Dual Diamond S22HT ROM

Search This thread

thenext1

May 21, 2006
So how do I dump the ROM? I haven't really been able to figure out the definitive step-by-step for this yet. :(
I think that you must first app-unlock the phone. Use this guide. (Note: I could not do step 3 because the registry editor said access denied. If you can't do either, try jumping to step 5. It worked for me.)

Then, go into the Touch Pro section and look for a rom dumping tutorial, the procedure should be fairly easy to adapt, given the near-identical internal flash structure (different ROM sizes taken into account...)

Fantastic, I'll look into that when I get home from work.

One thing I've noticed is that the S22HT does not have Java on it! No Esmertec that I can see.

EDIT: I've noticed that I can't get it to sync, and neither can I follow that guide and put that app on there to app-unlock it. This is on my Vista 64 laptop. I'm going to try and install the CD that it came with on my XP netbook and go from there.

Last edited:

darkmarkx

Jan 16, 2009
:eek::(
I think your phone is already changed firmware.
It seems English ROM.
It means you can not get original ROM.

And E-mobile phone dose not have LOCK other than Japan area.
It means no meaning the UNLOCK.

What?

I didn't change any firmware, just the language from Japanese to English. It's still got Japanese input and all the EMOBILE branding...I can't change the firmware from the phone. ;)

The phone radio is unlocked, I can put any SIM in. The GPS is locked down, cannot use in Google Maps. Java is not installed, cannot use Opera Mini. :( I'm at work on a WinXP machine and I can use ActiveSync properly and install programs. Doing the app-unlock thing now.

I think that you must first app-unlock the phone. Use this guide. (Note: I could not do step 3 because the registry editor said access denied. If you can't do either, try jumping to step 5. It worked for me.)

Then, go into the Touch Pro section and look for a rom dumping tutorial, the procedure should be fairly easy to adapt, given the near-identical internal flash structure (different ROM sizes taken into account...)
No good. Can't run SDA Unlocker. Says that it can't be unlocked. :(