Thinking of returning the 10.5 Tab S or keep it.

Search This thread

SysAdmNj

Jun 29, 2010
For some reason I was wondering if getting the surface pro 3 with a keyboard would be a better choice or even the macbook air 11 inch. I guess I sort of miss having a laptop but then again I really like this tablet. What to do, I already traded in my only other tablet the nexus 7 first gen :D
I do use chromecast with my tablet. Just wondering if anyone else had similar thoughts.

Itchiee

Sep 30, 2007
Somewhere Else
Ultimately that's up to you but you can go with the Samsung or Logitech keyboard if needed, boom.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

SysAdmNj

Jun 29, 2010
If money is no object and you are looking for your primary computing device get the SP3. No contest.

Well even the sp3 is still not a laptop and you have to purchase the extra keyboard for $150 I believe. Its basically a windows 8 tablet which I'm not so crazy about. Probably wont get the same battery life as the galaxy tab s, and wont play my avia player for my chromecast. I may hold on to the tab S after all, its pretty good for the type of pdf reading I do.

Ultimately that's up to you but you can go with the Samsung or Logitech keyboard if needed, boom.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

This is true, probably just as expensive as the extra MS keyboard you would need for the SP3.

HughesNet

Apr 3, 2013
Well even the sp3 is still not a laptop and you have to purchase the extra keyboard for $150 I believe. Its basically a windows 8 tablet which I'm not so crazy about. Probably wont get the same battery life as the galaxy tab s, and wont play my avia player for my chromecast. I may hold on to the tab S after all, its pretty good for the type of pdf reading I do.

This is true, probably just as expensive as the extra MS keyboard you would need for the SP3.

You could use any keyboard with it. A $10 usb keyboard, a $50 bluetooth keyboard, or the keyboard cover. The Keyboard cover is not your only choice. That said, a laptop (or surface) and an android tablet are not really the same sort of device and I am not sure why it has to be a one or the other thing unless you don't REALLY have a need for a laptop. Because if a tablet is being considered as a viable alternative then it has to be said that you don't really need a device like the SP3.

You could also use any keyboard with your Samsung tablet. A usb keyboard or a bluetooth keyboard. Just no PS/2 keyboard.

Personally, I have both the 10.5 Tab S (returned my 8.4 today) and a SP3. I only take out the SP3 when I really need to.

mi7chy

Oct 26, 2008
I own a SP3. If you need x86 software compatibility then go SP3 plus you can use BlueStacks to run Android apps, if not Tab S but if you can afford it get SP3 and Tab S 8.4 for the best of both worlds.

mitchellvii

Jul 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
www.executivedecision.biz
Because my business has such a large legacy investment in the Windows ecosystem I could never use an Android device as my primary computer. I also need a minimum of 15 inches real estate to run my database and side by side word documents. Because of this an Android tablet will always be an accessory (read toy). However if your needs are different the Tab S could be plenty.