Lockscreen Notifications

Search This thread

Starlith

Sep 27, 2012
Auckland
I remember having lock screen notifications using ICS on my old Xperia T. It would show text, Facebook, calls, etc on the lock screen.

Does anyone know a decent mod or app to use for enabling lock screen notifications?

Sent from my D5503 using XDA Free mobile app

Attachments

• 1404024118283.jpg
    1404024118283.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 3,238

DiederikC

Sep 28, 2011
I think we'll have to wait until android l:)

Apr 24, 2008
I remember having lock screen notifications using ICS on my old Xperia T. It would show text, Facebook, calls, etc on the lock screen.

Does anyone know a decent mod or app to use for enabling lock screen notifications?

Hi there been trying loads over the weekend, all the ios7 etc, an awful lot of them have flaws like letting access to the phone through the recent app button. there have been several plus sides as well. At the moment i have found this app "Echo Notification Lockscreen" on the play store. I have also added "iControl(IOS 7 Partner)" but again there were limitations not all the actions will work with this lock screen.

The ultimate which i've not managed was an IOs lock screen (that was actually secure) that let you reply to text messages (and others) without having to unlock the phone (1 app did that but wasn't secure).

Apr 24, 2008
Hi again, just a bit more info. I have had another go today at finding the best solution. several sms apps will display on the lock screen but then disapear after a set time, no good if you missed it as it arrived.

I have been playing with the Nils app before and I am unable to get contact pictures to display next to messages, even after trying several sms apps and being in touch with the developer.

But the best I've managed so far is as follows. A app called iOS 7 Lock Screen Theme by huntdevs gives a plain lock screen which can slide to reveal a pin code screen. On the plain screen you can then use NiLS Lockscreen Notifications by Roymam this will then display sms and other notifications on the lockscreen, these remain on the screen untill opened, even if the screen times out and is turned back on manually, furthermore you have the ability to reply to them from within the app whilst still locked.

Warning as I said earlier there is a facility to disable the home button but the recent app button is still active meaning that any apps used recently have the ability to be opened without unlocking the phone. Further more the pin lock screen gives you access to the emergenecy dial function and sadly again where as the default lock screen will only let you dial an emergency number, this app will let you see all of your contacts and further more dial any number you want!!

One final thing the ios7 locker does give you access to the functions of the Iphone from the slide at the bottom of the screen and for me the added advantage of this app over several of the others is that the phone function icon is missing (all be it available through the emergency function).

hope tihs helps.

CosmosLabs

Jul 2, 2014
Raleigh
I use NiLS. I purchased the pro version so i can customize it to my liking and for the ads not to draw my data. It works like a charm, instant, and looks almost stock.

I have attached an image for an example.

Apr 24, 2008
I use NiLS. I purchased the pro version so i can customize it to my liking and for the ads not to draw my data. It works like a charm, instant, and looks almost stock.

Hi there I see you have the same issue as I have experienced the App refuses to show the contact picture (unless of course you don't use them).

On a further note i have had to uninstall the iOS7 lockscreen, apart from the issues already mentioned, a big down side for me turned out that the app kills sound from the walkman app when the screen goes off, so listening to music, throwing to a sound bar or linking to a car Bluetooth are all muted. So again im back to stock lockscreen with just the Nils app over the top for indication only.

CosmosLabs

Jul 2, 2014
Raleigh
When i first installed the app it would show the users image. I didn't like it so I changed it to App Icon. Oddly, i tried to switch it tot he other 2 settings, and now it does't appear. :confused: .. oh well i am not really worried about it. I like the basic icon look instead of the pictures.

Iruwen

Dec 14, 2012
Will it work with a PIN locked screen? There's not much space for notifications actually so I wonder how it would look.

Apr 24, 2008
Will it work with a PIN locked screen? There's not much space for notifications actually so I wonder how it would look.

It doesn't the lock screen always starts maximized, Dash clock used to have the option to just have a padlock at the bottom of the screen so your information was always visible when turning on the phone but the latest version of that always starts with the lock pattern or number pad visible and you have to swipe down every time to view notifications and then back up again to unlock your device (there all a pain now with extra strokes needed to use them)

Reactions: Iruwen

biggiebro

Jun 2, 2009

How come when I use nils on my stock I have to resize the clock to see notification?

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Tapatalk

CosmosLabs

Jul 2, 2014
Raleigh
How come when I use nils on my stock I have to resize the clock to see notification?

Odd, I know you can resize/change the location of the NiLS. When you have a NiLS message on your lock screen, tap and hold down on the notification to adjust (i had to adjust mine because when it was charging the notification would be on top of the charging percentage)

biggiebro

Jun 2, 2009
After installing again and play around I knew my original mistake. Just do not add nils as lockscreen widget. Let nils display notification automatically then I can resize.
BTW will this lockscreen feature notification be part of Android L? Just thinking on buying the nils pro version.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

It doesn't the lock screen always starts maximized, Dash clock used to have the option to just have a padlock at the bottom of the screen so your information was always visible when turning on the phone but the latest version of that always starts with the lock pattern or number pad visible and you have to swipe down every time to view notifications and then back up again to unlock your device (there all a pain now with extra strokes needed to use them)