Nexus 4 , then and now

Search This thread

vadergr

Sep 1, 2013
I owned a nexus 4 when it was launched.
Kept it for a while but sold it because of the poor (at the time) battery times with stock 4.2.

My question is if anything has changed since then in terms of battery and/or performance with the latest kit kat 4.2

Can battery runtimes get any better with custom roms ? Stable one at least...

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

nickoUSA

Jun 5, 2013
Brooklyn
Kept it for a while but sold it because of the poor (at the time) battery times with stock 4.2.

My question is if anything has changed since then in terms of battery and/or performance with the latest kit kat 4.2

Thanks in advance.

Well, everything has changed. There are a variety of kernels that greatly improve battery life..so I don't see any consequences to sell N4 just because of that;)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

rackajuh

Jan 11, 2014

Thanks in advance.

Hi! I am using paranoid android 4.0 with stock kernel, and i am having excellent battery life. On a normal day it only discarges to 50 percent. I am very satisfied.

sent from nexus4 pa4beta2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1389783549843.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389783549843.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 166
  • uploadfromtaptalk1389783582884.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389783582884.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 164

nickoUSA

Jun 5, 2013
Brooklyn
Hi! I am using paranoid android 4.0 with stock kernel, and i am having excellent battery life. On a normal day it only discarges to 50 percent. I am very satisfied.

sent from nexus4 pa4beta2

There is a mod, named "Blend Boosted". It was deleted from xda, but if u need it I can give u a downloading link;)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

basscasey

Mar 15, 2011
There are all kinds of kernels and ROMs to extend battery life. I love this phone more now than I did when I bought it. Nexus 5 what?

Last edited: