Best replacement launcher for Note

Search This thread

yslee

Jul 18, 2007
Not many people use LauncherPro nowadays, it seems. I do like the ability to set 15 shortcuts on the bottom quicklaunch bar. How does it run on the Galaxy Note, given that Touchwiz is GPU accelerated?
Answering my own question: Launcher Pro works great. Only slowdown for me is when the app drawer comes up. Setting the app drawer launch animation speed to 10 disables the animation, therefore the lag.

Goodm7sn

Nov 23, 2010
Am I the only person having issues with ADW EX and Go Launcher EX?

ADW EX: Layout is tablet, lots of overlapping, menu at the bottom is cut off in portrait mode.
Go Launcher EX: LAG LAG LAG when flipping through homescreens in 5x5.

ive tried go launcher EX for a while and yes i had lag flipping thu screens :( , anyone knows a way to resolve it properly ?

thx

Bobanovicz

Dec 17, 2008
Prague
There is no way to resolve this in my opinion for any alternative launchers.
We must wait for update with support Note screen resolution and density.

Reactions: Goodm7sn

Goodm7sn

Nov 23, 2010
Last edited:

psionic11

Nov 23, 2011
Regina 3D Launcher successfully uses the S Memo widget.

Here's what I like about Regina 3D:

- different wallpaper for each homescreen (up to 7)
- nice 3D effects
- nice app drawer (numbered pages)
- folder within folders!
- icons not locked to 5x5 grid (finer grid resolution)
- password-protected Secret Workspace (3 more hidden homescreens)

Here's what could be better:
- snappier response
- live wallpaper support (still works on lockscreen though)
- support for landscape mode
- more dock shortcuts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0WE7TGziT0

robmeik

Jan 21, 2007
Hull
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
SPB Mobile Shell update

This launcher has been updated and now you can alter the size of the Android widgets!! It is a great alternative and it seems to make the Note even snappier all round, from responsiveness to opening and scrolling through the screens - a great alternative to TW!! :)

Some of the SPB widgets are excellent too!

BerreZ

Dec 31, 2007
Leuven
Launcher Pro

I've tried some launcher and by far the most responsive and tweakable is Launcher Pro.You only lose some Samsung Widget.

For a smooth scroling trouch pages you have to set memory usage to low.

Reactions: flamestring

easycure1974

Nov 22, 2005
Eskilstuna
This launcher has been updated and now you can alter the size of the Android widgets!! It is a great alternative and it seems to make the Note even snappier all round, from responsiveness to opening and scrolling through the screens - a great alternative to TW!! :)

Some of the SPB widgets are excellent too!

Tried it again but I still think it lags to much compared to my old SGS II :)

Goodm7sn

Nov 23, 2010
ADW ex still lags here , even after i disable scrolling cache , it gets a bit smoother if i disable scrolling wallpaper too but still laggy on 5*5 screen transitions with many widgets :(

titus1

Feb 14, 2010
I've had GO Launcher EX, LauncherPro Plus and ADW EX installed on my Note...

But I'm using QQ Launcher Pro. Downside is...it doesn't have the widgets that comes with GO, LPP & ADW like messages contacts etc. And it doesn't have many themes like the other Launchers. But thank goodness, the Colorized Widgets works in QQ.

But one good thing about the QQ that it has a widget named "Quick switch" that includes the functionality to lock the Screen.
The best screen effects are (at least for me) Classic (NO rollback) & Cascade.

capture_01.png

capture_03.png

Last edited:

DMax99

Aug 30, 2010
ADW ex still lags here , even after i disable scrolling cache , it gets a bit smoother if i disable scrolling wallpaper too but still laggy on 5*5 screen transitions with many widgets :(

hmmm... I'm using the same launcher (tab version) and its perfectly fast. disabling the scrolling cache actually lags mine up, so I just left it at auto, and it works really well

Last edited:

EarlZ

Jun 21, 2010
I get lags with ADW Ex as well if u use anything other than the normal transition.. Probably the only way for ADW Ex or any launcher not to lag is to call on the 2nd CPU to perform Real time priority rendering instead of reading on the main thread.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2011
Spb shell 3d launcher

Hi,

i use spb shell 3d in tablet mode and love the size of the icons, but find it leaves a border top and bottom as if the actual 3d windows cant stretch to the 1280x800 resolution of the note....

please see att pics
Is there anyway to get the icons this small using twlauncher

or correct spb shell to resize to the resolution of the note ?

cheers

Attachments

• spbSmartphoneMode.jpg
    spbSmartphoneMode.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 965
  • spbTabletMode.jpg
    spbTabletMode.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 784

galaa

Dec 11, 2011
does using launchers lag the phone?

I used launchers with my Desire HD and it lagged after prolong usage, and end up I deleted it and switched back to HTC Sense.

Wonder if Note will face the same issue...

cenkaetaya

Dec 24, 2008
hey do you guys know the difference between Go launcher and ADW?

i am a big ADW fan but not sure what the difference really is....

also do you guys use stock adw settings or tweak them for best performance? i usually disable all animations and things to make it run super fast.

i have my settings saved here: http://cenka.net/androidsettings.php

i dont know if you guys are getting lag with all the transitions / effects; have you tried turning them all off?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Go Launcher Ex is possibly the finest.
    ADW EX all the way!

I used it in this video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JyfrD4VrHY :D
    Yes..but I found the icons is abit "shrunk" as compared to other launchers...Is there a way to increase the size of the icons?
    Regards..
    For some reason, SPB Shell 3D defaults to tablet mode on the Note. That's why the icons and widgets were so small. Once you change to the smartphone interface in "Experimental Settings," everything will become normal-sized.

SPB Shell really shows off the power of the Note. I had to use Launcher Pro with my Dell Streak because it just wasn't able to handle SPB Shell.
    SSLauncher looks pretty cool...but it's really hideous looking, unless you have templates/themes to go with it...and I don't really see much available. It's a shame too, because it has a very good setup.

It's only as hideous as you want to make it look - way more configerable than go launcher, and faster and smoother. I've got gragically intense live wallpapers running, lots of widgets and about 7 screens, and it still zips along. Golauncher and ADW would chug along.
    for me, SPB Shell 3D is the best. I made a video "gnote running spb shell 3d in table mode"