[GUIDE]Factory Images (JB-ICS) [maguro][toro][toroplus]

Search This thread

ale.landra91

Apr 29, 2011
Cuneo
Hello everyone,
i decide to write this guide and to collect all the future Factory Images for Galaxy Nexus (maguro [GSM/GSPA+], toro[VZW CDMA/LTE], toroplus[Sprint CDMA/LTE])
Once installed them you retourn 100% stock.
This is usefull in case you don't want to wait official OTA or you have to use warranty for some problem or you like a really clean install.
Since Android 4.0 IceCreamSandwich you can't install OTA via update.zip method in stock recovery because is no more possible. If you try via stock recovery you get "error status 7" (this problem is corrected only if you use ClockWorkMod Recovery).
Then is necessary to use Factory Image provided by Google.

Factory Images:​

JDQ39 Android 4.2.2 Factory Image "yakju" for Galaxy Nexus (maguro GSM/HSPA+)
MD5 Checksum 2fe041ac195086ef09274204c7e265e2

JZO54K Android 4.1.2 Factory Image "yakju" for Galaxy Nexus (maguro GSM/HSPA+)
MD5 Checksum cc710f1539765c6ab7fbb8f50b69f0d6

IMM76I Android 4.0.4 Factory Image "yakju" for Galaxy Nexus (maguro GSM/HSPA+)
MD5 Checksum 31447212fb4fb00aab4ef8bdc78e7ffb

JDQ39 Android 4.2.2 Factory Image "takju" for Galaxy Nexus (maguro GSM/HSPA+ with Google Wallet installed [notice, if you live outside US it simply disappears])*
MD5 Checksum 2fae8a6f50016e83f232fbb2d099fd42

JZO54K Android 4.1.2 Factory Image "takju" for Galaxy Nexus (maguro GSM/HSPA+ with Google Wallet installed [notice, if you live outside US it simply disappears])
MD5 Checksum 4e79a918a9a366166d0c23f99cc240db

IMM76I Android 4.0.4 Factory Image "takju" for Galaxy Nexus (maguro GSM/HSPA+ with Google Wallet installed [notice, if you live outside US it simply disappears])
MD5 Checksum 26ede55c44b503e4ab02969c22fa16e1

JRO03O Android 4.1.1 Factory Image "mysid" for Galaxy Nexus (toro VZW CDMA/LTE)
MD5 Checksum 1df6a2a7385c4745193fe82bf2a87f78

IMM76K Android 4.0.4 Factory Image "mysid" for Galaxy Nexus (toro VZW CDMA/LTE)
MD5 Checksum e76c6fe7d2bc799e5a6168f9dcb8c4ca

FH05 Android 4.1.1 Factory Image "mysidspr" for Galaxy Nexus (toroplus Sprint CDMA/LTE)
MD5 Checksum 7b3c4c37dd64a664427d3829e2491bee

NOTICE: If you have any GSM Galaxy Nexus (for example european version Yakjuxw, Yakjusc ecc... or other GSM version branded by Samsung) you can ALWAYS safely flash Yakju or Takju images provided by google, in order to get future OTA in time, directly from Google and not from Samsung)

How to install:

Requirements:
-Android SDK
-Java JDK
-Platform-Tools
-Unlocked bootloader ("fastboot oem unlock" pay attention, wipes everything, also your data)
-experience with adb and fastboot

NOTICE: If you never used the sdk, the jdk, fastboot and adb, before installing the factory image YOU HAVE TO FOLLOW some guide here on XDA in order to get sdk and unlocked bootloader.

Now you can proceed to install the Factory Image

On Windows:

1) copy the ecxtracted files (two times with 7zip) on android-sdk/platform-tools/ (this is important, if you dont unzip it, dont complain about "radio couldnt be loaded")
2) run a cmd and moves in "platform-tools" folder
3) write those command:

4A) If you are coming from a custom rom, this wipe your data/cache:

adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-maguro or toro or toroplus-********.img
fastboot reboot-bootloader
fastboot flash radio radio-maguro or toro or toroplus-********.img
fastboot -w update image-********.zip

if you want relock the bootloader (not necessary, only for warranty) do also these two step:

fastboot oem lock

4B) If you are coming from another stock rom (official older OTA unrooted), this doen't wipe your data/cache:

adb reboot bootloader
fastboot update image-********.zip

if you want relock the bootloader (not necessary, only for warranty) do also these two step:

fastboot oem lock

On Linux, Mac:

1) copy the ecxtracted files (two times with 7zip) on android-sdk/platform-tools/ (this is important, if you dont unzip it, dont complain about "radio couldnt be loaded")
2) run a terminal and moves in "platform-tools" folder
3) write those command:

chmod +x flash-all.sh
./flash-all.sh

"flash-all.sh" wipes your data (it contains fastboot -w update, if you want to remove/change it edit with notepad++)
"flash-base.sh" flashes only the bootloader and the radio.

NOTICE:
1) Instead of ******** you have to put the name of the files you download.
2) somebody is aking why "adb reboot bootloader" each passages. Is not essential, but some people think it is better because you use the updated bootloader, maybe is only a superstition.

PLEASE LEAVE ME A THANKS :)

WARNING! DON'T DO THESE THING IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING. I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE OF BRICKED GALAXY NEXUS OR SIMILAR

Last edited:

D3VI0US

Nov 19, 2011
In old guide on XDA you needed to unzip the main folder and unzip and unzip the image-takju-jro03c.zip file to to get the boot.img , userdata.img and so on and you flash everything manually

so my question is >> in the old guide when you use Fastboot flash userdata userdata.img << this will wipe everything on the sdcard so is this the case here ? because i can see that useing the command fastboot -w update image-takju-jro03c.zip can avoid erasing everything is that right?

and thanks of course for the great guide

ale.landra91

Apr 29, 2011
Cuneo
In old guide on XDA you needed to unzip the main folder and unzip and unzip the image-takju-jro03c.zip file to to get the boot.img , userdata.img and so on and you flash everything manually

so my question is >> in the old guide when you use Fastboot flash userdata userdata.img << this will wipe everything on the sdcard so is this the case here ? because i can see that useing the command fastboot -w update image-takju-jro03c.zip can avoid erasing everything is that right?

and thanks of course for the great guide

I never used this guide because is not "transparent", I mean, my passages are the one that Google suggest. That guide is good but there are lots of thing that are a plus and not only using Google factory image. This is the way to use them. The other guide is a plus for advanced users. When you type -w it erases your internal memory (data and apps, this is in theory, I always use stock ROM than I never wiped with fast boot, maybe copy your SD on PC to prevent damage) bye

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

greeced

Jan 26, 2010
Not quite sure how your guide is more transparent or for beginners than efrant's is...

I followed his numerous times with no issues.

Its one thing to provide an alternative guide for those who wish to use it, it's another to knock someone elses work..

Reactions: lrs421 and efrant

prinzhernan

Sep 3, 2010
What's the difference with enfant's guide because I've been using his for the longest time. Is the command update image-xxxxxxx.zip recommended by Google? It's much shorter than flashing all the files individually but I dunno.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ale.landra91

Apr 29, 2011
Cuneo
What's the difference with enfant's guide because I've been using his for the longest time. Is the command update image-xxxxxxx.zip recommended by Google? It's much shorter than flashing all the files individually but I dunno.

Use intuition. Why Google should have done an extra zip to extract when they created the command fast boot update? Why complicate things when they are simple? If you exclude reboot commands you need only 3 commands with same effect! :)

Reactions: prinzhernan

efrant

Retired Senior Moderator & Developers Relations
Feb 12, 2009
Montreal
Samsung Galaxy S20
I never used this guide because is not "transparent", I mean, my passages are the one that Google suggest. That guide is good but there are lots of thing that are a plus and not only using Google factory image. This is the way to use them. The other guide is a plus for advanced users. When you type -w it erases your internal memory (data and apps, this is in theory, I always use stock ROM than I never wiped with fast boot, maybe copy your SD on PC to prevent damage) bye

Not sure what you mean by "not only using Google factory image". Everything I mention in that guide is from Google, except the driver (which is originally from Samsung, but repackaged by 1wayjonny).
The difference between this and my guide is that I have included ALL the steps to flash stock, from installing the drivers and downloading any needed files (the SDK and JDK are not needed by the way) to flashing your device. Additionally, as is stated in the first post of my thread, I have expanded all the steps and eliminated all scripts, so that people can see what is actually happening for the purposes of learning. For example, executing one command which actually flashes four images behind the scenes is not as valuable to learning as executing each command individually.

Included in the factory image is a script that flashes everything at once. Do you learn anything from it? Not really. There is no difference between using the fastboot update command to flash a bunch of images in a zip file, and flashing each image with the fastboot flash command. The difference is for instructional purposes.

greeced

Jan 26, 2010
Not sure what you mean by "not only using Google factory image". Everything I mention in that guide is from Google, except the driver (which is originally from Samsung, but repackaged by 1wayjonny).

The difference between this and my guide is that I have included ALL the steps to flash stock, from installing the drivers and downloading any needed files (the SDK and JDK are not needed by the way) to flashing your device. Additionally, as is stated in the first post of my thread, I have expanded all the steps and eliminated all scripts, so that people can see what is actually happening for the purposes of learning. For example, executing one command which actually flashes four images behind the scenes is not as valuable to learning as executing each command individually.

Included in the factory image is a script that flashes everything at once. Do you learn anything from it? Not really. There is no difference between using the fastboot update command to flash a bunch of images in a zip file, and flashing each image with the fastboot flash command. The difference is for instructional purposes.
Which I believe is better for beginners...

But what do I know... OH WAIT... I used to be one.

Bottomline, use the one you want... or are more comfortable with.

One thing to remember however... if you end up screwing your device up... efrants procedure will pinpoint exactly where you went wrong or what step it caused issues at.

ale.landra91

Apr 29, 2011
Cuneo

simply they are different guide. My intention was porting my nexus s guide to galaxy nexus and not writing a poem. Few passages to use the images in the correct and simplest way. Then users choose to use your or mine with same results :) I never said that you are wrong, is only an alternative of lot of ways

jamil-m77

Jun 10, 2012
can anyone upload the 4.1.1 yakju factory image for the galaxy nexus on any site because google's links aren't working for me please help i need it so bad :(

ale.landra91

Apr 29, 2011
Cuneo
I remove link last week because google deleted it and i havent it stored on PC :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone,
    i decide to write this guide and to collect all the future Factory Images for Galaxy Nexus (maguro [GSM/GSPA+], toro[VZW CDMA/LTE], toroplus[Sprint CDMA/LTE])
    Once installed them you retourn 100% stock.
    This is usefull in case you don't want to wait official OTA or you have to use warranty for some problem or you like a really clean install.
    Since Android 4.0 IceCreamSandwich you can't install OTA via update.zip method in stock recovery because is no more possible. If you try via stock recovery you get "error status 7" (this problem is corrected only if you use ClockWorkMod Recovery).
    Then is necessary to use Factory Image provided by Google.

Factory Images:​

JDQ39 Android 4.2.2 Factory Image "yakju" for Galaxy Nexus (maguro GSM/HSPA+)
    MD5 Checksum 2fe041ac195086ef09274204c7e265e2

JZO54K Android 4.1.2 Factory Image "yakju" for Galaxy Nexus (maguro GSM/HSPA+)
    MD5 Checksum cc710f1539765c6ab7fbb8f50b69f0d6

IMM76I Android 4.0.4 Factory Image "yakju" for Galaxy Nexus (maguro GSM/HSPA+)
    MD5 Checksum 31447212fb4fb00aab4ef8bdc78e7ffb

JDQ39 Android 4.2.2 Factory Image "takju" for Galaxy Nexus (maguro GSM/HSPA+ with Google Wallet installed [notice, if you live outside US it simply disappears])*
    MD5 Checksum 2fae8a6f50016e83f232fbb2d099fd42

JZO54K Android 4.1.2 Factory Image "takju" for Galaxy Nexus (maguro GSM/HSPA+ with Google Wallet installed [notice, if you live outside US it simply disappears])
    MD5 Checksum 4e79a918a9a366166d0c23f99cc240db

IMM76I Android 4.0.4 Factory Image "takju" for Galaxy Nexus (maguro GSM/HSPA+ with Google Wallet installed [notice, if you live outside US it simply disappears])
    MD5 Checksum 26ede55c44b503e4ab02969c22fa16e1

JRO03O Android 4.1.1 Factory Image "mysid" for Galaxy Nexus (toro VZW CDMA/LTE)
    MD5 Checksum 1df6a2a7385c4745193fe82bf2a87f78

IMM76K Android 4.0.4 Factory Image "mysid" for Galaxy Nexus (toro VZW CDMA/LTE)
    MD5 Checksum e76c6fe7d2bc799e5a6168f9dcb8c4ca

FH05 Android 4.1.1 Factory Image "mysidspr" for Galaxy Nexus (toroplus Sprint CDMA/LTE)
    MD5 Checksum 7b3c4c37dd64a664427d3829e2491bee

NOTICE: If you have any GSM Galaxy Nexus (for example european version Yakjuxw, Yakjusc ecc... or other GSM version branded by Samsung) you can ALWAYS safely flash Yakju or Takju images provided by google, in order to get future OTA in time, directly from Google and not from Samsung)

How to install:

Requirements:
    -Android SDK
    -Java JDK
    -Platform-Tools
    -Unlocked bootloader ("fastboot oem unlock" pay attention, wipes everything, also your data)
    -experience with adb and fastboot

NOTICE: If you never used the sdk, the jdk, fastboot and adb, before installing the factory image YOU HAVE TO FOLLOW some guide here on XDA in order to get sdk and unlocked bootloader.

Now you can proceed to install the Factory Image

On Windows:

2) run a cmd and moves in "platform-tools" folder
    3) write those command:

4A) If you are coming from a custom rom, this wipe your data/cache:

adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot -w update image-********.zip

fastboot oem lock

4B) If you are coming from another stock rom (official older OTA unrooted), this doen't wipe your data/cache:

adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot update image-********.zip

fastboot oem lock

On Linux, Mac:

2) run a terminal and moves in "platform-tools" folder
    3) write those command:

chmod +x flash-all.sh
    ./flash-all.sh

"flash-all.sh" wipes your data (it contains fastboot -w update, if you want to remove/change it edit with notepad++)
    "flash-base.sh" flashes only the bootloader and the radio.

NOTICE:
    1) Instead of ******** you have to put the name of the files you download.
    2) somebody is aking why "adb reboot bootloader" each passages. Is not essential, but some people think it is better because you use the updated bootloader, maybe is only a superstition.

PLEASE LEAVE ME A THANKS :)

WARNING! DON'T DO THESE THING IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING. I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE OF BRICKED GALAXY NEXUS OR SIMILAR

While it is a nice guide there is one already and its a sticky

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1626895

Not quite sure how your guide is more transparent or for beginners than efrant's is...

I followed his numerous times with no issues.

Its one thing to provide an alternative guide for those who wish to use it, it's another to knock someone elses work..

Use intuition. Why Google should have done an extra zip to extract when they created the command fast boot update? Why complicate things when they are simple? If you exclude reboot commands you need only 3 commands with same effect! :)