WhirlEyes Around? Multiboot for Moto X?

Search This thread

Quantumstate

Feb 6, 2010
I have greatly enjoyed WhirlEyes' work on the Droid Razr, to multiboot several firmwares on the same device.

Is there any chance of this being ported to the Moto X? Specifically the XT1053?

snives

Feb 22, 2011
You'd have better luck working with Tassadar to port MultiRom at this point I'd imagine.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Quantumstate

dtrail1

Oct 7, 2011
Frankfurt
You mean BMM? Unfortunately there no sources available.
Why not ask Hashcode for a SS version for Moto X?

Tapped from my RAZR BLADE

Quantumstate

Feb 6, 2010
I seem to remember that BMM might stand for Boot Menu Manager, but a search on BMM and Boot Menu Manager comes up with zero threads about such.

Maybe SS means Safe Strap. I've always avoided Safe Strap, but if that's what it takes to get multiboot I'll try it.

PMing Hashcode...

Quantumstate

Feb 6, 2010
Well, Hashcode suggests I try SS to see if it can work on the Moto X in multiboot. But I have several questions.

I have a Dev phone, so I'm not too worried about most things, but my experience on the Moto X is that you don't have to root it, just fastboot flash recovery twrp.img. Then *POP* you're rooted.

Why can't I do this with SS? The instructions say instead that I first have to be rooted, then download SS.apk and install it. Why can't I just fastboot flash recovery SS.img?

Second, I remember there were alot of particularities about SS, like with some ROMs you had to install them in a particular slot. Still true?

Quantumstate

Feb 6, 2010
Because I keep hoping that someone with expertise in multiboot will come around. No such in Moto X area.

What are you, the Forum Police?

Quantumstate

Feb 6, 2010
Last edited:

Quantumstate

Feb 6, 2010
For me it comes up with the sad robot ("Safestrap disabled") and I hit the Recovery button. The screen goes black for 15 seconds then it comes back to the sad robot. If I don't touch it it boots normally after 10 seconds.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You'd have better luck working with Tassadar to port MultiRom at this point I'd imagine.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk