4.04 Verizon OTA 5/22

Search This thread

@rbiter

Dec 4, 2011
The Koreans can't make a decent radio. I wish I kept the RAZR MAXX.

I'm korean. You can't make decent posts.

That's like telling a guy whose been dating a girl for 6 months just be patient even though he STILL hasn't gotten any nookie. I'm thinking most people don't have that kind of patience and frankly neither should we.

That metaphor really does not make any sense. It kind of says i wish verizon was nasty and would just you know what all up in my phone. :what: NOW!

adrynalyne

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 13, 2008
I'm thinking most people don't have that kind of patience and frankly neither should we.

This is how the Android world works and is not specific to any model or carrier. I don't see how you will get around not being patient unless you move to an iPhone.

boe

Dec 4, 2006
Los Angeles
That metaphor really does not make any sense. It kind of says i wish verizon was nasty and would just you know what all up in my phone. :what: NOW!

It would make sense if English was your first language - it appears to be Korean, then Ebonics, then English...

JK - I guess I'm too old to decipher what you are trying to say.

billykxda

Mar 19, 2012
As reported on another forum, VZW has confirmed that the roll-out started on 5/30, "in small batches", and will take the next few weeks to fully roll-out.

As of June 9th (10 days after release) users can pull it from VZW manually by checking for updates from the GNex.

efrant

Retired Senior Moderator & Developers Relations
Feb 12, 2009
Montreal
Samsung Galaxy S20
As reported on another forum, VZW has confirmed that the roll-out started on 5/30, "in small batches", and will take the next few weeks to fully roll-out.

As of June 9th (10 days after release) users can pull it from VZW manually by checking for updates from the GNex.

Hopefully that will also mean that those on IMM30B could check-for/receive their update after that date as well.

Lucky Armpit

Aug 16, 2011
USA, Garner, NC
I'm in Rocky Mount and it's really intermittent for me. I went a couple of weeks recently without any problems - even making a few lengthy phone calls - and then it happened in rapid succession over the last few days. It's strange. I thought it had something to do with the tower I was connected to because I live about two miles from work, and even less than that as the crow flies. That means I make 98% of my phone calls while connected to the same tower. But I was in Raleigh a month ago which is a strong 4G market and I had it happen then, so that shoots that theory in the foot.

If the 10-day rollout thing is true, I'll stop spamming the "Check now" button. :) The update will get here when it gets here. I will, however, call Verizon tech support and gently remind them they WILL be putting me into a different device should this update not fix the one-way audio issue for me.

ATnTdude

Feb 19, 2008
Chicago, IL USA
But I was in Raleigh a month ago which is a strong 4G market and I had it happen then, so that shoots that theory in the foot.

2 Points:
1) LTE has nothing to do with voice.
2) Virginia may have been built out with the same equipment as your local area, which is why you have issues in both areas. We don't know where Verizon installed what. It is likely a patchwork of different vendors across the country. It is unlikely that they would mix two vendors in one city, there would be a clean cutoff between providers.

In short, you have given us a little information, but not nearly enough to decide the issue one way or another.

[/COLOR]
Hopefully that will also mean that those on IMM30B could check-for/receive their update after that date as well.

There's usually a generic download for Nexus devices in additon to one targeted at people with the main OS version, like ICL-53F. These capture people on leaked ROM's and people who activate new phones that still have 4.0.1 on them.

Reactions: stickerbob

MileHighG8

Jan 11, 2012
Colorado
What will your phone do when it's updating?

Last night I woke up to my phone stuck on the screen that is shows when you first turn the phone on. I left it for a few minutes, then took the battery out and powered the phone back on. I still have 4.0.2. Hopefully it was not updating when I removed the battery.

oldblue910

Jan 1, 2011
Durham, NC
What will your phone do when it's updating?

Last night I woke up to my phone stuck on the screen that is shows when you first turn the phone on. I left it for a few minutes, then took the battery out and powered the phone back on. I still have 4.0.2. Hopefully it was not updating when I removed the battery.

Did you get the notification on your phone telling you that you had a system update available?

efrant

Retired Senior Moderator & Developers Relations
Feb 12, 2009
Montreal
Samsung Galaxy S20
There's usually a generic download for Nexus devices in additon to one targeted at people with the main OS version, like ICL-53F. These capture people on leaked ROM's and people who activate new phones that still have 4.0.1 on them.
Yeah, that was the case on the Nexus One but, to date, I have yet to see any generic updates (i.e., an update that will update any build number to the current one) -- all of them have been specific, i.e., IMM76K-from-ICL53F, so I would expect a specific IMM76K-from-IMM30B update file.

oldblue910

Jan 1, 2011
Durham, NC
No message, just the colorful spinning squares that happens when you boot up the phone. Left it for several minutes before removing the battery (buttons did nothing).

That means your phone probably randomly rebooted itself in the middle of the night. You have nothing to worry about regarding the update. The update doesn't install automatically. You will get the notification on your phone, then you have to tell it to install.

Lucky Armpit

Aug 16, 2011
USA, Garner, NC
2 Points:
2) Virginia may have been built out with the same equipment as your local area, which is why you have issues in both areas. We don't know where Verizon installed what. It is likely a patchwork of different vendors across the country. It is unlikely that they would mix two vendors in one city, there would be a clean cutoff between providers.

In short, you have given us a little information, but not nearly enough to decide the issue one way or another.

Good point; forgot that 4G/LTE is data only and has nothing to do with voice calls. Thanks.

stickerbob

Feb 3, 2010
KY
I was under the impression that LTE was voice and data. But after reading this post I did a little research only to find out that is has not rolled out that way yet (looks to be 2013). No wonder LTE phones use so much battery, they run two radios simultaneously. I can't believe I didn't figure this out sooner! :confused:

2 Points:

[/COLOR]

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    They're waiting to see what happens with the Mayan calendar before they issue the ota.

If the world ends they're off the hook.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    So I can summarize this entire thread by saying nobody knows if or when the update will happen, Verizon is the responsible party, if you don't want to wait you might as well root and update manually, and beyond that there is zero new information to even justify this thread's existence. Awesome.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA
    Major thanks for this. I had a little bit of trouble downloading it because the file eventually gets downloaded from Google Docs somehow but it's downloading now!

I'll give him some thanks when I see some of his posts again :)

I provide it as a service to everyone. Glad it was able to help you out!

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

Also, just a friendly reminder that if someone gets an OTA from IMM30B to IMM76K, if you could post the link here, efrant and I would greatly appreciate it.
    In spite of all the Verizon nonsense, we should be grateful that Google keeps putting up these updates, and that the XDA community gives us instructions on how to install them.
    OK I hate to bust any of your bubbles who were still clinging to some hope that this would be different than the May 1 build.

I just got the OTA on my phone. This is the exact same IMM76K OTA that was pushed out to some corporate and end customer devices on May 1. The MD5 and SHA1 hashes are exactly the same. There is no difference whatsoever.

Let the *****ing begin!! ;)