[Q] Poor video capturing quality

Search This thread

oziboy

Jul 3, 2013
Zonhoven
OnePlus 9 Pro
Pfff i've been having issues since i bought the phone lol...
okay this is totally driving me crazy, i take much video's etc. with my phone but thats impossible when i got poor quality
the problem is that its locked to MMS quality and there is No other option available in the video quality in the camera app
also in 3rd party camera apps i have this same problem.
i have flashed the fix for 8MP camera and thats working great, along with 360 panorama.
any fixes for this? anyone having this issue also?
thanks in advance,
-ozi

/\/\

Jan 17, 2014
Weird, few days ago I was recording full hd videos. If every camera app reports that you can record only low quality movies then something must be broken under the hood. You can start off with clearing Camera cache.

The best way is to recall since when can't you switch to bigger video resolutions.

Reactions: oziboy

oziboy

Jul 3, 2013
Zonhoven
OnePlus 9 Pro
Dunno, this happened after i flashed the 8MP fix (showed up 6mp), then i flashed a new Rom, (project speed) and it didnt go away :d

Sentapp?m my HTC One X+ using xda app-developers app

Edit: seems like 3rd party apps can show 1080p but the problem is the sense camera app -.-
Can someone gimme the proper untouched camera app?

Last edited:

DarkNate34

Oct 11, 2011
8MP Fix? Y'all idiots, those 3rd party camera apps shows only upto 6 MP By default cause it's their Bug, I use to used PerfectlyClear Camera app, had same issue I reported it and they fixed it.

/\/\

Jan 17, 2014
8MP Fix? Y'all idiots, those 3rd party camera apps shows only upto 6 MP By default cause it's their Bug, I use to used PerfectlyClear Camera app, had same issue I reported it and they fixed it.

What the hell are you talking? I'm using Perfectly Clear as well and latest versions shows I can use 5.1 MP.

3rd party camera apps can show up to 6 MP just because HTC made a bug. They messed up something in a system file... The explanation for this can be found in the same thread where the fix is. With a broken file, camera apps can't get all handled picture resolutions.

Reactions: oziboy

oziboy

Jul 3, 2013
Zonhoven
OnePlus 9 Pro

well that doesnt matter, i got this bug before i flashed the fix
its a htc bug, no need for flaming... also the htc camera app is not really related to the camera config thingy (as i read in the 8mp fix topic)
the problem is that i can ONLY record MMS in the stock htc app but 3rd party camera apps can record 1080p HD and also save them in 1080p HD
this cant be a hardware failure, nothing actually happened to the Phone, i was making 1080p videos all the time... atleast before it got messed up
after that i flashed the fix

reydelmundo

Dec 9, 2008
Hi guys, any update about the video capture issue ?
I am facing the same problem since I've installed camera with photosphere (downloaded from Venom Hub). The only resolution possible is MMS(176 x 144) !
I guess that it has nothing to do with the 8MP fix as I did not flash it.

oziboy

Jul 3, 2013
Zonhoven
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hi,

The resolution problem can be fixed by flashig the "OTA 2.0.2 - 2.0.3 - dev-host" update.

[URviperx://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=37300331&postcount=4"]http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=37300331&postcount=4[/URL]

The three video options Full HD (1920 x 1080), HD (1280 x 720) and MMS (176 x144) are back !!! :)

That's one of the solutions indeed, but I quit using viperx+, their tweaks cause instability and lag.
Any solution for a non viperx+ one?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Weird, few days ago I was recording full hd videos. If every camera app reports that you can record only low quality movies then something must be broken under the hood. You can start off with clearing Camera cache.

The best way is to recall since when can't you switch to bigger video resolutions.

What the hell are you talking? I'm using Perfectly Clear as well and latest versions shows I can use 5.1 MP.

3rd party camera apps can show up to 6 MP just because HTC made a bug. They messed up something in a system file... The explanation for this can be found in the same thread where the fix is. With a broken file, camera apps can't get all handled picture resolutions.
    Hi,

The resolution problem can be fixed by flashig the "OTA 2.0.2 - 2.0.3 - dev-host" update.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=37300331&postcount=4

The three video options Full HD (1920 x 1080), HD (1280 x 720) and MMS (176 x144) are back !!! :)