Tilt wont turn on or charge. Shows red light when plugged

Search This thread

drokkon

Oct 8, 2007
Colorado Springs
Okay, well I'm glad some of you have experienced this, but what's the deal with it happening to SO MANY people on the same night?!?

I got mine on the Thursday before the Friday that the Tilt was released in early October - is it the amount of days it's been running, or the fact that it's near the new year? Hm...

drokkon

Oct 8, 2007
Colorado Springs
okay lets try this...remove batt....let phone sit for a few minutes. plug into power source without batt. unplg again....then plug again. while plugged into power source...put batt in...then remove...then in again. then hit the reset button. ofcorse this has nothing to do with anything. but if it was me i would try anything lol....lets see what happens.
lol also...does the phone come on with just the power cable plugged in and no batt? im curious to know about that. the latest version of kaiser tweak has a bunch of power settings. if the phone does come one...load up kaiser tweak and get in there to see if you can mess with the settings to fix this issue.
Thanks for the suggestions. No luck. Won't turn on no matter what combination of things I try, nor does it turn on when plugged in without a battery.

What was that about hard-resetting it? Can you hard reset it if it won't turn on?

lifesaflaw123

Dec 23, 2007
I got mine on the Thursday before the Friday that the Tilt was released in early October - is it the amount of days it's been running, or the fact that it's near the new year? Hm...
good point! I didn't even think about this. My first thought in response to your post was that att sent out an update or something to catch people flashing their phones but its happening to people who didn't. I'm afraid my local att is going to give me a hassle about replacing my phone. last time i did it with my 8525 they made me pay for it and then receive a rebate on my plan to make sure it wasn't "owner caused error"

lifesaflaw123

Dec 23, 2007
This happened to me as well. I'm glad there is a thread to address the problem!

The one thing I noticed that is different about this new kaiser I have is that the battery is made by DynaPack, the battery in the kaiser that has this issues was a Samsung battery.

May this be the culprit?

my phone = dead = samsung battery.

jbenach

Oct 24, 2006
I tried all that stuff with the battery, and plugging in without the battery and every which way from Sunday. No go, which is why I took it to an AT&T store and got it replaced today!!

On the other freaky stuff being mentioned in this thread: cue audio of The Twighlight Zone theme

tyeo098

Dec 25, 2007
Orlando, FL
Its not the battery, I went to an ATT store last night where the lady had some tilts in stock.

Che popped my battery into another tilt and it booted right up, she also tried a new battery in my =dead= tilt and nothing.

Its a hardware issue from the phone, not the battery.

mutantblack

Sep 22, 2006
Tornados City
No the battery doesn't do anything with this issue. My phone just went dead like this and I am on the phone with AT&T warranty dept. My gf tilt has samsung battery and I have dynapack. Doesn't make any difference.

Boopman

Dec 29, 2007
Same issue. Bought on the 23 of Dec. That night it was fully charged. In the morning it would not turn on. Plugged it in and a red light. Let it sit for over an hour to no avail. Returned for a new one. Same programs and more loaded now and no probs.

It did prompt me to get the Sprite $10.00 upgrade to 6.1. Great Program and allows direct back-up to my TabletPC. 48meg backup in a little over 2 min. (Also got the GPS Tracer - Terminator)

Here is the link if you need it.

http://www.spritesoftware.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=203

obie1018

Dec 28, 2007
^^^ Same that is freaky. Just when I thought I am going to add dutty's rom I look this thread up. I brought my phone new wit no contract ext. so I am assed out of $400+ So I am taking very serious measures,

spooki37

Oct 9, 2007
I had this a couple of weeks ago, Just get a red light when charging and cannot turn phone on, mine was running original HTC rom, I returned phone to HTC service centre and they identified it as a faulty system board and replaced it.

mutantblack

Sep 22, 2006
Tornados City
well, if you just bought the phone, then you have 1 year warranty no matter what of coz for AT&T I am talking about since that's the phone I have. I sent back my first one after used of 2 months due to dead pixels issue. Now the second one after having for a week and it won't turn on at all. So waiting for the replacement and have to send this one back too. I just complained to AT&T about this but they can't do anything about it. My first one had dutty rom on it but I revert it back to AT&T rom. But this second one is stock AT&T rom. I didn't change anything at all.

dfresh305

Oct 13, 2006
Daytona Beach, FL
Getting Crazier

Well, a quick update on my situation. I still had my 8525 with me, since I had planned to transfer old data off and the such. So, I moved my sim over to my 8525, and decided to work on the 8925. While working on the brick, I found absolutely no solution. I went to the store here in texass (my box and other items are still in Florida), and the hottie at the counter put a new battery in, BRICKED! Nada, zip, zero, zelch.:mad: Phone is fried. So, no big deal, when I get back to Florida, I'll take the box to the nearest ATT and get it swapped out. Problem...... I'm cruisin over to see some old friends, using my 8525 now, all is well. Go to use the phone less than 30 minutes later, DEAD! I go home and put it on the charger, NOTHING! BRICKED!!!! WTF!?!?!?!?! I baby these phones. These guys are in pristine condition. What could be going on?!??! Maybe I AM radioactive! :(
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Last edited:

dfresh305

Oct 13, 2006
Daytona Beach, FL
set 14 0

Set 14 0 (as described somewhere in the wiki), would require us to enter bootloader mode. If I could enter bootloader mode, I wouldn't be having this problem at all. Thanks for the ideas tho.

Last edited:

austinsnyc

Mar 24, 2007
New York City
www.austinluker.com
Just so you all know having the battery out of your Kasier/Tild and pluging in the charger will not allow it to charge or turn on. you will just get a red light with out the bettery in period. the reason for this is "take your battery out and you see the 4 copper contact points under where the battery goes? those complete the circut for the power supply system" so if your battery is out your Kiaser/tild will not get the proper juice needed to run. for all of you with this issue try to bend the copper tabs up to make sure they are coming in contact with the bottom of the battery. To me it sounds like HTC messed up a batch of phones on the line and you all are paying the price. You should all list your build info and build date it can be found under the cover on the back right under the GPS connection in white letters mine is
36H00564-OOM
DATE:061107(TB02)EU

which means mine was built November 6th 2007 and released for the EURO market. I am however in NYC :)

Last edited:

drokkon

Oct 8, 2007
Colorado Springs
You should all list your build info and build date it can be found under the cover on the back right under the GPS connection in white letters
36H00563-OOM
DATE:061107(TB02)/US

austinsync - are you sure you don't mean 6th of November? Because it looks like it's day/month/year according to dfresh305's info. If so, that CAN'T be a manufacturing day, because I got mine way back in October.

In other news, I'm e-mailing my genius AT&T rep right now - he's on these forums too, so I'm sure he'll tell me what to do.