No OS installed?

Search This thread

pyromaniacv3

Oct 25, 2010
It's been a little while since I've done anything to my phone.
I was having a few issues with the installed ROM(AndroidNow4.3) with Android 4.3 and Sense 5.5.
I went to install both ViperOne and I tried Sloth. After "installing" them from TWRP it said there was no OS installed.
I currently converted back to AndroidNow, but I was wondering if there was anything I had to do because of the Android 4.3 version difference between the ROMs?

Thanks.

sauprankul

Jul 23, 2012
I was having a few issues with the installed ROM(AndroidNow4.3) with Android 4.3 and Sense 5.5.
I went to install both ViperOne and I tried Sloth. After "installing" them from TWRP it said there was no OS installed.
I currently converted back to AndroidNow, but I was wondering if there was anything I had to do because of the Android 4.3 version difference between the ROMs?

Thanks.

All right. Just type up a step by step list of what you did, starting from the download of the ROM. Please be specific.

Sloth

Inactive RC / Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 23, 2012
Xda-Dev,NV

Thanks.
Do you have a Sprint M7?
I don't recognize anything except ViperOne.

pyromaniacv3

Oct 25, 2010
Do you have a Sprint M7?
I don't recognize anything except ViperOne.

Yup!

All right. Just type up a step by step list of what you did, starting from the download of the ROM. Please be specific.

I actually think I know what I did....or didn't do, lol.

It appears I only downloaded the OTA updates in the threads, instead of the actual ROM. OOPS.

I'll let you know if I fix it.

But Here's what I did;

1. Downloaded the file.
2. Put it on the phone.
3. Made a backup of all my stuff
4. Cleared Cache, D-Cache, Data and System.
5. Installed zip.

Last edited:

pyromaniacv3

Oct 25, 2010
Ok, I got it installed.

My only question is, when I install the OTA update, do I need to clear just the cache? Or do I have to clear it at all?