Review of WeLoop Tommy smartwatch, w/lots of pics! - re-inventing the Pebble wheel :)

Search This thread

fcsabika

Nov 12, 2010
Cegléd
xdaforums.com
WeLoop Tommy Watchface Creator new version released!

Changelog:
2015/05/22 [v1.16.16]
* Switch between digital and analog watchface creator interface
* New feature: create analog watchfaces
* New settings: set rotation point and marker for analog watchfaces
* New settings: choose triangle or rectangle hands style
* New settings: customize hands width, length and tail length
* New feature: choose from 6 date formats
* Small changes, improvements
* Bug fixes

Screenshots:

p1mAtIL.png

wWk5Dml.png

yVKwjvx.png

DtwMMDR.png

Q8qiCrq.png

f8rtrUW.png

iAg4Z6b.png

69Y7Q16.png

r0ku4kf.png

LcXu1g0.png

gxJhu60.png

7AkP0YW.png

1FlTOzL.png

Z5486LH.png

dhX8nIM.png

YYhEH5h.png

Download links are in first post. (link)

Please hit the Thanks button to let me know it works without problems, or if you encounter a problem, please tell me.

qkall

Jan 21, 2010
This is pretty significant in regards to the Open Source Sports Watch project:

"Krzysiek wrote 17 minutes ago
I've just published an android app in google play store so it should be available in 24h. It's published as beta so it will be available only to members of google group ossw-beta, you can register here: https://groups.google.com/group/ossw-beta

I will post what's working and how to write custom extensions that expose functions/properties to the watch in this week. "

qkall

Jan 21, 2010
Why not? I still use it every day, and can't imagine going a day without it. I mean, it's not the most advanced or the best smartwatch, but 3-4 week battery life and full waterproof is golden!

if you haven't already - the open source project is coming along nicely (check the other thread). Like 5 of us have jumped ship.... using mine as we speak.

Haterz_ITALY

Mar 10, 2013
Hello everyone, I recently discovered the weloop and are very interested, today it still recommended? the app is valid? the pedometer as the reputed?

thanks and sorry for my english

qkall

Jan 21, 2010
Hello everyone, I recently discovered the weloop and are very interested, today it still recommended? the app is valid? the pedometer as the reputed?

so weloop has all but abandoned the device with mediocre support for Chinese only customers. However, the open source sports watch project is, in my opinion, better anyway. However, you do loose the pedometer. now if you really need the pedometer you can use an old version of the weloop app or the ecochronos app.... but i'm just going to wait until they figure out the pedometer for the OSSW project. see the other thread.

Pehehetri

Nov 23, 2014

no, i personally don't recommend it. the only good thing about this watch is the battery, it lasts a really long time but the rest is mediocre and it is not worth the money unless you find it for something like 10 euros.

qkall

Jan 21, 2010
Ok thanks to both, can you recommend a similar with e-ink display, or another 50-60 €?

there's a lot for the price but i don't think i would totally recommend them... maybe the smartq z watch (only because i've had previously dealt with smartq and they make decent products). to the previous posters point, maybe you can find as weloop on ebay or something for super cheap

i see one on ebay for 35 EUR

Last edited:

vectron

Apr 23, 2011
Call me crazy, but I still use this smartwatch religiously every day :) Got some scratches on the screen (my own fault when working on fixing my car stereo, reaching elbow deep behind the unit), and I know it can't keep up with functionality of other advanced smartwatches. But the battery is still a very consistent 20-25 days between charging (fitness disabled, backlight and motion set for nite time only, and Night off)), and it does a basic functionality of having display always on, notifying from apps I linked to, displaying a short Whatsup and TXT messages, and allowing me to keep my phone at work always on mute since I can see caller id. Basic stuff for sure, but it does the job.

Harlley Sathler

Jul 23, 2011
Yeah! I use it daily too. But since Marshmallow update the default app no longer works. Moved to OSS firmware and now I'm trying to get used to it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    well to be honest, after having tommy for 3 month, my feelings are mixed. On one hand I'm extreme happy with the battery life and the practicality, on the other hand, i'm sicken tired of waiting for software support. Its been over 1 month now since dev team said they're working on a solution for android L and yet, still no notifications, no updates. Instead of working on one product with already limited resources, they're working on three. Instead of producing one perfectly functional firmware, they're doing three half-assed products.

I dont know what should I think about tommy now. I`m proud that i'm chinese and some Chinese companies such as weloop is starting to try innovating to suit consumer demands, but I'm also disappointed with their half-assed attitude. I'm not software dev, but Im sure with all the source codes available, it shouldnt take more than a month produce a fix, or come out clean officially.

Unfortunately I'm taking tommy off my wrist and putting my Seiko back on, as right now there's not difference in practicality. Until the firmware's issues are fixed, it will stay inside my drawer, and I'm not getting my hands anywhere near the 2gen tommy neither.

For all of you guys out there with android 4.4 or 4.2, enjoy the best of tommy while you can. Peace!

Steyr
    Here you go, final battery update: it lasted 25 days!!!

Fitness tracker was disabled though, but every other notification on, also running 3.14.
    Same here. But theres not much support on this threads. Just updates from the folks that have got lucky ....It's potluck ...

This is what I did to get 3.14 on my watch using Android:

1. Download latest beta app on fir.im/andobt

Set your watch on OTA mode:
    2. Connect your watch to the charger.
    3. Press all 3 buttons on the side simultanously
    4. Release the 2 side buttons, and keep the middle button pressed until you get the upgrade connecting display.

Update from phone:
    5. Open your Weloop Tommy app, Go to "Check For Update" (it will say Current version Unknown, don't worry about it.)
    6. The display says "Found new Version V3.14"
    7. Press "Upgrade"
    8. It asks: "Do you want to switch to OTA mode?", Press OK
    9. It asks: "Ensure your watch is OTA mode, and then click OK to start OTA.", Press OK
    10. It will scan for your device. When it appears in the list, press it to start FW upgrade.

11a. Upgrade will start and both phone and watch will show a percentage (%) of complete.
    11b. If the watch gets stuck on a percentage or if connection is lost, shutdown the app an repeat from step 5.
    12. When finished the watch will reboot by itself.

I hope this is helpful.
    //Mr_Crispy
    Hi Everyone!
    A few days ago I have started developing a Windows application: WeLoop Tommy Watchface Creator :)
    I don't have much freetime, but I will try to release it here soon.
    It will come with limited functionality, but will add more when I will have time for that ;)
    I hope it will be useful.