WHAT IS THIS CRAP!? (Virus Warning Adware in MX Player)

Search This thread

a-raccoon

Jan 11, 2013
Excuse me.

oMVTGDN.jpg

No.

a-raccoon

Jan 11, 2013
Where can I download a version of MX Player that has the scareware virus warnings removed from it? I don't need my software telling me my photos are going to be deleted if I don't download a malware infested antivirus scanner.

Last edited:

Thirumalai.K

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
When it shows such warning, collect log using mx log collector or from help menu and report here. It will blacklisted.

It will better if you can target url too.

bleu8888

Mar 24, 2011
Where can I download a version of MX Player that has the scareware virus warnings removed from it? I don't need my software telling me my photos are going to be deleted if I don't download a malware infested antivirus scanner.
Are you sure this message is from MX?
Actually any app can pops up such message running in background.
Anyway, I will ask my ad provider.
Thanks

a-raccoon

Jan 11, 2013
Are you sure this message is from MX?
Actually any app can pops up such message running in background.
Anyway, I will ask my ad provider.
Thanks

I didn't have any other apps running as you can see from the notification bar. Just File Manager HD which launched MX Player. I really don't have much installed on this tablet. Also, it's pretty obvious the ads are coming from Yahoo. Are you using Yahoo Ads? :eek:

Sorry, I was unaware of the debug feature. I'll do that if it should happen again.

Last edited:

bleu8888

Mar 24, 2011
I didn't have any other apps running as you can see from the notification bar. Just File Manager HD which launched MX Player. I really don't have much installed on this tablet. Also, it's pretty obvious the ads are coming from Yahoo. Are you using Yahoo Ads? :eek:

Sorry, I was unaware of the debug feature. I'll do that if it should happen again.

Not actually. Yahoo is just one of ad agency.
Anyway, I blocked all ads from yahoo. Please let me know if you see this ad again.

Thank you.

a-raccoon

Jan 11, 2013
Anyway, I blocked all ads from yahoo. Please let me know if you see this ad again.

Thank you.

Thanks. Oh yeah, if I failed to mention... the alert() only appeared when I hit the pause button. It appeared the same time the banner ad appeared, so that script might have piggy backed with the banner?

I don't imagine File Manger HD's ads are responsive to pressing pause in MX Player.

Thirumalai.K

Sep 14, 2011
Thanks. Oh yeah, if I failed to mention... the alert() only appeared when I hit the pause button. It appeared the same time the banner ad appeared, so that script might have piggy backed with the banner?

I don't imagine File Manger HD's ads are responsive to pressing pause in MX Player.

I have just seen your screenshot.

MX Player only uses banner ads. I don't think the script makes the problem. Some other apps triggering the pop up when its leave full screen mode.

Go to the setting >> Player >> Screen and change the full screen mode to ON instead of Auto switch.

In this way MX Player will be on the top. So, other apps can't trigger the pop ups.

bleu8888

Mar 24, 2011
I have just seen your screenshot.

MX Player only uses banner ads. I don't think the script makes the problem. Some other apps triggering the pop up when its leave full screen mode.

Go to the setting >> Player >> Screen and change the full screen mode to ON instead of Auto switch.

In this way MX Player will be on the top. So, other apps can't trigger the pop ups.

KTSamy, I think this is from the banner because this message looks like from javascript as the title said.
banner is actually a webpage and javascript can do it.

Thirumalai.K

Sep 14, 2011
KTSamy, I think this is from the banner because this message looks like from javascript as the title said.

Yes. You are right. The pop up triggered by java script. I have faced similar issue long ago & it was by the some other app which was running in background.

I just wanted to ensure that whether it's from MX or other apps. If the alert is triggered even in full screen mode, then definitely it will be from MX Player banner ad...:):):)

CDB-Man

May 29, 2013
This is ridiculous, javascript bypass popup ads! What will they think of next? o_O

a-raccoon

Jan 11, 2013

bleu8888: Would it be possible for MX Player to display graphic-only ads that are script safe? Perhaps parsing out the static image and removing potentially harmful or personally identifying javascripts and cookies? Or would your ad agency be unable to track usage?

Last edited:

bleu8888

Mar 24, 2011
bleu8888: Would it be possible for MX Player to display graphic-only ads that are script safe? Perhaps parsing out the static image and removing potentially harmful or personally identifying javascripts and cookies? Or would your ad agency be unable to track usage?
Actually javascript cannot access any personal information because MX Player does not have such permission and javascript cannot run outside MX Player. What they can do is just displaying such scam message.
BTW, My ad agency is actually working on blocking javascript from banners.

Thanks.

JoeTF

Aug 20, 2011
Actually javascript cannot access any personal information because MX Player does not have such permission and javascript cannot run outside MX Player. What they can do is just displaying such scam message.

Thanks.

FYI,
this ad was a reason I decided not to buy your software (I was about to do that, since it's pretty great player and I wanted to support you) and instead just installed an ad-block.
Thank your awesome ad agency. This crap somehow didn't happen with other ad-backed apps.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks.
    @Aashuk Mehta Would you tell me target url of this ads? And then I will block this ad immediately.

---------- Edit -----------
    This advertisement is blocked. Please let me know if you see this ad again.
    Thanks for reporting.

Thank you.
    952ce6b6491c6a43a31584799bc5df6b.jpg

What crap is this