[LAUNCHER][UPDATE] (8/2/2011) HeLauncher2 *1.0.5*

Search This thread

TheMuffStuff

Dec 30, 2010
South Florida
twitter.com
All Credit to HandlerExploit Dev of HeLauncher and owner of Simply-Android

HeLauncher2:

Simplicity has a love/hate relationship.

HeLauncher2 is a home replacement for the mobile operating system known as Android. The home application is the center piece to the users entire Android experience. Device manufacturers like to modify the home application to give the user a different feel for their device, to make their specific device stand out against the crowd.

What makes this home replacement different is the dev has gone and ripped apart multiple proprietary home applications from the manufactures and blended them together into one home application that can replicate them all with one button.

Features:
- Based off of AOSP Launcher2 from 2.3.4
- Three custom themes (Gingerbread, Sense 3.0, Touchwiz 4.0, ALL THE REST FROM He1)
- Transition animations for the desktop
- Blocked applications manager
- More new settings picked for Android users by Android users

What's in this version:
Lots of small bug fixes
Added screen indicator location preference

Screens:
2n8mr0z.jpg
1sijd4.jpg
16jkpd5.png
23har2o.png
jr3bdc.png
zti61j.png
24wg0ud.png

Downloads:
- HeLauncher 2

img.php

HeLauncher1:

HeLauncher is a home replacement for Android. The home application is the center piece to the users entire Android experience. Device manufacturers like to modify the home application to give the user a different feel for their device, to make their specific device stand out against the crowd.

What makes this home replacement different is that all docks included in this app, have been ripped from home applications from the main manufacturers and blended into one home application.

There are no massive options or settings menus, to try to keep things simple and stock. There are also features that competitors would only make available to the paid versions of their applications.

HeLauncher is free and open-sourced, you can find the source repository on github. If you have any input feel free to provide it.

Features:
- Based off of Launcher +
- 5 Screens
- Scrollable Widgets
- Re-sizeable Widgets
- Screen Indicators
- 10 Custom docks (Gingerbread, Froyo, Sense, Slate, Music, Blackboard, Espresso, Blur, Ninja, Samurai)
- Flick up to hide status bar

What's in this version: 1.5.4
Added live wallpaper interaction
Increased application drawer speed
Increased style selection gallery scroll speed

Coming Soon:
- 3D App Drawer

Screens:

2mgsfuv.png
9iv8yv.png
64kx0p.png
24o0ubk.png
2e6fndc.png
aot0tt.png
1zn8ikw.png
vmvcig.png
10nvlea.png
29fs001.png

Settings:

2lk6wjs.png

How to change dock :
- Menu button -> Customize

Download
- https://market.android.com/details?id=com.handlerexploit.launcher_reloaded&feature=search_result
qurified.php

Last edited:

cabessius

Dec 4, 2010
Ibiza, Spain
Hello, just one question, is it possible to change the number of rows and columns at homescreen?. Thanks and keep the good work.

ecs1984

Oct 12, 2010
i'm liking the multiple style options, giving it a whirl right now. very nice so far, 3d drawer will be a nice addition when you get to it. nice work!

OlSTAg

Mar 10, 2011
hey, i kno im sorta new but i was thinking of doing a short launcher review in a while
you mind if i add this to my list?

wackygoose

Feb 28, 2011
Campinas
looks simple and stylish, gonna try it right now!

thx

EDIT: First launcher im using and im finding it pretty cool!

Can I change a folders name? Id like to have two one for apps and one for games

Last edited:
Reactions: Kdio

jkolner

Sep 8, 2009
Aalborg
Looks realy great ;-9
If you installe HeLauncher, what about the HTC widgets?
Does the HTC widgets still work or is it like when you use ADWLauncher that most of them, eg. People Widget, don't work anymore?

bioan

Jun 1, 2009
It's not smooth, it lags really bad when scrolling.

Enable bounce option is pretty strange.

The concept is pretty good but it needs a lot of work to polish it. Keep up the good work !

DigitalDementia

Jun 11, 2010
I really do like this launcher however as with any app of fine taste there is room for improvement. I like how simplistic and light it is, and with the death of Zeam we need another launcher of this magnitude.

However there is a need for performance improvements for scrolling it seems to lag a bit and isn't as smooth as it should be being as lightweight as it is.

The next issue lies with the bounce effect and the ability to use both it and the screen position thing on the top. When using the bounce effect with it when it bounces it says you're on the right screen then when it bounces back it says you are back on the previous screen and then moves back to the appropriate location.

TheMuffStuff

Dec 30, 2010
South Florida
twitter.com
I really do like this launcher however as with any app of fine taste there is room for improvement. I like how simplistic and light it is, and with the death of Zeam we need another launcher of this magnitude.

However there is a need for performance improvements for scrolling it seems to lag a bit and isn't as smooth as it should be being as lightweight as it is.

The next issue lies with the bounce effect and the ability to use both it and the screen position thing on the top. When using the bounce effect with it when it bounces it says you're on the right screen then when it bounces back it says you are back on the previous screen and then moves back to the appropriate location.

Yeah that is a Known issue being adressed. Didnt really know people had alot of lag when scrolling, def gunna try to get that fixed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

HeLauncher2:

Simplicity has a love/hate relationship.

HeLauncher2 is a home replacement for the mobile operating system known as Android. The home application is the center piece to the users entire Android experience. Device manufacturers like to modify the home application to give the user a different feel for their device, to make their specific device stand out against the crowd.

What makes this home replacement different is the dev has gone and ripped apart multiple proprietary home applications from the manufactures and blended them together into one home application that can replicate them all with one button.

Features:
    - Based off of AOSP Launcher2 from 2.3.4
    - Three custom themes (Gingerbread, Sense 3.0, Touchwiz 4.0, ALL THE REST FROM He1)
    - Transition animations for the desktop
    - Blocked applications manager
    - More new settings picked for Android users by Android users

What's in this version:
    Lots of small bug fixes
    Added screen indicator location preference

Screens:
    2n8mr0z.jpg
    1sijd4.jpg
    16jkpd5.png
    23har2o.png
    jr3bdc.png
    zti61j.png
    24wg0ud.png

Downloads:
    - HeLauncher 2

img.php

HeLauncher1:

HeLauncher is a home replacement for Android. The home application is the center piece to the users entire Android experience. Device manufacturers like to modify the home application to give the user a different feel for their device, to make their specific device stand out against the crowd.

What makes this home replacement different is that all docks included in this app, have been ripped from home applications from the main manufacturers and blended into one home application.

There are no massive options or settings menus, to try to keep things simple and stock. There are also features that competitors would only make available to the paid versions of their applications.

HeLauncher is free and open-sourced, you can find the source repository on github. If you have any input feel free to provide it.

Features:
    - Based off of Launcher +
    - 5 Screens
    - Scrollable Widgets
    - Re-sizeable Widgets
    - Screen Indicators
    - 10 Custom docks (Gingerbread, Froyo, Sense, Slate, Music, Blackboard, Espresso, Blur, Ninja, Samurai)
    - Flick up to hide status bar

What's in this version: 1.5.4
    Added live wallpaper interaction
    Increased application drawer speed
    Increased style selection gallery scroll speed

Coming Soon:
    - 3D App Drawer

Screens:

2mgsfuv.png
    9iv8yv.png
    64kx0p.png
    24o0ubk.png
    2e6fndc.png
    aot0tt.png
    1zn8ikw.png
    vmvcig.png
    10nvlea.png
    29fs001.png

Settings:

2lk6wjs.png

How to change dock :
    - Menu button -> Customize

Download
    - https://market.android.com/details?id=com.handlerexploit.launcher_reloaded&feature=search_result
    qurified.php
    looks simple and stylish, gonna try it right now!

thx

EDIT: First launcher im using and im finding it pretty cool!

Can I change a folders name? Id like to have two one for apps and one for games
    I am the creator of the app not the OP, just pointing that out.
    has anyone else tried installing this in System/App? I pulled the APK and put it in there and it didn't work.. curious if anyone has had success as I would like to have this as my default/only launcher..