Need help with 2 things, sound problems & SD card having issues.

Search This thread

vagabond007

Aug 27, 2014
/Android/data
Im using the SPH - L710 GS3 on Tribute ROM.
My first problem is with my music/sound.
When the music is playing, there is like a crackling sound that comes out with the music, it sounds like crap.
It only happens when I have my phone plugged into an audio output jack, like for my car or stereo, when its not plugged into anything it sounds fine.
But it does it for any sound coming out of the phone when plugged into the audio jack, like youtube, or the stock music player, or watching movies online.

Searched around the forum and google, and found stuff about sound problems but nothing like the issue Im having.
Is there maybe another ROM I can try or Kernel I can flash to fix this? Or any other solution?

My next problem is my SD card.
When I go to flash a new ROM or Kernel or anything and put the .zip file on my external SD card, when I go to select the .zip on the recovery menu, the files I just put on my SD card are not there. I can see my music and other stuff , but never the files I just added. So I have been having to place everything I want to flash in my Android/obb folder just so I can flash stuff. Its a pain in my butt. I used SDFixer for my SD card if that makes any difference.

Thanks for any help!

Ainz_Ooal_Gown

When the music is playing, there is like a crackling sound that comes out with the music, it sounds like crap.
It only happens when I have my phone plugged into an audio output jack, like for my car or stereo, when its not plugged into anything it sounds fine.
But it does it for any sound coming out of the phone when plugged into the audio jack, like youtube, or the stock music player, or watching movies online.

Searched around the forum and google, and found stuff about sound problems but nothing like the issue Im having.
Is there maybe another ROM I can try or Kernel I can flash to fix this? Or any other solution?

When I go to flash a new ROM or Kernel or anything and put the .zip file on my external SD card, when I go to select the .zip on the recovery menu, the files I just put on my SD card are not there. I can see my music and other stuff , but never the files I just added. So I have been having to place everything I want to flash in my Android/obb folder just so I can flash stuff. Its a pain in my butt. I used SDFixer for my SD card if that makes any difference.

Thanks for any help!

for the SD card it might have made a difference i personally just put my zip files on the Internal/external SD but not in a sub folder ie. Downloads i just put it on the "root" of my SD card and Philz Recovery reads it just fine what recovery are you using?

Reactions: vagabond007

vagabond007

Aug 27, 2014
/Android/data
for the SD card it might have made a difference i personally just put my zip files on the Internal/external SD but not in a sub folder ie. Downloads i just put it on the "root" of my SD card and Philz Recovery reads it just fine what recovery are you using?

Yep, that fixed my SD card issue, just place it in the root of the SD card and it worked fine.

jbnorton0524

Feb 8, 2014
Yep, that fixed my SD card issue, just place it in the root of the SD card and it worked fine.
On your audio are you using venom fx or dsp equalizer to enhance sound. They both have seperate settings for headphones/jack and speaker. Look in your apps and see if you have either audio enhancer and if you do play with the settings under headset.

Reactions: vagabond007

Ainz_Ooal_Gown

On your audio are you using venom fx or dsp equalizer to enhance sound. They both have seperate settings for headphones/jack and speaker. Look in your apps and see if you have either audio enhancer and if you do play with the settings under headset.

what's venom fx? and also he could install Viper4Andriod and mess with settings there too

jbnorton0524

Feb 8, 2014
There isnt one called venom.

Sorry i was half asleep i meant Viper
If you dont have viper4androidFX, download it and mess with the settings under headset. That should help tremendously.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Is this always with the same cable plugged into the headphone jack? If so try another cable.

You should try the totally stock ND8 ROM. If you still have sound issues then, then it's either the cable, speakers (unless it happens with different speakers), or hardware - the phone or headphone jack itself that's the problem.

Recovery FLASHABLE version now posted near the bottom of the first post of the 3Minit Battery Mod for Conquest-Singularity and both Stock ND8 and NDC with 1000+ animated battery icons..

[BATTERY] Plasma Battery! ??? & wickeddecimalbarwide_colors

Charging still shot
senygy6y.jpg

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Conquest: Singularity v7.0, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.

jbnorton0524

Feb 8, 2014
Is this always with the same cable plugged into the headphone jack? If so try another cable.

You should try the totally stock ND8 ROM. If you still have sound issues then, then it's either the cable, speakers (unless it happens with different speakers), or hardware - the phone or headphone jack itself that's the problem.

Recovery FLASHABLE version now posted near the bottom of the first post of the 3Minit Battery Mod for Conquest-Singularity and both Stock ND8 and NDC with 1000+ animated battery icons..

[BATTERY] Plasma Battery! ??? & wickeddecimalbarwide_colors

Charging still shot
senygy6y.jpg

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Conquest: Singularity v7.0, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.

I second thst. If viper4android doesnt help look to his post for help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

what's venom fx? and also he could install Viper4Andriod and mess with settings there too

Thanks for any help!