding that someone speaks bit rudely when he is in anger.
Furthermore,what if that dev really can show some evidence that someone might forget to give him credit?

Thanks for reading

regards,
L

jingjonas

Oct 27, 2010
Singapore
Really disappointed about what has happened here. I woke up to see the x10 forums in pieces.

I'm sure the aim of this forum is to forge cohesiveness between users who are willing to learn and share with developers who are willing to selflessly Take time out of their busy schedule to cook up roms for our users

I know that whatever I'm gonna say here ain't gonna change the mod ' s mind but I hope the mods can really come clean about what really happened here instead of using vague terms like "attitude problem" or "unwilling to work on updates" when he releases updates almost once a day. Just like a democratic government, and citizens of a democracy, transparency and accountability to the people should top priority

Sent from my X10i TripNMiUI using XDA App

Last edited:

twerg

Oct 11, 2009
Hobart
Apps & Games
Sad to see him leave, only for the developments he provided to X10, the conflict wont be missed but what I seem to be missing is about 30 or 40 post to my post count. This has happened before to me when he closed/deleted a thread of his. It is not really important in the grand scheme of things but my posts were not offensive, mostly helpful and relevant questions to Trip or others. Is it fair that I (others also) loose or have a reduction to their post count throught the deletion of the thread? I dont post a lot so will take a little time to build it back up lol. Cheers

Last edited:

bra1n0uk

Nov 1, 2010

Agree with above....

Also how can mods say "one reason was because he didnt work on updates"... WTF.... He does this for FREE and where in rules does it say "if u release a rom then u must provide frequent updates"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've been "attacked" by Trip and fanboys one too many times these past few months
    and you could easily see that I NEVER used foul language in any of my posts.
    And the reason is that, above all, I respect myself too much to sink that low.
    All I did was report bugs in a discreet way -no whining or bashing-
    and there are even a number of posts where I positively express my appreciation for Trip's skills.

What I never liked, or understood for that matter, was the "You are god Trip, I love you" posts.
    To be fair, if I were in Trip's shoes, maybe I would act arrogantly too,
    with all those members feeding my ego.
    All I am saying is that this is a development community,
    which, in my point of view, means 2 things:
    1) development, of course 2) bug reporting.
    No one should be insulted for pointing out that something does not work or for providing a probable fix
    to help the developer and the community.

And again, even though Trip's ROMs were great and popular,
    he was not the hand that fed XDA, as someone said earlier.
    There are millions of users and developers here, so this statement just can't be true.
    And more specifically in the X10 forums, much before Trip even registered as a user,
    recognised developers like J, Z and Bin4ry (I'm sure I'm forgetting some, so please forgive me),
    who never threw tantrums or gathered an army of blood-thirsty fans around them,
    achieved root after months of trial and error, discovered the exploit that made xrecovery possible and so much more.
    Without them none of Trip's work would be even remotely doable.
    And in further extend, outside our community, have you seen Cyanogen swearing and insulting
    any of the thousands of users who report bugs -and not always in a constructive or polite manner?
    Aren't there hundreds of ROMs based on his work? Have you ever once seen him throwing an ego-manic tantrum?

Anyway, long story short, my point is that Trip was not the corner-stone of X10 community.
    It's certainly sad that he left and discontinued his contributions here,
    his work was in many ways unique and admirable, but sometimes with his attitude, it just wasn't worth it after all.

Again, please, correct me if I am wrong.

ill be getting round to this later today
    Guys, the mods also know how to deal with these things.

Something realllly bad must have gone on last night. Let's not jump to assumptions.
    The mods are experienced and unbiased, they know what's right, TripnHaters (see what I did there?) must have really gone against each other bad.

Trip's attitude might have been terrible as well. We all know he can become like that, and I know that he has the capability of insulting and degrading every other person but him in this forum, including devs.

So let's not attack/defend any side until the mods come out with details of what happened last night. Personally I think they should, it should clear things up quite a bit. The mods are mods for a reason, I don't think it's right if everyone here starts blaming the mods for this. They would have done what they did for a reason.

This is because of two reasons, the first being the Developer wanting to leave xda, the second being the sheer level of bad language to be found in them.

best regards
    PiLoT