[Q] Viper4Android & jetAudio

Search This thread

xCJ999

Mar 27, 2014
Hey guys,

just rooted my z1c with the completely awesome and easy new rooting method and installed V4A. Love it but it seems to be not working with the newest jetaudio player. Tried searching the xda forums but kinda got overwhelmed by the results and wasn't skilled enough to narrow down the search enough to get any useful results. I guess i have some settings enabled in jetaudio i shouldn't have. Tried all i could find but there seems to be no change...
Do you guys have any ideas why that could be?

Would love to hear from you,
regards
Clemens

mindyabiznis

Oct 16, 2011
Hey guys,

just rooted my z1c with the completely awesome and easy new rooting method and installed V4A. Love it but it seems to be not working with the newest jetaudio player. Tried searching the xda forums but kinda got overwhelmed by the results and wasn't skilled enough to narrow down the search enough to get any useful results. I guess i have some settings enabled in jetaudio i shouldn't have. Tried all i could find but there seems to be no change...
Do you guys have any ideas why that could be?

Would love to hear from you,
regards
Clemens

im not 100% mate but i think that V4A is only compatible with the standard walkman player and not others.

if you want awesome sound and to use it on other players ... (i like n7player :good: ) try the ac!d audio mod, it works with all players as it mods your core audio lib files etc :highfive:

xCJ999

Mar 27, 2014
im not 100% mate but i think that V4A is only compatible with the standard walkman player and not others.

if you want awesome sound and to use it on other players ... (i like n7player :good: ) try the ac!d audio mod, it works with all players as it mods your core audio lib files etc :highfive:

hey man, thanks for the quick reply :highfive: I definitly can say v4a works well with n7, i'm just not 100% sold on the player yet. Guess i just got used to jetaudio ;)
Will definitly give ac!d a try. Have you ever tried v4a ... pretty amazing what it can do especially if you have some nice IRS samples. Maybe i just need to buy the n7 and get used to it :D

btw. any custom rom you particularly like? Now that i have backed up my drm keys the floodgates of rom hell are open for me ;)

mindyabiznis

Oct 16, 2011
hey man, thanks for the quick reply :highfive: I definitly can say v4a works well with n7, i'm just not 100% sold on the player yet. Guess i just got used to jetaudio ;)
Will definitly give ac!d a try. Have you ever tried v4a ... pretty amazing what it can do especially if you have some nice IRS samples. Maybe i just need to buy the n7 and get used to it :D

btw. any custom rom you particularly like? Now that i have backed up my drm keys the floodgates of rom hell are open for me ;)

No problem mate glad I could help, I was just going on my last phone Xperia M - the V4A port of that only works with the Walkman player, well as I understand that's what was described in the thread, I didn't actually flash it.

I've used the ac!d mod for a few years since i had my Ray... it was awesome on that, made a huge difference in quality, I had it flashed on my M and it was worth it, not quite as good as on the Ray but think the M lacks quite a bit on sound quality and volume through the headphone port :(

To answer your question about a ROM I only got my z1c yesterday and I've flashed KitSlim and DoomKernel as like to stick with the stock/modified stock look on any of my ROMs with all the tweaks and performance gains. So far its really good I like it, but then I'm used to using a mid-range good value phone that's modded to f**k to make it as good as (or as close to as I can get) a flagship... (software wise anyway, my Ray was great for ports and mods)

With DoomKernel you get FauxSound support which is amazing (apart from the random FC's that I need to ask about) for pre-amping your headphones as much as you like without ANY distortion :fingers-crossed:

The only thing now is that I actually have a flagship device lol - so nothing needs porting and I've pretty much got all the performance I need because the phones an absolute powerhouse :victory:

Depends on how much customisation you want really - your not gonna beat modified stock for performance and battery life BUT if you want all the customisations and bells and whistles then try the CM based ROMS:good:

xCJ999

Mar 27, 2014
yeah, its crazy how the output power for headphones varies from phone to phone. The Z1C is one of the better ones in my oppionion. I'm not a big fan of preamping from the phone cause to my ears it always messes up the sound ... so i'm curious about doomlords kernel...

Really good to hear your view on the whole rom thing. I guess it's 3 things that count for me ... sound quality, battery life and privacy/security ... I'm still not clear how secure it is to use a rooted phone( needed for V4A) with supersu but ... what the heck ;)

So I guess I'll stay on the stock rom for now and maybe l'll look into doomlords kernel as well ... I kinda really want to have dt2w but it looks like its not happening for now ;)

thanks for your extensive response :good:

mindyabiznis

Oct 16, 2011
yeah, its crazy how the output power for headphones varies from phone to phone. The Z1C is one of the better ones in my oppionion. I'm not a big fan of preamping from the phone cause to my ears it always messes up the sound ... so i'm curious about doomlords kernel...

Really good to hear your view on the whole rom thing. I guess it's 3 things that count for me ... sound quality, battery life and privacy/security ... I'm still not clear how secure it is to use a rooted phone( needed for V4A) with supersu but ... what the heck ;)

So I guess I'll stay on the stock rom for now and maybe l'll look into doomlords kernel as well ... I kinda really want to have dt2w but it looks like its not happening for now ;)

thanks for your extensive response :good:

Yeah i totally understand what you mean about the pre-amping.. on the M if i pre-amped above 4/5Db (in n7player) its caused horrible distortion and did mess up the sound but on the z1c its genuinely fantastic.

I wouldn't worry about security of your phone, especially if you've got root and/or a custom ROM as any of the fixes needed to protect "security risks" are usually already implemented, if not included as mods/tweaks in the ROM then just because you're pretty much fully up to date on software.

If your looking at sound quality and battery life mate i seriously recommend KitSlim and the DoomKernel, I've just had 2days 14hours 53mins battery life (put it on charge at 5% remaining) i used it for music (n7player) for about 3-4 hours each day, regular phone usage, installing a few apps and the odd photo/video to test out the new camera (must say I'm impressed, people moaning about poor quality low light photos - get a REAL camera then... its a mobile phone!!) AND I've had the brightness on 100% the whole time :D

So yeah pretty pleased with my first choice of ROM on this phone, plus the maker of it is uploading a new one i think today or this week :victory:

Last edited:

xCJ999

Mar 27, 2014
Yeah i totally understand what you mean about the pre-amping.. on the M if i pre-amped above 4/5Db (in n7player) its caused horrible distortion and did mess up the sound but on the z1c its genuinely fantastic.

I wouldn't worry about security of your phone, especially if you've got root and/or a custom ROM as any of the fixes needed to protect "security risks" are usually already implemented, if not included as mods/tweaks in the ROM then just because you're pretty much fully up to date on software.

If your looking at sound quality and battery life mate i seriously recommend KitSlim and the DoomKernel, I've just had 2days 14hours 53mins battery life (put it on charge at 5% remaining) i used it for music (n7player) for about 3-4 hours each day, regular phone usage, installing a few apps and the odd photo/video to test out the new camera (must say I'm impressed, people moaning about poor quality low light photos - get a REAL camera then... its a mobile phone!!) AND I've had the brightness on 100% the whole time :D

So yeah pretty pleased with my first choice of ROM on this phone, plus the maker of it is uploading a new one i think today or this week :victory:

Sorry it took me so long to reply, have been busy .
I installed Kitslim and love it!!! battery performance is stellar and it works flawlessly. Really a pitty I'm not allowed to post a thread in developers section yet, cause I wanted to let the devs/guys who ported it know how much I love their rom. Can't wait for evo 6. anyway... I definitly want to try out doomlords kernel, but am a bit hesitant about unlocking the bootloader. Did a TA Backup but still a bit frightened about bricking my phone/needing the keys for warrenty and something going wrong when restoring them ;)
Guess I'll just wait if he will manage to incorporate dt2w ... having that would be worth the risk. Btw. do you know why omarainea isn't porting the newer kernel version? I wonder how much work it is porting a kernel and if i could learn it ... might be a bit sophomoric though ;)

mindyabiznis

Oct 16, 2011
Sorry it took me so long to reply, have been busy .
I installed Kitslim and love it!!! battery performance is stellar and it works flawlessly. Really a pitty I'm not allowed to post a thread in developers section yet, cause I wanted to let the devs/guys who ported it know how much I love their rom. Can't wait for evo 6. anyway... I definitly want to try out doomlords kernel, but am a bit hesitant about unlocking the bootloader. Did a TA Backup but still a bit frightened about bricking my phone/needing the keys for warrenty and something going wrong when restoring them ;)
Guess I'll just wait if he will manage to incorporate dt2w ... having that would be worth the risk. Btw. do you know why omarainea isn't porting the newer kernel version? I wonder how much work it is porting a kernel and if i could learn it ... might be a bit sophomoric though ;)

Hey... sorry i didnt notice you had responded hence me not replying lol :silly:

You don't need to be allowed to post in the developers section mate you can just post in their thread saying thanks and that you like the ROM and/or request any specific mods or tweaks you might like.

DoomKernel did have dt2w but he took it out because apparently it causes unnecessary battery drain.

With regards to the unlocking of your bootloader its ABSOLUTELY fine mate Sony support it and you have to use their website to get you bootloader unlocking code anyway, plus restoring the TA is a piece of p!ss seriously.

The performance gains and general pro's to be had from a custom kernel faaaaar outweigh the risks posed when unlocking your bootloader and flashing a new kernel trust me :highfive:

Zer0b1ade

Aug 3, 2011
westminster
v4a will not work when jet audios hra playback is enabled. it used to work but some roms with dolby and such have some hdcp written into them so it will disable v4a in certain cases.

my rom is the same btw i cant find a fix either. rmember to resart jet audio when you click the hra on or off.

and i just noticed how old this post was. lol