Galaxy Gear has no sound on calls from Galaxy Note

Search This thread

emuandco

Hi,
I have a problem with my Galaxy Gear. Everything works fine now with Gear manager 1.6.132701, even Notification over ATN Manager. Buuut Phone calls don't output any Sound... I have Omni ROM on my Note and installed the Gear manager as told in several threads in here. Manually installed all APKs inside the GearManager APK, installed the GearManager stub inside /system/app. As I said, all works fine, it even shows the output over bluetooth in the Note's call app. But nothing can be heard. Any idea?

EDIT: Additionally the original settings app is not there anymore. Is this a known fact? Seems like the sound settings over the full one are not very reliable...

Last edited:

hurdlejade

Sep 29, 2012
Hi,
I have a problem with my Galaxy Gear. Everything works fine now with Gear manager 1.6.132701, even Notification over ATN Manager. Buuut Phone calls don't output any Sound... I have Omni ROM on my Note and installed the Gear manager as told in several threads in here. Manually installed all APKs inside the GearManager APK, installed the GearManager stub inside /system/app. As I said, all works fine, it even shows the output over bluetooth in the Note's call app. But nothing can be heard. Any idea?

EDIT: Additionally the original settings app is not there anymore. Is this a known fact? Seems like the sound settings over the full one are not very reliable...

try double tap with 2 fingers on home screen, maybe your volume is down.

emuandco

Good to know where volume settings are hidden, but nope. According to others the microphone does not work too...

EDIT: Bluetooth works in another headset device. Just tested it.
EDIT2: OK, reset of the phone, tried CM11, too. No dice. Seems to be a hardware problem...

Last edited: