[Q] flashing radio via ruu

Search This thread

sheek360

Apr 23, 2010
I'm on an at&t m8 kangakat ROM and s-off

I flashed the 1.16 radio (CWS 001 method) and I entered all the commands. It takes me to a black HTC screen with a progress bar. Eventually I'm done but after about 15 minutes I'm still on that screen. As soon as I unplug from the PC I instantly find myself in boot loader. Only ruu is an option. So I force reboot by holding the power button.

According to hboot I am most definitely on the newest radio but that black HTC screen puzzles me. Was I supposed to wait longer for it to settle itself or was I supposed to unplug after it flashed?

I then went to recovery and wiped dalvik and cache. The instructions never told me to do it but I did it to be safe.

rbouza1

May 16, 2013
Google Pixel 6
I'm on an at&t m8 kangakat ROM and s-off

I flashed the 1.16 radio (CWS 001 method) and I entered all the commands. It takes me to a black HTC screen with a progress bar. Eventually I'm done but after about 15 minutes I'm still on that screen. As soon as I unplug from the PC I instantly find myself in boot loader. Only ruu is an option. So I force reboot by holding the power button.

According to hboot I am most definitely on the newest radio but that black HTC screen puzzles me. Was I supposed to wait longer for it to settle itself or was I supposed to unplug after it flashed?

I then went to recovery and wiped dalvik and cache. The instructions never told me to do it but I did it to be safe.

type fastboot reboot

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I was supposed to type that after it flashed and while I was on that black HTC screen? Instead I unplugged and rebooted by holding the power button for a few. Hboot says I got the new radio too. Should I retry?

if it went thru thats ok, but when you are done thats the cmd you enter to reboot