[Q] How to install Allshare .apk and .odex

Search This thread

jrphoenix77

Sep 21, 2009
After much google searching, and searching here on XDA, I'm at a loss. I have the Allshare.apk and .odex, however I have had no luck installing them. I've tried various suggesions, including pushing them from adb shell, and nothing seems to work.

I would love to continue using custom roms, but not having Allshare is a big reason for me to just use rooted stock. The rom I'm trying to install it on is Cognition Beta (Froyo).

Titanium Backup also doesn't work for this. It tells me that it backed up Allshare, but when I try to install it, the restore button doesn't even show up.

Also, a quick question for Rom Manager. With the rom backup feature, can you only restore a backup for the rom you are using? (i.e if you want to restore a backup for another rom, you have to flash the rom first, then restore?)

sdotbrucato

Sep 2, 2010
Melbourne, Florida
Although posted in the wrong forum... I'd also like an answer to this. Running CDE and would really like to have AllShare to stream movies off my media server.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App

jrphoenix77

Sep 21, 2009
Although posted in the wrong forum... I'd also like an answer to this. Running CDE and would really like to have AllShare to stream movies off my media server.

Not sure why this would be the wrong forum. I'm using a Captivate, and trying to install Allshare on a Captivate rom.

jrphoenix77

Sep 21, 2009
yup :)
try it,
and let me know the results lol

Still at square one. Altho the .apk and .odex are now in system/apps, it didn't affect anything. Also, looked up root explorer, and how to use it, then downloaded it. It won't remount my main file system as read only...so it's permanently in r/w now.

Also tried flashing to killer23d's rom, to use titanium backup on the allshare he has in his rom, still wouldn't work.

So....clueless at this point.

Dave the Knave

Apr 18, 2008
Baltimore
Still at square one. Altho the .apk and .odex are now in system/apps, it didn't affect anything. Also, looked up root explorer, and how to use it, then downloaded it. It won't remount my main file system as read only...so it's permanently in r/w now.

Also tried flashing to killer23d's rom, to use titanium backup on the allshare he has in his rom, still wouldn't work.

So....clueless at this point.

At one point, I had this same problem, and the only solution there is, is to reflash the rom. It's a PITA, I know. And don't worry about what your filesystem is mounted as in Root Explorer. After every reboot it reverts to read only again.

jrphoenix77

Sep 21, 2009
At one point, I had this same problem, and the only solution there is, is to reflash the rom. It's a PITA, I know. And don't worry about what your filesystem is mounted as in Root Explorer. After every reboot it reverts to read only again.

Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be my case. Even after reflashing Cognition, my file system is still R/W. Didn't even have to hit the white button on root explorer to paste files into system/app.

Also, adding dlna.apk and dlna.odex into system/app still isn't giving me Allshare.

Edit: Well, I've found a better solution. I'm gonna go with Killer23d's rom...looks alot more like stock Froyo, is based on the I9000, has Allshare, AND Mobile AP. Both features that I wanted.

Thanks for trying guys. If anyone does come up with a solution tho, please feel free to use this thread, as searching for allshare.apk on google results in this thread being either the 2nd or 3rd search result (can't remember).

Last edited:

ozone777

Mar 24, 2007
San Diego
Works for me.

I just put AllShare back in, using the attached file, and it's working fine.

I'm running Cognition 2.2 Beta 9.1.3 and put the file into "system\app" using Root Explorer.
I also changed the permissions of the file and selected just the following:

USER = READ + WRITE
GROUP = READ
OTHERS = READ

Remove any other checked permissions.
In case you don't know how to get into the permissions, just long-press the file, from within Root Explorer, and choose "Permissions" from the list that pops up.
Don't forget to reboot right after.

Attachments

• Dlna.apk
    1.4 MB · Views: 6,651

JPS81

Aug 12, 2010
Your issue is most likely because you are trying to reintegrate an odex'ed AllShare while you are using a de-odex'ed ROM. Ozone777's file looks to be about the correct size for a de-odex'ed AllShare. Just move it into the /system/app folder with root explorer as mentioned above and you should be good to go.

Reactions: kevnuke

zas0006

Oct 7, 2010
Ft Worth, TX
I used terminal to drop the APK attached in the previous post into /system/app and it works beautifully. CogYo 2.2.9

Lonaan

Mar 1, 2009
Thank you ozone777

The one app that I really wanted back from the stock load!! thank you!!! Worked perfectly on Cognition v2.2 BETA9.1.3

maxnismo

Dec 4, 2010
allshare installed

This forum is awesome, I was able to put back allshare and it is working like a champ.
Thanks guys.

raz123

Oct 25, 2010
Xiaomi Poco F3

I'm running Cognition 2.2 Beta 9.1.3 and put the file into "system\app" using Root Explorer.

USER = READ + WRITE
GROUP = READ
OTHERS = READ

In case you don't know how to get into the permissions, just long-press the file, from within Root Explorer, and choose "Permissions" from the list that pops up.

Didn't work on Assonance (Froyo).
Errors with: "Application not installed".

Any tips?

whatid

Jul 27, 2006

USER = READ + WRITE
GROUP = READ
OTHERS = READ

I am getting this error message. What gives? (BTW, that's on my Bell Galaxy S I9000M with seeAMRS JL2 ROM)

The application AllShare (process com.sec.android.app.dlna) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Works for me.

USER = READ + WRITE
    GROUP = READ
    OTHERS = READ

Your issue is most likely because you are trying to reintegrate an odex'ed AllShare while you are using a de-odex'ed ROM. Ozone777's file looks to be about the correct size for a de-odex'ed AllShare. Just move it into the /system/app folder with root explorer as mentioned above and you should be good to go.