[Q] Will I be able to update the GPE Rom like a regular one or must i reflash it?

Search This thread

Shinny123

Jun 13, 2014
If I flash my phone to a GPE ROM, will I be able to update the phone as if i bought it Pre loaded GPE or must i flash it every time an update rolls out?

If the latter, how long usually is the delay between the official release and the ROM update?

7ftnick

Mar 5, 2011
Conversion to GPE

If I flash my phone to a GPE ROM, will I be able to update the phone as if i bought it Pre loaded GPE or must i flash it every time an update rolls out?

If the latter, how long usually is the delay between the official release and the ROM update?

I you want your phone to be like a stock GPE phone you will need:

Unlock Bootloader and have root or temp root
S-Off (look on the forums here as there are several ways to do it)
Change your model ID to PN0712000 (I have not tested it with diffirent CID or model ID but maybe it will work.)
Change your CID to GOOGL001

after that you can flash the stock GPE rom and then you will be getting OTA updates.
You will get 2 of them, one to android 4.4.3 and then straight away another one to android 4.4.4 which is the current latest android.

You will not be able to install an OTA if you have a custom recovery however,
So if you are looking to root, then save the stock recovery, and after rooting reflash the stock one again.
For information on how to do it search the forums.

Reactions: Shinny123

Shinny123

Jun 13, 2014

Change your model ID to PN0712000 (I have not tested it with diffirent CID or model ID but maybe it will work.)

after that you can flash the stock GPE rom and then you will be getting OTA updates.
You will get 2 of them, one to android 4.4.3 and then straight away another one to android 4.4.4 which is the current latest android.

So if you are looking to root, then save the stock recovery, and after rooting reflash the stock one again.

Thanks a lot!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Conversion to GPE