Rooting Bionic; using SafeStrap

Search This thread

SimpTheChimp

Aug 6, 2008
Portage, MI
I've Google quite a bit on this subject but I am not sure which method to use - I want to root my wife's Bionic so I can get here on CM. She's currently on stock 4.1.2 JB, 98.72.22.XT875.en.us CDMA.

What's the easiest and safest way to do this? Does the Easy Root method on this forum work with this version of the Bionic? Are there other better ways to do this?

Finally, once I do get root, will SafeStrap work on the Bionic?

Thx.

-Tom

chrisp6825

Mar 13, 2009
Read. and then read some more. You might slap your self later if you skip this step :p

Go with the easy root, the one with the virtual machine setup. The root method requires a Linux setup to be used and the VM is the short cut you're looking for.

Safe strap should have no problems, provided you read. and follow all the instructions that have been laid out here for you to read.
safestrap 3.65 will allow you to boot the newest builds of Cyanogenmod.

If anything were to go wrong, you'll want to read about the house of moto.
Let me know if you need any help along the way.

Last edited:

Sirshark10

Jan 31, 2014
Read. and then read some more. You might slap your self later if you skip this step :p

Go with the easy root, the one with the virtual machine setup. The root method requires a Linux setup to be used and the VM is the short cut you're looking for.

Safe strap should have no problems, provided you read. and follow all the instructions that have been laid out here for you to read.
safestrap 3.65 will allow you to boot the newest builds of Cyanogenmod.

If anything were to go wrong, you'll want to read about the house of moto.
Let me know if you need any help along the way.
Disregard this guy. Theres a much easier way to root. Then use safestrap. I posted a question about if theres an unlocked bootloader method or not yet. But go with the way i showed you, i used it a multitude of times (bricked my phone a few times when flashing roms. Oops) and it worked fine every time. Double click a .bat file, and press space/enter a few times, and your rooted. If anything goes wrong, feel free to PM me or email me @ mmathis1999@gmail.com