[Q] wiped os

Search This thread

Brandon136

Jan 11, 2014
hueytown
After ota 4.3 on stock att I747 Itried cf autroot and installed trp successfully. Somehow wiped the os off and now stuck n Samsung screen. I can get into download mode and recovery please help

fffft

Jul 16, 2013
After ota 4.3 on stock att I747 Itried cf autroot and installed trp successfully. Somehow wiped the os off and now stuck n Samsung screen. I can get into download mode and recovery please help

Annoying, but not that hard to fix. You have two or three choices. If you made a backup, you can restore that from recovery mode.

You could go to download mode and flash a stock ROM onto the phone, then root it again.

Or you can go with a custom ROM as the poster above suggested. You generally need a custom recovery for that, so you'd go to download mode and install a custom recovery first. Followed by the custom ROM. If the custom ROM is a tar file, you'd also flash that with Odin in download mode. If it is a flashable zip file then the custom ROM would be flashed after you boot to the custom recovery mode first.

If flashing a stock image, ensure that it is a version 4.3 AT&T image. Trying to flash an earlier version will do bad things to your phone.

Last edited:

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Annoying, but not that hard to fix. You have two choices.. you can go to download mode and flash a stock ROM onto the phone, then root it again.

Or you can go to download mode and install a custom recovery, followed by a custom ROM as the poster above suggested. If the custom ROM is a tar file, you'd also flash that with Odin in download mode. If it is a flashable zip file then the custom ROM would be flashed after you boot to the custom recovery mode first.

If flashing a stock image, ensure that it is a version 4.3 AT&T image. Trying to flash an earlier version will do bad things to your phone.

As far as I know, there is no stock 4.3 AT&T image available because one was never released by AT&T. However, I think there may be some 4.3 based ROMs that can be flashed.

Mobile Odin can also be used to flash an image since mobile Odin does not flash a bootloader or modem.

Reactions: Brandon136

fffft

Jul 16, 2013
As far as I know, there is no stock 4.3 AT&T image available because one was never released by AT&T. However, I think there may be some 4.3 based ROMs that can be flashed.

Mobile Odin can also be used to flash an image since mobile Odin does not flash a bootloader or modem.

It can be painful to be an AT&T customer at times. If a full factory 4.3 ROM wasn't released, the OP could still flash a properly formatted backup of someone's stock AT&T 4.3. But it would of course be easier to adopt a custom ROM as you suggested. One choice would be S3Rx 3.0.

Brandon136

Jan 11, 2014
hueytown
Thanks for the help. However I tried to flash several 4.3 stock based roms and got nothing. I had an older s3 with a busted screen so I took the mother board out and put in this. I then flashed twrp and rooted. Im on the ota 4.3 and would really like a custom rom. Im currently on the hunt.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

fffft

Jul 16, 2013
Thanks for the help. However I tried to flash several 4.3 stock based roms and got nothing. I had an older s3 with a busted screen so I took the mother board out and put in this. I then flashed twrp and rooted. Im on the ota 4.3 and would really like a custom rom. Im currently on the hunt.

You didn't give us nearly enough details to really know what you tried, let alone why it might have failed. AT&T is much more restrictive than most carriers and is locking their bootloader, so you have to be careful not to flash someone else's bootloader or a pre 4.3 version.

But since you have a rooted phone again.. installing a custom ROM wouldn't be hard to do.. I gave you a link to decent custom ROM that would work for you. Or you can browse other custom ROMs if you prefer. There are detailed instructions in the thread to guide you. Basically confirm that you have one of the listed AT&T bootloaders and modems, download the custom ROM to your phone, boot to twrp, do a "factory wipe", then install the custom ROM (flashable zip file) from the twrp install menu.

audit13

Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Try Philz Touch recovery instead of TWRP. If it doesn't work with Philz, let us know the error messages you're getting.

Brandon136

Jan 11, 2014
hueytown
Can you post a link where I can find custom roms for att i747. Sorry for the noob question I have looked and cannot find one. Thank you. Im on rooted ota 4.3 with twrp currently.

theramsey3

Jun 27, 2012
Can you post a link where I can find custom roms for att i747. Sorry for the noob question I have looked and cannot find one. Thank you. Im on rooted ota 4.3 with twrp currently.

You can't find custom rooms cause you're blind or can't read. Backup out of the Q&A forum to the s3 page with all the forum listing then click on the forum that says AT&T galaxy s3 development. If you can't find one there you need to stop trying...

Reactions: Brandon136

audit13

Jun 4, 2012
Toronto

Brandon136

Jan 11, 2014
hueytown
Couldmyou point me in the direction to switch over. I have read alot on that same issue

Brandon136

Jan 11, 2014
hueytown
I know thats right. This is my first so needless to say its all new. I looked for just custom roms and not delelopment. Sorry, thanks for the help.

Brandon136

Jan 11, 2014
hueytown
Yes I have cwm and titanium back pro, busy box pro, and a few other goodies. So I made me a backup and flashed 4.4.2. I'm playing with it now. It seems really solid and way better customizations. I'm about to head over and give the developers thanks. Thank you as well for your advice.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You can load a custom recovery in Odin and flash a custom ROM.
    Annoying, but not that hard to fix. You have two choices.. you can go to download mode and flash a stock ROM onto the phone, then root it again.

Or you can go to download mode and install a custom recovery, followed by a custom ROM as the poster above suggested. If the custom ROM is a tar file, you'd also flash that with Odin in download mode. If it is a flashable zip file then the custom ROM would be flashed after you boot to the custom recovery mode first.

You can't find custom rooms cause you're blind or can't read. Backup out of the Q&A forum to the s3 page with all the forum listing then click on the forum that says AT&T galaxy s3 development. If you can't find one there you need to stop trying...

Download Philz Touch zip from here and flash in TWRP. Reboot into recovery and you should have CWM installed.

http://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_Advanced_Edition/d2att