Need help - Stuck on static red logo

Search This thread

harroxelas

Mar 17, 2013
Hi all,

I was browsing the web on dolphin browser and my XT890 simply froze. After 5 minutes, I held the power button + volume down + volume up and the phone rebooted, but it got stuck on the red M static logo. Had to open the phone and disconnect the battery connector from the PCB so I could turn it off. Here are the facts:

1) Stock rom, 4.1.2 JB;
2) Can't get into fastboot menu;
3) With the phone turned off, after connecting the battery charger I can see the battery charging screen.

Because of 3) above, I don't think the phone is dead. Can any of you guys help me?

Thanks in advance.

harroxelas

Mar 17, 2013
Update:

Managed to get into fastboot. Did a wipe data / factory reset but after rebooting, it still got stuck on the static red logo.

Will flashing the stock rom again with RSD do the trick?

Thanks in advance

Hazou

Feb 5, 2012
If u have access to the recovery, than a full flash with rsd lite will help (almost always) Do use the latest version of your firmware if JB has been installed on your phone. When JB hasn't been installed on your device, than any firmware can be flashed.

harroxelas

Mar 17, 2013
If u have access to the recovery, than a full flash with rsd lite will help (almost always) Do use the latest version of your firmware if JB has been installed on your phone. When JB hasn't been installed on your device, than any firmware can be flashed.

Thanks, mate. Flashing worked.

I just noticed that the SD card does not work anymore, probably that's what caused the crash in the first place. Replaced the SD card and it's working ok for now.

Cheers.

NickAJ

Dec 23, 2010
Hi,

I've exactly the same problem. Went to shut down the phone and it hung. Power and vol down to reset and the static red logo. I can get into fast boot and even android recovery but factory reset and full data wipe have no effect.

Could I flash a rom from android recovery? If so which one (phone was updated to JB a year or so ago). Otherwise do I need to use RSD lite when I get to a PC?

Is the internal sd card a standard micro SD card?

Many thanks,

Nick