[PRJ][OS]Linux and Android on HTC Diamond "NOT YET WORKING"

Search This thread

phhusson

Recognized Developer
Jul 23, 2009
Paris
Can anyone help me to get wifi working with the package leobaillard posted? It just says unable to start wifi.
I'm pretty sure I have to load up this file: modules-2.6.27-00578-gc0d80ba-dirty.tar.gz

but I don't know how.

Can anyone help out a noob?

Thanks for the package by the way and to all people working on this project :)
The modulesthing.gz has just to be in the root of your card.
but as mentionned you MUST have the calibration file in your card !

Willis111

Retired Forum Moderator
Sep 7, 2008
Ontario
Yeah, I know that. The problem is that it doesn't re-appear. Just flashed a stock rom to see if that did the drick, but no luck. My internal storage is gone. Guess I have to figure out a way to convert the primary disc back to a logical one...

I actually had this exact problem(couldn't get the sdcard mount, internal storage was configured as /dev/mmcblk0p5 instead of /dev/mmcblk0p1 automatically by my phone even). I fdisked/repartitioned my internal storage using my computer with my phone connected in "Disk Drive Mode" and set it up as a primary partition instead of the logical drive configuration that seemed to come w/the phone(you could use gparted in ubuntu). Then formatted it as a fat32 filesystem(important) and copied my files back over and now it works as long as the kernel will boot on our phones. I'm using a diamond500 repartitioned to a single primary partition on the internal storage(primary partitions = 1-4 or mmcblk0p1-4 and extended partitions = 5+ or mmcblk0p5+) from telus.

bubert

Nov 28, 2008
Cluj-Napoca
Can anyone upload the latest release on megaupload or something? I can`t seen to download the file .. tried even the "save target as " :| it save`s the file with ".htm" & i can`t extract it

00hero00

Sep 19, 2009
Ulm
The new build is great..
Wifi is finally working, but only with unsecured networks.
Also the accelerometer isnt working for me.

And is it possible to get the microphone to work with apps like shazam?

diabolik

Oct 18, 2006
hi everyone with the build of 27-10-09 when I run the application all starts properly and then reboot my diamond alone

i have diam100

phhusson

Recognized Developer
Jul 23, 2009
Paris
The new build is great..
Wifi is finally working, but only with unsecured networks.
Also the accelerometer isnt working for me.

And is it possible to get the microphone to work with apps like shazam?
How do you test the accelerometer ?
For the wifi, it's still some troubles, one way i got it working at every time with secured networks is do normal connect, wait for android to say it can't connect, then reboot, and the connection should show up.

microphone is no priority for me currently, but i'll take a look at it.

Zänker

Mar 7, 2006
I'm sorry to disturb your downloads but I'm currently uploading a corrected build with audio working from the babijoee's build but I forgot to rename it. So the download will be impossible during the upload process. I'm very sorry. I'll edit this post when it'll be ok.

PS : hehehe page 500 !
thanks dude. That's pretty awesome!

Nakebod

Jul 26, 2008
Nijmegen
Cool, my first 1.6 build which is actually a little bit usable for me :D
[sub]Not a complaint to previous builds, but w/o internet there isn't much fun :D[/sub]

And I see that I can update again to the build with the sound issues fixed :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I don't understand, why haret could not use the framebuffer !? because i can change the framebuffer on my own hand

Code:
     pfh VRAM 480*1 0x0099

and the first line is blue
    Android 2.0 squashfs reporting - DIAM300:
    *- Bluetooth not working.
    *- WiFi not working.
    *- Telephone not working. (No signal)
    *- System is much slow.
    *- Buttons not recognized (apart the upper button) and mapped differently than other builds.
    I packed the actual XDAndroid release with the actual Kernel, rootfs and initrd preconfigured for diamond and including the cab of GEN.Y Dualboot to send it to a friend to run it out of the box, no big work, but I thought I could share it with you too.

Here: http://depositfiles.com/files/eo9pdi8yk

This is no work by me

GEN.Y Dualboot is made by yozgatg
    XDAndroid is made by the XDAndroid team

please support their work

best regards