Settings colour change from black background to white or light colour

Search This thread

saulo866

Mar 19, 2004
Beijing
Is there a way, on my Samsung S4 Stock ROM 4.3, to change, under settings, the colour for the background from white on black to black on white?

Thank you
Saulo

saulo866

Mar 19, 2004
Beijing
Using Settings > Accessiility > Negative Colors would in theorysolve my problem...but then this new settings applies to everywhere, to each screen, NOT ONLY to settings...this makes making pictures and movies horrible (pics have reversed colors)...

Any idea?

I have vision issues, so having a black blackground and white characters causes me not to clearly see...

Thanks for any suggestions

saulo866

Mar 19, 2004
Beijing
I would easily switch to a cooked ROM which has the background colour for settings inverted...By the way, it seems that HTC, iPhone and most major provider choose black characters on white background.. Why then Samsung has choose the oppostite?

bennyboy78

Nov 9, 2011
I would easily switch to a cooked ROM which has the background colour for settings inverted...By the way, it seems that HTC, iPhone and most major provider choose black characters on white background.. Why then Samsung has choose the oppostite?

Probably because of the s4 screen type... Its amoled, so when it shows black, it actually has the pixel off, thus saving power.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

saulo866

Mar 19, 2004
Beijing
Probably because of the s4 screen type... Its amoled, so when it shows black, it actually has the pixel off, thus saving power.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Dear Benny

Yes, probably,. However how is it possible in the world nobody else has the glaring problem that I do experience? I do not want to give up Samsung and return to iPhone just because the apple device have white background, right? there must be a workout...

Thank you
S

kylecore

Jun 20, 2010
Chatham
Dear Benny

Yes, probably,. However how is it possible in the world nobody else has the glaring problem that I do experience? I do not want to give up Samsung and return to iPhone just because the apple device have white background, right? there must be a workout...

Thank you
S

You can blame samsung all you want but in actuality its the carrier you bought the device from, AT&T uses white background setting in most of their roms while Rogers uses Black.
Don't like the background colour, switch to a custom rom/different carriers rom and get white settings.
You can easily find out what colour the settings menus are in various roms by looking at screen shots of the rom prior to installing it.

saulo866

Mar 19, 2004
Beijing
Thank you so much for your info...
Unfortunately I use a S4: it is UNLOCKED, but it is i9502 (dual SIM), and there is ONLY one cooked ROM available (from SVA, ROM 5.5). Which is excellent by the way.
It has black background.

I am very happy about the ROM. I would not want to change to another cooked ROM. And even if I want, there it NO alternative English ROM to support dual SIM i9502 Samsung S4.

Is there a way that a NON-Tech-sawy like me can accomplish the change of background from black to white or clear? Yes, I cannot do programming, but I am able to fully implement rooting procedures and I know basic Unix commands and terminal operations..

thanks
Saulo