What is Radio ROM? Extended ROM?

Search This thread

hanmin

Retired Moderator
Jan 21, 2006
Devon, UK
I've noticed that there are a lot of people wanted to upgrade the 'radio ROM' for some reason.

I'm just wondering, what is a Radio ROM?

And, as far as I understand about Extended ROM, it is for the network provider to add in their customed software/icon/logo (and application goodies) into the system, right? So, how about the irritating splash screen? That's in Ext ROM?

Sorry to create a new topic for this but I don't want to disturb the readily busy sites on topic how to upgrade radio rom on their respective devices.

Reactions: madusanka779

heliosfa

Dec 29, 2005
Aylesbury
www.lanarchy.co.uk
Forum searches are wonderfull things....

Basically, the radio rom is the firmware that runs the phone, wireless and blutooth portions of the phone. Newer versions are likly to improve performance or fix bugs.

The extended rom does include operator customisations, and other programs to be installed when a hard reset occurs.

Reactions: El_Dark

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've noticed that there are a lot of people wanted to upgrade the 'radio ROM' for some reason.

I'm just wondering, what is a Radio ROM?

And, as far as I understand about Extended ROM, it is for the network provider to add in their customed software/icon/logo (and application goodies) into the system, right? So, how about the irritating splash screen? That's in Ext ROM?

Sorry to create a new topic for this but I don't want to disturb the readily busy sites on topic how to upgrade radio rom on their respective devices.
    Forum searches are wonderfull things....

Basically, the radio rom is the firmware that runs the phone, wireless and blutooth portions of the phone. Newer versions are likly to improve performance or fix bugs.

The extended rom does include operator customisations, and other programs to be installed when a hard reset occurs.