[Baseband/Radio] XXKK6 img [GSM]

Search This thread

dew.man

Nov 26, 2006
White Lake
New radio appears to be working well. While very inconclusive, my upstream data speeds appear to have increased significantly after this flash...

Thanks!

fakker

Nov 15, 2006
Hitchin
Could some body please give a feedback on WiFi signal quality? is it batter then before?

Cheers

My Wifi at home was pretty **** - but data has always been pretty fast.
On 50Mbit Virgin Media, before my downstream was only going around 30Mbit over wifi on the GN; now it's pushing on 45Mbit... so closer to my real speed on a wired device.

Data didn't really change for me, still roughly the same speed - call quality has however improved a tad? or that's just a placebo effect :D

imth

Apr 1, 2005
don't worry. I tested 2 phones in about 10 days. First one on XXIK1, another on XXIK6 and XXIK6 /ALWAYS/ better so I decided to upload it.

The Gingerbread Man

Sep 4, 2010
Gloucester
unzip and rename the img to radio.img put under the same folder as fastboot

do
fastboot-windows flash radio radio.img

Sorry can i ask for a little help with this. I have adb set up on my pc but am very very noobish in how it works.

I Downloaded the zip, extracted and renamed it to radio.img

I put it in c/program files/android/android sdk/platform tools in this folder i see a fast boot.

Connected phone to pc through USB and in fastboot mode.

I tried the command fastboot-windows flash radio radio.img and cmd box returns as its not recognised as internal or external command. I know im missing something here like changing the directory or something but could do with a hand if its not too much trouble...

Last edited:

Tung_meister

My Wifi at home was pretty **** - but data has always been pretty fast.
On 50Mbit Virgin Media, before my downstream was only going around 30Mbit over wifi on the GN; now it's pushing on 45Mbit... so closer to my real speed on a wired device.

Data didn't really change for me, still roughly the same speed - call quality has however improved a tad? or that's just a placebo effect :D

What router are you using, is it the standard one that came from virgin? I'm getting really poor speeds from mine so I'm just wondering.

jkoljo

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 18, 2009
Tampere
The new radio indeed works much better, I live in an area of poor reception, so thank you very much for this new baseband! :)

My signal quality went from 2-3 bars to 3-4 bars, usually almost constant 4 bars :eek:

The data connection is noticeably faster.

Reactions: imth

matt2053

Dec 17, 2010
Clearwater, FL
Sorry can i ask for a little help with this. I have adb set up on my pc but am very very noobish in how it works.

I put it in c/program files/android/android sdk/platform tools in this folder i see a fast boot.

I tried the command fastboot-windows flash radio radio.img and cmd box returns as its not recognised as internal or external command. I know im missing something here like changing the directory or something but could do with a hand if its not too much trouble...

cd c:\path\to\folder
fastboot flash radio radio.img

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    better network, better wifi, and better battery.
    flashboot required.
    For those who prefer a flashable ZIP through CWM, I just made this up. I always prefer doing that as I may flash any baseband whenever I want, no need to have a PC to flash it.

Hope you enjoy it, I personally didn't really find any improvement yet, but it's too early for me to judge already.
    unzip and rename the img to radio.img put under the same folder as fastboot

do
    fastboot-windows flash radio radio.img

cd c:\path\to\folder
    fastboot flash radio radio.img

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App
    *cough* self plug *cough*

I've heard that ADB Gui works very well at flashing Radios :D (look in my sig)