[ROM] DHD Vodafone Australia Stock Branded Rom 1.32.178.5

Search This thread

Kazuroka

Nov 16, 2010
I finally got around to rooting and S-OFFing my phone today, while I was at it I used clockwork recovery to make a backup of the Stock VHA Branded ROM.

I saw a few people were looking for this so here it is. Feel free to mirror it or whatever, this is my first ROM-dump so if anything is amiss or I did something wrong please let me know. I still have the device available to make further dumps.

This is for the Desire HD (Obviously) Branded by Vodafone Australia.

hxxp://depositfiles.com/files/3x1c6v6hj

Sorry for posting a link as a new member, I thought this would be worth it.

EDIT: Obviously the dump is all at factory defaults, on first boot it should be like buying a new phone, from a bloatware company.

Last edited:

Kazuroka

Nov 16, 2010
That's the point :p People have been asking for it as a backup rom, as flashing a non Vodafone rom may void certain warranties, which flashing this back could increase your chance of keeping. I personally upgraded my own DHD to a much better ROM as soon as I could.

Reactions: sub0min0us

Kazuroka

Nov 16, 2010
Yeah the process I followed was Perma root with VISIONary v12, install hboot, install clockwork test, use clockwork to wipe to factory and then backup to SDcard. I'm unsure as to the exact details of how VISIONary works at this time so it may not still be rooted, I don't know if root persists after factory reset.

daniel81k

Jun 25, 2009
Thanks a lot for extracting and hosting the original (Vodafone AUS) ROM! ;)

Am i right, that this is the only thing you need to set your mobile into delivery condition? If there are some other traces of flashing they might decline warranty, too! :confused:

Perhaps, if you have the time and pleasure, you could write a detailed how-to for newbies (with links to software you need, e.g.!) how to extract the original firmware.

I think this would be necessary if the DHD will be available in other countries on other network providers (with their own ROM).

Last edited:

joe460

Jan 13, 2009
Melbourne
OnePlus One
OnePlus 3T
Excellent! I'm just 2 days into my new DHD from Vodafone Oz and just about to do the same... Rooting!
I'll probably make a back for myself but I'm downloading this one too... Just to be safe.

Thanks heaps Kazuroka!

BTW - Don't listen to those lame ppl who don't have anything positive to add.

ivolol

Oct 14, 2010
Melbourne
Just a note: I believe that this ROM, although the stock Vodafone image, is a rooted one. So if Vodafone have a moderately smart technical department they will still be able to tell that it is not running their complete stock image.

daniel81k

Jun 25, 2009
@ivolol: That's exactly what i'm thinking about! For e. g., changing ROM on my Windows Mobile phone requires a modification of the bootloader. If you flash back your old (original) ROM you have to remember to change the bootloader to original too. Otherweise you have the original ROM on your phone but another bootloader and this could be be detected very easily. I know that the procedure changing ROM on DHD is another than on Windows Mobile, but perhaps you have to think about more things than only flashing the original ROM?!

Kazuroka

Nov 16, 2010
Just a note: I believe that this ROM, although the stock Vodafone image, is a rooted one. So if Vodafone have a moderately smart technical department they will still be able to tell that it is not running their complete stock image.
After flashing back the backup ROM I did not have root. I installed Terminal Emulator and tried to su, and even downloaded VISIONary+ and re-Rooted the device. However I did still have the Eng hboot, as that was not included in this backup. I have a copy of the original hboot from when S-OFFed the phone, I will see what I can do about getting the original hboot and stock ROM into one package for everyone, and then perhaps write a tutorial for flashing them back individually. I MAY NOT, however, write the tutorial as I am still rather new and would not like to lead people into doing something the wrong way. I will also include the stock hboot in a seperate archive for those who have already downloaded this release.

OzJD

Oct 30, 2009
Sydney
ROM Version: 1.32.178.5

Download link: http://www.multiupload.com/3UFP92FNMJ
Size: 558 MB
md5sum: 834dc33ab316a702c93b61533681356b

This is the original system.img that comes on a brand new Vodafone Desire HD.
This image was dumped manually without Visionary messing with stuff, and Obviously the image is NOT rooted. It's completely stock.

This would probably be the best image to use if you're worried about returning the phone

Note: I have had to return a Desire HD to Vodafone who did not check that it was rooted and S-OFF'ed - So, don't worry too much.

Draghkar

Nov 23, 2010
Sydney
OzJD

Why is your file so much bigger than Kazuroka's original upload and also just wondering your method of extracting the img?

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I finally got around to rooting and S-OFFing my phone today, while I was at it I used clockwork recovery to make a backup of the Stock VHA Branded ROM.

I saw a few people were looking for this so here it is. Feel free to mirror it or whatever, this is my first ROM-dump so if anything is amiss or I did something wrong please let me know. I still have the device available to make further dumps.

This is for the Desire HD (Obviously) Branded by Vodafone Australia.

hxxp://depositfiles.com/files/3x1c6v6hj

Sorry for posting a link as a new member, I thought this would be worth it.

EDIT: Obviously the dump is all at factory defaults, on first boot it should be like buying a new phone, from a bloatware company.
    yes have rom manager installed

OK hope this helps

Download this http://depositfiles.com/en/files/3x1c6v6hj it is a stock vodafone 1.32

on your sdcard

under the folder clockworkmod\backup

create a new folder johnkor

extract the files from the download to that folder

\sdcard\clockworkmod\johnkor\nnnnnnnnnnnn etc

you should have the following files

17/11/2010 06:48 AM 12,672 cache.img
    17/11/2010 06:48 AM 4,224 data.img
    17/11/2010 06:48 AM 2,112 .android_secure.img
    17/11/2010 06:45 AM 8,909,824 recovery.img
    17/11/2010 06:48 AM 459,011,520 system.img
    17/11/2010 06:48 AM 222 nandroid.md5
    17/11/2010 06:45 AM 4,194,304 boot.img

now go into rom manager and select

Manage and Restore Backups

select johnkor and you should be ok

Let us know how that goes

At the end if this you will have a stock vodafone 1.32 on your phone ALL YOUR DATA WILL BE GONE, DO NOT DO THIS IF YOU HAVE ANY DATA YOU NEED TO KEEP
    That's the point :p People have been asking for it as a backup rom, as flashing a non Vodafone rom may void certain warranties, which flashing this back could increase your chance of keeping. I personally upgraded my own DHD to a much better ROM as soon as I could.
    Originally posted by grimreaper2
    ...maybe we can get out of our ****ty low bandwidth contracts and get to a real network, eg nextg

Seeing as Wikipedia says the company providing Telstra's 2100Mhz band of UMTS is joint owned by Hutchinson I doubt you'd really get any difference in reception of 3G or HSPA on that band between the two companies. On the other hand Vodafone/Hutchinson's (or VHA as they are now known) 900Mhz band of 3G or HSPA is separate from Telstra's 850Mhz band of 3G or HSPA and I would imagine the two are probably quite different in coverage area. Keep in mind to the best of my knowledge, since the days of the old chunky Kaiser II phones HTC has decided to produce their phones operating only on two bands of UMTS (3G or HSPA). The HTC Desire HD sold by VHA runs only on 2100Mhz & 900Mhz UMTS. The HTC HD2 sold by Telstra (as opposed to the European import version) for example only runs on the 2100Mhz and 850Mhz. So in short if you are using a Desire HD running on 3 or Vodafone and wanted to change to Telstra I think you would only be loosing 3G or HSPA coverage since Telstra doesn't run any 900Mhz UMTS reception and your phone can't use Telstra's 850Mhz UMTS.

Okay so back on topic... firstly thanks to the guys who've provided their backup stock roms. I too have jumped partway into the rooting process of my VHA bloatware Desire HD. Seeing as the guided made no mention of it I'm now a bit surprised to realise that if I need to restore the ROM for warranty I'll still be left with the modified h-boot or other modified crap that could show up to VHA techs if the ever checked. PLEASE can anyone put together a guide or some directions on how to restore either the full original stock ROM or the stock ROM that's been done after using Visonary then how to put back any h-boot or leftover traces of modding/rooting. If anyone even if you're new to this process would like to put together a guide I would greatly encourage you to as it's better than having no guide at all and trying to work it out and possibly brick the phone in the process. I'm sure other more experienced users could correct your guide on anything as well if you needed it. Thank you.
    OK nearly there...

With a rooted DHD...

You need to remove clockworkmod, to do this you need the correct recovery.img file, AGHHH just found this post that covers most of it

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=10378829&postcount=696