[Q] Problem installing UltimaAOSP v1.1.1 [Valhalla]

Search This thread

Sander91

Jul 24, 2013
Hello!

For some reason I am having some major trouble when I'm trying to install UltimaAOSP v1.1.1 [Valhalla] on my i9300. I have been running UltimaRom v15 for a long time now, but it has been acting up lately (the photo sphere function in the camera crashes every time it's launched and the "system UI" crashes when i try to enable the GPS), so I decided to try out UltimaAOSP.

I have followed the install instructions exactly, wipe data/factory reset and unmount cache. I have tried with and without installing GApps.

PROBLEM: When i restart the phone I can barely get past the sim password screen before stuff starts crashing (contextprovider, phone and one more that i can't remember), and It just keeps crashing over and over so I can't really do anything. When It's left alone for 30 seconds or so it restarts the phone and everything starts crashing again.

"Extra" stuff i have tried:
- Wiping cache partition
- Clearing dalvik cache
- Moving the .zip-file to the internal sd card and external sd card
- Installing V1.1, got exactly the same error(s)

I am currently using CWM 6.0.4.6

Please help? This Is driving me nuts!

Last edited:

tallman43

Aug 29, 2011
The Land of Android
Hello!

For some reason I am having some major trouble when I'm trying to install UltimaAOSP v1.1.1 [Valhalla] on my i9300. I have been running UltimaRom v15 for a long time now, but it has been acting up lately (the photo sphere function in the camera crashes every time it's launched and the "system UI" crashes when i try to enable the GPS), so I decided to try out UltimaAOSP.

I have followed the install instructions exactly, wipe data/factory reset and unmount cache. I have tried with and without installing GApps.

PROBLEM: When i restart the phone I can barely get past the sim password screen before stuff starts crashing (contextprovider, phone and one more that i can't remember), and It just keeps crashing over and over so I can't really do anything. When It's left alone for 30 seconds or so it restarts the phone and everything starts crashing again.

- Wiping cache partition
- Clearing dalvik cache

Try a full wipe format in mounts and storage format the following: format/system, format/cache, format /preload, format /data, warning this will leave you without any rom so make sure you have one ready to flash on your Ext SD.:)

Because you are not fully wiping it is leaving files behind which interferer with your new installation (short explanation;))

Also I would recommend Philz recovery which does all this for you (it as a option to wipe to install a new rom) :good:

Sander91

Jul 24, 2013
Try a full wipe format in mounts and storage format the following: format/system, format/cache, format /preload, format /data, warning this will leave you without any rom so make sure you have one ready to flash on your Ext SD.:)

Because you are not fully wiping it is leaving files behind which interferer with your new installation (short explanation;))

Also I would recommend Philz recovery which does all this for you (it as a option to wipe to install a new rom) :good:

That fixed it, thank you! :D

Reactions: tallman43

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello!

- Wiping cache partition
    - Clearing dalvik cache

That fixed it, thank you! :D