HTC One. I like the look of ours better

Search This thread

HTC_Phone

Mar 20, 2010
Kansas City
Personally, I really like the design, and the dual speakers on the front. I read somewhere that you can remove the Blinkfeed to go back to generic Sense homescreens, which will be nice. The Blinkfeed feature to me honestly is too similar to Windows Phone and Flipboard, almost like a combination of the two.

The MAJOR drawback for me is the camera. 20 photos and a 3-second video when you press the shutter button? That's cool and I all, but I only take videos if I NEED a video... I don't want little 3 second videos scattered around my phone, along with 20 pictures from that timeframe, Just seems... Overdone. Hopefully there's a way to go back to stock camera functions. The Sense 4+ camera is perfect IMO.

Other than that, I think I'll look into getting it, since AT&T owes me an early upgrade after sending me SIX consecutive defective One X's.

Ddot196

May 7, 2011
The Zoe camera function is not used every time you take a picture. Only when you click the Zoe button. That would be a little absurd to have all that crap going on for every picture.

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda app-developers app

KillerBeaver

Oct 19, 2010
I definitely love what they did with the One apart from the multitasking button, or lack thereof.

Sent from my One X

dethpikil

Feb 26, 2011
I'd like to see sense five ports from the one

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app

slimslim

Oct 14, 2009
Blinkfeed ccan be removed by simply choosing other scene in settings (like a profile), I saw it in a video. I'm tempted but first wanna see the battery life.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

RollTribe

May 23, 2012
Virginia, USA
Most of the hardware looks nice other than the hardware buttons. What was their thinking behind that? Either give us on screen buttons or give us 3/4 buttons! You can give us two buttons!

Hydromea

Sep 4, 2010
Have you guys seen Sense 5? It looks MUCH better than Sense 4, and its a lot closer to stock Android. The removed the 'tabs' at the bottom of their apps in favor of swiping between screens like stock, they got rid of lots if the weird gradients in the UI, the UI buttons and stuff are more minimal, notifications actually look like real Android ones now ( style) and icons are more mature.

And yes, I know this is very subjective

Overall, I LOVE the look of the One. The home button placement is kinda weird, but overall I think the phone is great :D

Won't be getting it though (contract)

cuyo11

May 26, 2010
Portland
Have you guys seen Sense 5? It looks MUCH better than Sense 4, and its a lot closer to stock Android. The removed the 'tabs' at the bottom of their apps in favor of swiping between screens like stock, they got rid of lots if the weird gradients in the UI, the UI buttons and stuff are more minimal, notifications actually look like real Android ones now ( style) and icons are more mature.

And yes, I know this is very subjective

Overall, I LOVE the look of the One. The home button placement is kinda weird, but overall I think the phone is great :D

Won't be getting it though (contract)

I love how it looks, I just hope that sense 5 is not as heavy as sense 4. Hopefully they built it from scratch

Myrder

Oct 30, 2012
Oklahoma City
All HTC Phones are now ugly to me. Even though we have acheived S-OFF, the way HTC is locking down everything.. I won't be getting another phone from them.

slimslim

Oct 14, 2009
Lol. Yeah such an ugly phone ?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

If JLo looks ugly to me it doesn't mean she's ugly :p . Btw, I still found her f'ing hot in Parker, lost some boody just perfect ;) .

Anyways, anyone finds the look on One similar to the new Blackberry?

4ty-phive

Apr 7, 2009
If JLo looks ugly to me it doesn't mean she's ugly :p . Btw, I still found her f'ing hot in Parker, lost some boody just perfect ;) .

Anyways, anyone finds the look on One similar to the new Blackberry?

Its design is closer to the Xperia Ion than to the new Blackberry. The build quality on this phone is awesome (so I heard). I can't wait to get my hands on this. There is a lot of innovation here that I can't wait to see tested. The camera sound very promising. The build of it with the "zero-gap" filling of polycarbonate sounds top notch. I'm really interested in the software. The phone game is really not about specs anymore. It's all about software. I'm going to get flamed for this, but the reason (IMHO) why the sg3 sold like crazy was marketing and awesome features built into the software. Although HTC improved Sense leaps and bounds from 3 to 4+, it still wasn't there yet. But, Sense 5 looks like a winner. Can't wait to see it.

After all that, however, I agree with the OP...the One X still has the better design. I just love the way the screen "falls off" the edges of the device. Thanks for letting me rant a little

For1n

Sep 28, 2012
Not too many photos are out but I like the look of our One X better than the new One. It looks too much like the new Sprint EVO and the BB Z10, both of which I find ugly lol. If i could get One internals in the One X body, I'd be all over it. Let's see what Samsung has to offer.

What do you guys think of the One?

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app

One is nice-it's the first aluminium android phone, but IMO one x looks better. I decided that I will change the housing to white in my phone.

Lack of multitasking button is not good

Send from my One XL CM10.1

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
One is nice-it's the first aluminium android phone,

The first to have a "full aluminum body". There have been plenty of phones (particularly from HTC) that have bodies that are mostly aluminum, but had some strip or panel of plastic for the antenna. I'd be curious to learn the details of how they accomplished this (no plastic). The HTC blog talks about the design, but doesn't really explain how they solved the issue of the aluminum interfering with the antenna: http://blog.htc.com/2013/02/making-the-new-htc-one/

I've always preferred the look of the aluminum body phones, and was disappointed to see HTC move away from them for a while. Plastic phones simply look and feel cheaper. The polycarbonate on the One X is nicely done. Much better than other plastic bodied phones. But I for one am glad to see HTC going back to the metal body.

Depending on the finish, aluminum is usually much more durable than plastic/polycarbonate. My One X shows quite a few scuffs, scratches, and dings, especially on the edges. It still looks very nice, and I don't care for it to be pristine. But HTC Flyer tablet is almost a year older, never had a case on it either. I use it every day, and don't baby it by any means. And the powder coated aluminum finish barely shows a couple scratches (hardly even visible), and looks virtually new, almost like the day I bought it. Something I've been extremely impressed with.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    button layout is retarded
    no thank you

/me hugs his evita even closer
    Man, I think it is gorgeous. I loved the one x when it came out but the one takes the cake. Especially that all black one. Sexy.

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda app-developers app
    I actually like the looks of the One. Its more square than the OneX. The camera is recessed instead of sticking out like a nipple. All hardware components have been giving a significant bump (unlike the differences between the OneX and the OneX+). I like the looks of the white/silver version but the black looks nice too. It seems HTC strayed away from the polycarbonite backing.

Ill be getting One... :D

Edit: I also like the flip case and the kickstand case that HTC are rolling out with it.
    Off contract? I would guess $600. $500 or less and I'd be tempted.

From the carriers hopefully it hits the $200 price point.

-Sugardaddy Duncan

Rofl. I'd usually agree except that I'd probably find an excuse to put it on my credit card. "hey honey, got you a new purse and some chocolate! Got myself a new phone too! *runs away"