[Q] Dumping system partition to PC?

Search This thread

mhmtemnacr

Jul 22, 2012
Istanbul
Redmi Note 10S
Hi,

My Android phone (I9100G) is on stock firmware, but I rooted it. I want to dump (copy and paste) /system folder's files from phone to PC. I tried adb pull /system system/ in cmd.exe but he skips special files in system folder. It says "skipping special file" and doesn't copy all files to PC. I also followed this tutorial: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2450045 but I have no system partition. I have these partitions only (Look at attachment).

I'd appreciate your solutions. Please find a way to dump system files to PC.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• noobish.png
    noobish.png
    4.7 KB · Views: 221

Danny201281

I could be wrong cause I use Linux not Windows (i assume your using Windows 7 or vista) but your command seems wrong.

Let's say you want to pull system to a folder on your desktop called system. Command should read.

Adb pull /system /users/yourusername/desktop/system.

NOTE: also as your using Windows I don't know if you need to provide the drive letter in the path to you folder on the desktop. e.g c:/users/yourusername/desktop/system.

Hope this helps good luck ?

Sent from my HTC One - ARHD 53 using xda developers app

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 AM ----------

One more thing, when you luanch cmd.exe do so as administrator, right click cmd.exe and select run as administrator.

Reactions: mhmtemnacr

mhmtemnacr

Jul 22, 2012
Istanbul
Redmi Note 10S
@Danny201281 Thanks for help, but I lately realized that this may be a permission problem. Here is my /system/app folder in Root Browser app: (Look at attachment)

I realized lots of files have 0.00 bytes. And adb cannot pull these files and calls them "special". Also /system/bin folder's all files have 0.00 bytes.

Waiting replies, thanks.

Attachments

• noobish2.png
    noobish2.png
    142.7 KB · Views: 126

Danny201281

Possibly a partition or file system problem.

Running check disk in adb can fix these type of problems.

e2fsck -fvy /dev/block/mmcblk0p35

Works for my HTC One you may need to check the device specific forum for the correct command for your phone
Check this link
http://www.linuxspy.info/606/when-and-how-to-runexecute-e2fsck/

Last edited:
Reactions: mhmtemnacr

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I could be wrong cause I use Linux not Windows (i assume your using Windows 7 or vista) but your command seems wrong.

Let's say you want to pull system to a folder on your desktop called system. Command should read.

Adb pull /system /users/yourusername/desktop/system.

NOTE: also as your using Windows I don't know if you need to provide the drive letter in the path to you folder on the desktop. e.g c:/users/yourusername/desktop/system.

Hope this helps good luck ?

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 AM ----------

One more thing, when you luanch cmd.exe do so as administrator, right click cmd.exe and select run as administrator.

Possibly a partition or file system problem.

Running check disk in adb can fix these type of problems.

e2fsck -fvy /dev/block/mmcblk0p35

Works for my HTC One you may need to check the device specific forum for the correct command for your phone
    Check this link
    http://www.linuxspy.info/606/when-and-how-to-runexecute-e2fsck/