[Q] RCA 7" Android Tablet 4.1.1 root/rom/forum?

Search This thread

juicer52

Oct 2, 2013
I bought an RCA 7" tablet as a manager's substitute for a Xelio which was out of stock at WalMart. Hey, $39 seems like a pretty good deal.
However, there is no mention of this device ANYWHERE, not on the WalMart website... apparently, not even the great Oracle Google has heard of this device. There are some obscure references to google play support. It is NOT the new RCA TV Tablet or the stereo one.
From the device:
1GHz processor
built in 4GB memory
WiFi b/g/n
Google Play Store
0.3 mp forward facing camera (woo hoo)
micro sd support up to 32G
Model number RCT6077W2
Android version 4.1.1 Jellybean
Kernel version 3.0.36+
EM2928-789A@VOIM#129
Build number RCT6077W2-Android4.1.1-v1.0.1
I would love to figure out what else is hiding under the hood on this device.
Need help unlocking/tweaking. Not sure if I'm in the correct forum.
I AM A NOOB! First step is admission...

Reactions: 123juhzgh

Trozzul

Jun 21, 2012
Seattle
I bought an RCA 7" tablet as a manager's substitute for a Xelio which was out of stock at WalMart. Hey, $39 seems like a pretty good deal.
However, there is no mention of this device ANYWHERE, not on the WalMart website... apparently, not even the great Oracle Google has heard of this device. There are some obscure references to google play support. It is NOT the new RCA TV Tablet or the stereo one.
From the device:
1GHz processor
built in 4GB memory
WiFi b/g/n
Google Play Store
Model number RCT6077W2
Kernel version 3.0.36+
EM2928-789A@VOIM#129

to find out about a little more under the hood you should take a look at CF Bench it will tell ya its secerts. as for tweaking im 99% sure that nobody will develop things for it. 40 bucks for a tablet has to have terrible specs, the best you can do is try to root it. try this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1886460 good luck mate :)

Reactions: juicer52

juicer52

Oct 2, 2013
OK it's not the Apple of my eye but...

to find out about a little more under the hood you should take a look at CF Bench it will tell ya its secerts. as for tweaking im 99% sure that nobody will develop things for it. 40 bucks for a tablet has to have terrible specs, the best you can do is try to root it. try this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1886460 good luck mate :)
Thanks T'zul. Actually the tablet was $80 but I got it for $39 cuz the discontinued Xelio promised was out of stock when I got to Walmart.
I have not been able to locate drivers BECAUSE the tablet is only being released officially next week so I haven't been able to connect for root only to transfer music/photo files.
Yeah, I know that the specs (I listed them above in first post) are lower end but I thought it would be a good toy to learn on/destroy if I wasn't careful.

Trozzul

Jun 21, 2012
Seattle
Thanks T'zul. Actually the tablet was $80 but I got it for $39 cuz the discontinued Xelio promised was out of stock when I got to Walmart.
I have not been able to locate drivers BECAUSE the tablet is only being released officially next week so I haven't been able to connect for root only to transfer music/photo files.
Yeah, I know that the specs (I listed them above in first post) are lower end but I thought it would be a good toy to learn on/destroy if I wasn't careful.

im sure if you root it you can most likely overclock it and stuff, cheap android tablets like these are always good to start on before you get the big boys that only last a year and then they are outdated. as for the drivers you can try adb and install the android drivers.

kratospawn

Nov 25, 2013
rooting help.

im sure if you root it you can most likely overclock it and stuff, cheap android tablets like these are always good to start on before you get the big boys that only last a year and then they are outdated. as for the drivers you can try adb and install the android drivers.

hi i also need to root my tablet RCT6077W2
l would like to know if you do root your device
sorry for my English.

ashokc

Dec 2, 2013
Microphone on RCA 7" rct6378w2 Issue

Sorry to change the subject a bit but I am in the correct company, since I have the same tablet bought from Walmart last Black Friday $49. I find the microphone performance very bad. A screeching sound (like feedback) and extremetly low volume on recording using voice recorder or Skype (echo test). Has anyone come accross this issue and got a suggested fix? The tablet is not going to be very functional for video conferencing with this issue. I though i would ask the forum before returning it.

Thanks
Ashok

Pears1079

Dec 14, 2013
Need some help ;)

I posted a solution here that may work for you. I used it on my RCA rct6378w2 Tablet.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2518795

I rooted my tablet (same tablet) as you instructed. What are you doing/using to move apps to the SD card? I'm using lucky patcher but it is not giving me the option to move to the SD card. The SD card is mounted. I'm not sure what to do and am getting very frustrated. Thank you in advance for your help :)

Reactions: subtotallegacy

rndmboyz3

Jan 2, 2014
Tampa, Florida
Please provide organized instructions for completely exploiting the RCA tablets

Hi I am new here, I got this tablet for christmas and this forum has helped me so much already, because of you wonderful people I have successfully rooted. However after continuing reading I am a little confused on what exactly to do now, can someone please go over unlocking the bootloader, getting clockworkmod recovery or whatever else I need, flashing cyanogenmod for the RCA tablet and any other steps I might not know of? How can I help and where are we all in completely exploiting the RCA tablets? (RCT6077W2 in specific for me) can I get regular drivers instead of that annoying pdanet? would it be possible to flash other ROM's like AOKP and paranoid android or would those lack in support? what do I have to do w/ the android sdk? what apps, launchers,root apps and exploits do you recommend with this device? how can we overclock and make the best out of this crappy device? any tips,cracks,modifications that make this device better? etc. I know it is a lot of questions but any awnsers and help is really appreciated and It would also be really nice if someone made a nice n00b friendly guide on what to do after rooting.

satsonic3

Jan 7, 2014
Moving apps to external SD card

I rooted my tablet (same tablet) as you instructed. What are you doing/using to move apps to the SD card? I'm using lucky patcher but it is not giving me the option to move to the SD card. The SD card is mounted. I'm not sure what to do and am getting very frustrated. Thank you in advance for your help :)

This absolutely a really good questions. As many people bought the 4 or 8GB versions with plans to expand to external SD card; I hope the moderators / seasoned android pros of this forum can provide a detailed explanation how to accomplish this task. Thanks in advance to all that offer some suggestions / solutions towards the SD card front.

MadMainMala

Apr 19, 2014
My Only Hope.

I thank you for your response, Jeffrie.* But unfortumately, it did not contain any new information for me.* I am beyond a factory reset. Wiping the data and dalvik cache was actually what killed the tablet after I had actually revived it by flashing the RCT6378W2 firmware to the RCT6077W2 tablet. And I only did that because after days of searching, the internet, the RCT6378W2 firmware was the only RCA tablet firmware to be found.* And at first it seemed like it might work, the only obvious issue was the tablet couldn't tell which way was down.* That was doable.* However after a reboot, the wireless functionality stopped completely.* Wireless couldn't even be switched on.* I could send you numerous links to numerous forums where there are several other consumers with the same issue. And as it stands most of those people feel ripped off and very skidish about purchasing any more RCA products.* I am confident, from the way the 8GB tablets firmware helped bring the 4GB one back from the dead,* that the actual RCT6077w2 4GB tablets original firmware ( 1.0.0) would revive several of your tablets as well as the customers satisfaction and faith in your company. And once they were up and connected to the internet, they wouldt be able to update using your OTA server. Word of your companies actually giving a damn and level of support would surely boost sales as well as bring former customers back.

JamesTehWolf

Nov 28, 2014
I know how

I rooted my very own RCT6077W2 (same specs and everything) and got it from Wal-Mart. I know how. Download 4Shared from Play Store, create/login to an account, search up "master root", then click the first one and download it. Install it, then open. I know its in a diff language but click the middle button and then when the screen pops up with the buttons, press the one that is not red. Then again. Once the boxes are away, reboot your device and it is rooted. Congratz, you now have root access.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    From the device:
    1GHz processor
    built in 4GB memory
    WiFi b/g/n
    Google Play Store
    Model number RCT6077W2
    Kernel version 3.0.36+
    EM2928-789A@VOIM#129
    From the device:
    1GHz processor
    built in 4GB memory
    WiFi b/g/n
    Google Play Store
    Model number RCT6077W2
    Kernel version 3.0.36+
    EM2928-789A@VOIM#129

I posted a solution here that may work for you. I used it on my RCA rct6378w2 Tablet.
    Need some help ;)