(Q) Unable to flash custom rom via CWM

Search This thread

Trek55

Feb 4, 2006
Jakarta
Hi first time I am having a problem of not able to flash custom rom via recovery CWM, here's the problem, I am using Philz recovery whenever I flash zip, the process of flashing went ok, but when all done flashing I press Reboot System Now, recovery takes me to screen that give me a message Root Access is Missing - Root device, then YES -- Root Device (/system/xbin/su) I click YES..then reboot when to Samsung GS4 splash screen then just black afterward instead of seeing boot animation..and after 1 minute when back to recovery..that's it..I know I already double check that I have root access also using root checker everything is ok, I even flash stock firmware through odin no problem and re-root but still doesn't help..do you think I have a problem in /system/xbin/su folder..please help how to fix this..thank you soo much..

HS™

Apr 28, 2012
Bangalore
Hi first time I am having a problem of not able to flash custom rom via recovery CWM, here's the problem, I am using Philz recovery whenever I flash zip, the process of flashing went ok, but when all done flashing I press Reboot System Now, recovery takes me to screen that give me a message Root Access is Missing - Root device, then YES -- Root Device (/system/xbin/su) I click YES..then reboot when to Samsung GS4 splash screen then just black afterward instead of seeing boot animation..and after 1 minute when back to recovery..that's it..I know I already double check that I have root access also using root checker everything is ok, I even flash stock firmware through odin no problem and re-root but still doesn't help..do you think I have a problem in /system/xbin/su folder..please help how to fix this..thank you soo much..

Which root method u are using

If possble use CF ROOT

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda premium

HS™

Apr 28, 2012
Bangalore
I am using CF Root .. I never seen a problem like this ever since my S3

Well it's a rare case but if possible put stock again reset the device from inside and do cf root and philz recovery all be well
There must be some bad system file or app causing this

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda premium

Last edited:

Trek55

Feb 4, 2006
Jakarta
solved**

Ok..I format my internal memory..then flash rom seems to be working for the first time, but then when I try to flash different custom rom..have the same problem again..hemm confused...

Last edited:

Repulsa

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 3, 2010
Your Mom's crib

Hi there mate , If you already have root or any recovery suddenly ask you "You want too change/install root/recovery" you choose no :) cuz u dont wanna loose ur root after.

umesh7654

May 12, 2014
same problem in galaxy grand

Bro! I am currently on cm11 on i9082

I flashed it using cwm 6.0.4.5
Now I want to flash another custom ROM.
When installing custom ROM I press at "reboot system now"
It shows error:

"root access missing,root device?"
No...
Yes(root device)...

When I press any one of above then device get stucked at start screen.

The root checker app shows...

You device has root access...etc

Please solve the issue...