[Q] HTC One M7 completely stopped working today. Any help please

Search This thread

trxsta

Dec 2, 2012
Hi,

I'm currently using a t-mobile stock HTC One. My phone randomly got stuck in the boot up screen so I went into boot loader and powered the phone down. Powered it back up and same thing. So I went into boot loader and tried to go into recovery mode. I saw the red ! but didn't know what to do so I hit the power button and the screen went black. Nothing is working now and when I plug the phone into a charger, nothing happens. Does anybody know what to do?

Thank you!

Jason

majmoz

Oct 18, 2010
Sonoita
Hi,

I'm currently using a t-mobile stock HTC One. My phone randomly got stuck in the boot up screen so I went into boot loader and powered the phone down. Powered it back up and same thing. So I went into boot loader and tried to go into recovery mode. I saw the red ! but didn't know what to do so I hit the power button and the screen went black. Nothing is working now and when I plug the phone into a charger, nothing happens. Does anybody know what to do?

Thank you!

Jason

I have read of three possible solutions:
1. Shine a bright light on the photo sensor while powering on the device.
2. Put it on the wall charger for an extended period of time (overnight or longer) to see if you get a response. The powering it on.
3. Return to HTC or T-Mobile for repair.

trxsta

Dec 2, 2012
I have read of three possible solutions:
1. Shine a bright light on the photo sensor while powering on the device.
2. Put it on the wall charger for an extended period of time (overnight or longer) to see if you get a response. The powering it on.
3. Return to HTC or T-Mobile for repair.

Thanks for the reply! I tried 1 and 2 already but I'm trying to leave it charge for over 2 days to see if that'll do anything else. I'm not sure if I can return to T-mobile anymore. I've had the phone for slightly over a year and I read from other threads T-mobile just tells them to take it to HTC. I don't know if I can get a repair from HTC since the IMEI number that was on the sticker on the back of the phone fell off and I have no other idea how to get that number. :(

majmoz

Oct 18, 2010
Sonoita
Thanks for the reply! I tried 1 and 2 already but I'm trying to leave it charge for over 2 days to see if that'll do anything else. I'm not sure if I can return to T-mobile anymore. I've had the phone for slightly over a year and I read from other threads T-mobile just tells them to take it to HTC. I don't know if I can get a repair from HTC since the IMEI number that was on the sticker on the back of the phone fell off and I have no other idea how to get that number. :(

If you still have the box it came in, the number is on the side of the box or it might be on the receipt. HTC can retrieve the number once they get in to the phone.