At&t moto x 4.4.2 ota link

Search This thread

kingpongg

Feb 13, 2006
San Francisco Bay Area
Thanks!

Awesome. thanks!

for those who are like me and haven't felt the need to root their phone or use a custom recovery, the process below worked to update an unlocked, un-rooted, stock AT&T moto x. this is probably available elswhere on the forms too.

- copy the zip into "download" on the internal storage
- boot into bootloader by holding volume down and power together
- at the bootloader screen, use volume down and scroll to "recovery", then press volume up to select it
- in recovery mode you will see "no command". hold volume up and press power to show the recovery menu
- use volume down to go to "apply update from sdcard" then press power to enter
- you should be at "choose a package to install", use the volume buttons to highlight "download/" and press power
- use the volume buttons to highlight the zip and press power

the update will start. it took about 5 minutes on my device. when it finishes, use volume keys to select "restart system" and press power. device will restart and you're done.

murso74

Oct 30, 2010
for unlocked bootloader we'd have to delete superuser to install this, correct?

murso74

Oct 30, 2010
No, you don't need to uninstall superuser. If you use xposed, make sure you uninstall the framework (no need to uninstall the modules).

awesome. thanks

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

crap, didn't work. says its for "ghost" devices, which i though i was (att 1058)

REDFOCZ

Oct 17, 2008
Orlando, Fl
I get to this point and nothing happens.

- in recovery mode you will see "no command". hold volume up and press power to show the recovery menu

Only thing I can do is long press power to reset the phone

Sent from my Moto X

southern87

I get to this point and nothing happens.

Only thing I can do is long press power to reset the phone

Sent from my Moto X

I tied to flash via recovery, but the verification check didn't complete. the email.apk didn't match. I removed it when I updated to 4.4.

I flashed down to 4.2.2 from 4.4 and rerunning slap my moto because I am rooted, but no su binary. lol

southern87

For those who had issues taking the OTA. You have 2 options that I see.

Removing the verification lines from the updater script. Don't know if that will work or what it will do.

or

Reflashing to 4.2.2 via RSD Lite. The write protection is still 0. using slapmymoto again and updating via OTA to 4.4. You will lose all data. I used to titanium back up and stored my stuff to the my box drive.

I am installing 4.4.2 via recovery from the OTA i downloaded this morning and I don't have that stupid email.apk issue. The system update says i am up to date so I had to do this way.

Xenther

Jan 1, 2014
No, you don't need to uninstall superuser. If you use xposed, make sure you uninstall the framework (no need to uninstall the modules).

Excuse my not knowing, but I just came to the forums here to peek around and see about this, since I'm on AT&T. If I uninstall the framework and take the update, what do I have to do to enable xposed after the update? Do I have to reinstall the framework every reboot?

southern87

Excuse my not knowing, but I just came to the forums here to peek around and see about this, since I'm on AT&T. If I uninstall the framework and take the update, what do I have to do to enable xposed after the update? Do I have to reinstall the framework every reboot?

Redownload the framework install app. Is what I did after I eventually got it to update to 4.4.2 lol

rohandhruva

Jun 6, 2010
Santa Clara, CA
Additionally, you also want to ensure that your /system is not write protected. If your bootloader is not unlocked, /system partition will most likely be write protected, so XPosed will not work until you do a soft-reboot (from the installer app) every time you restart your phone.

murso74

Oct 30, 2010
Do you need stock recovery for this to work or will twrp work? Can't figure out why mine won't take

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

REDFOCZ

Oct 17, 2008
Orlando, Fl
Thanks for the link, updated and all is good so far. I was a tard in the recovery and hitting power vs volume up to select recovery.... Oops but all is good now

Sent from my Moto X

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks!

Awesome. thanks!

for those who are like me and haven't felt the need to root their phone or use a custom recovery, the process below worked to update an unlocked, un-rooted, stock AT&T moto x. this is probably available elswhere on the forms too.

- copy the zip into "download" on the internal storage
    - boot into bootloader by holding volume down and power together
    - at the bootloader screen, use volume down and scroll to "recovery", then press volume up to select it
    - use volume down to go to "apply update from sdcard" then press power to enter
    - you should be at "choose a package to install", use the volume buttons to highlight "download/" and press power
    - use the volume buttons to highlight the zip and press power

the update will start. it took about 5 minutes on my device. when it finishes, use volume keys to select "restart system" and press power. device will restart and you're done.
    for unlocked bootloader we'd have to delete superuser to install this, correct?
    Do you need stock recovery for this to work or will twrp work? Can't figure out why mine won't take

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
    You need stock recovery, TWRP won't work.
    i somehow screwed up flashing back to stock recovery and now i get dead android when i try to get in... is this fixable or am i looking at a wipe? i've tried 4.4 and 4.2.2

::edit:: was able to fastboot the twrp recovery and it stuck. just can't get stock to work

For whatever reason, with the stock recovery, it's a 3 step process to get to the actual recovery.

Boot to bootloader, chose recovery, when you get the dead droid, hold vol up+vol down and power button for 1-2 seconds and that should get you to the stock recovery.