[n710x/T889][CWM Advanced Edition] PhilZ Touch - NEW JB 4.2 migration support

Search This thread

Phil3759

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 30, 2012
I think it is perfect.
As it is not much flat that we may get difficulty to press, but even it is enough so we can get more space for menu.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

Well, it was flat by error, but will keep it since even on i9300 they seem happy of this bug :D

By the way, does the toggle vibrator work on bottom virtual buttons or vibrator never activates?

Reactions: Crescendo Xenomorph

sunwee

May 8, 2009
hi

I get error message

"E: failed to mount exfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 /external_sd"

I am on Redpill 0.9 kernel if that matters.

shoey63

Recognized Contributor
I think it is perfect.
As it is not much flat that we may get difficulty to press, but even it is enough so we can get more space for menu.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

Phil asked for similar feedback on N7000 thread - no-one had a problem with it, and I agree with you Dr. Ketan, the more space, the better. BTW, nice to talk to you again :)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

Phil3759

May 30, 2012
hi

I get error message

"E: failed to mount exfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 /external_sd"

I am on Redpill 0.9 kernel if that matters.

Are you sure your external_sd is well formatted in fat32 or exfat? Try to format it again from pc in exfat or fat32. Not sure kernel will have effect, unless they hack recovery partition

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

sunwee

May 8, 2009
Are you sure your external_sd is well formatted in fat32 or exfat? Try to format it again from pc in exfat or fat32. Not sure kernel will have effect, unless they hack recovery partition

i am on exfat, for sure. there is no problem accessing it in the os.

edit: i change to another sdcard, fat32 and it mounts fine. but mount error again when i switch back to the original card, a Sandisk 64gb originally formated in exfat. the exfat card shows no errors when inserted into another phone and also in the PC.

edit2: i think the mount error has got to do with using cwm 6.0.1.9. i read problems mounting in another recovery thread as well http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2000138

Last edited:

Fihlvein

Aug 19, 2010
Have a question for you:

Do you like the bottom virtual buttons

I've always wanted to say this, I have a problem with the "down" virtual button. Yes, it kinda points down as the regular home button points up, but it's basically a home button and it represents a picture of a house, i.e. home.

I know we already have a massive number of custom recoveries using a home icon upside down, but IMO it just looks unprofessional and I hope somebody would take the initiative and add a proper arrow icon or two. ;)

Phil3759

May 30, 2012
i am on exfat, for sure. there is no problem accessing it in the os.

edit: i change to another sdcard, fat32 and it mounts fine. but mount error again when i switch back to the original card, a Sandisk 64gb originally formated in exfat. the exfat card shows no errors when inserted into another phone and also in the PC.

edit2: i think the mount error has got to do with using cwm 6.0.1.9. i read problems mounting in another recovery thread as well http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2000138

Well, exfat with 64Gb cards was tested and works. The link you give is stock original cwm. The one here is edited and recompiled from source with exfat support specifically added. Nothing to do with your link.

As I advised, format it again in exfat. Or, it could be the kernel you use. Try stock kernel and see if it fixes it

These are the 2 potential solutions I see. Do not forget to report back

simplelife

Jul 6, 2012
Welcome aboard , Mr.Phil. Nice to see you here too , Shoey63 .
Any change for N7015 kennel ? Thank for great job..

Last edited:
Reactions: shoey63

pongster

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 15, 2005
Quezon City
www.facebook.com
Just a reminder: if anyone can report about the vibrator toggle that triggers when you use bottom virtual buttons... :eek:

Tried this and it works. Toggles Vibration on and off and it changes the response if the virtual keys accordingly.

Btw, I tested aromafm.zip on it though and it locked up before loading the FM. I tried checking the logs but they didn't show anything aromafm related. Is there anything I can try to get that working?

Re: exFAT on RedPill, it should work as I didn't change anything that should mess with recovery. I use fat32 at the moment until I get my sdxc card this weekend. I should be able to test for that then.

Reactions: Phil3759

Phil3759

May 30, 2012
Tried this and it works. Toggles Vibration on and off and it changes the response if the virtual keys accordingly.

Btw, I tested aromafm.zip on it though and it locked up before loading the FM. I tried checking the logs but they didn't show anything aromafm related. Is there anything I can try to get that working?

Re: exFAT on RedPill, it should work as I didn't change anything that should mess with recovery. I use fat32 at the moment until I get my sdxc card this weekend. I should be able to test for that then.

Your feedback is welcome. Many thanks.
Maybe aromafm not compatible with n7100? You can try aromafm on another recovery in install zip menu and let me know. I would look at aroma source code or ask author...

I Was lost network when I flash N7100 kennel before.

This is not kernel, but recovery. Should not break anything kernel related

Top Liked Posts