[SELFKANG ICS AOSP ROM] CM9/ICS for Droid 3 -- [BETA 2012-03-11]

Search This thread

Willis111

Retired Forum Moderator
Sep 7, 2008
Ontario
There is also the possibility to use kexec to run a 3.+ kernel for a less limited ics build. I do totally agree, amazing what's been done so far in terms of backporting the OS to run on our kernel/phone.

ve6rah

Sep 14, 2010
Calgary, Alberta
I just want to clarify my last post, I was in no way criticizing Hashcode, or any other developer. I think they have done amazing work and I am hugely appreciative of all their efforts. I was simply trying to get a better idea on where things stand, and what we should expect going forward.
Once again, I would like to extend a big thank you to Hashcode and everyone else who have helped get this to where we are today, and Iook forward to seeing where things go from here.

Dri94

Oct 9, 2011
Florida
(Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong, I am NOT an expert.)

My understanding is that the reason these hurdles are not being dealt with is that we have gone just about as far as developers can go. These problems more or less exist across all Motorola phones running ICS.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel, if Motorola unlocks the bootloader (I wont really pretend to know what that means, just know its the problem) OR if Motorola releases a stock ICS phone, then we may see significant gains. For now, I dont think there is much hope at all.

That said, Hashcode has done a huge amount! Was not that long ago BT and camera didnt work at all, now we just have BT unreliability, and no camcorder. That is impressive progress when you consider he has a JOB and a FAMILY.

There are a couple locked moto phones that have advances. Like the kexec ones and i think its the Droid X or something that is locked and has the video camera working now. 720p recording i believe but dont quote that. I am completely grateful to the developers in all their work. I hope it doesnt seem that im not, i just gave my praise already lol. Not going to in every single post with a question

redsox985

Aug 30, 2011
PA
If it's actually 720, I'd be so happy. The DX/2 only shoots 720, so being able to capture HD at max resolution would be great.

leobg

Mar 7, 2006
I have noticed an old bug reappeared now when I'm running CM9. Once phone have been used in a car dock, it can no longer go into deep sleep. Restart fixes the problem. The bug existed on XT860 as well as XT862 in the initial firmware. It was fixed in the first wave of firmware updates (the only wave for Bell XT860)

Sent from my XT860 using Tapatalk 2

leobg

Mar 7, 2006
Since now Droid 4 stock ICS has leaked - is there any chance that can be used to improve D3 CM9?

markv99

Feb 3, 2011
FC in Browser

in the nighties of May if you open browser and then goes to menu, receive a FC. I test with April 28 and this do not occur.

Also, whenever WiFi automatically switch off to preserver energy, do not come back until manually disable/enable.

very good job in CM9!

Ozguitar67

Dec 14, 2011
Pennsylvania
in the nighties of May if you open browser and then goes to menu, receive a FC. I test with April 28 and this do not occur.

Also, whenever WiFi automatically switch off to preserver energy, do not come back until manually disable/enable.

very good job in CM9!

I have not had this happen to me. I am able to access the browser menu/settings without an FC. I'm on the 05-07-12 nightly right now. Maybe there's an issue with your gapps?

markv99

Feb 3, 2011
I have not had this happen to me. I am able to access the browser menu/settings without an FC. I'm on the 05-07-12 nightly right now. Maybe there's an issue with your gapps?
Thanks! that was the problem. the gapps what I'm using was an older version (ICS_MOTO_4.0.4_GAPPS_03_13_2012)

with gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip the browser work fine, no more FC

the wifi disconnection remain an issue

murso74

Oct 30, 2010
How are you DL'ing the ROMs? 3G or WiFi? WiFi on phone or on computer? Is it your network? How large are the ROMs that are "completely" DL'd?

they won't DL direct to the phone over wifi.. keeps saying unsuccessful. DLed them to the computer and transfered them over. tried the official build (127 MB) and the nightly (133mb)

redsox985

Aug 30, 2011
PA
Use Opera or Dolphin. Or get something from Play called "Download All Files". It allows the stock browser to do just what it says.

murso74

Oct 30, 2010
Use Opera or Dolphin. Or get something from Play called "Download All Files". It allows the stock browser to do just what it says.

download all files actually let me download, but the files are still coming up as bad in safestrap. trying opera now

well opera was a bust. 5 DLs failed, one at 98%

ok my wifi is the issue... this is the second droid 3 i've had wifi issues with. really dislike this phone. DLing with 3g

Last edited:

Dri94

Oct 9, 2011
Florida
Why dont you use a computer ?
And also trying crystal downloader over wifi should complete it before your wifi timesout

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: murso74

murso74

Oct 30, 2010
Why dont you use a computer ?
And also trying crystal downloader over wifi should complete it before your wifi timesout

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk 2

i did use a computer. that was corrupt also. anyway i got everythign running by DLing with opera over 3g. runs pretty well

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *** NEW BLOG SITE: http://blog.hash-of-codes.com ***

AUTOMATIC NIGHTLIES ARE HERE

GET GAPPS HERE (Choose "CyanogenMod 9.0.x" Link)

DON'T LET GOOGLE RESTORE YOUR SETTINGS WHEN INSTALLING THIS ROM COMING FROM GINGERBREAD

Changelogs:

Changelog at Blog.Hash-Of-Codes.com
    Automatic STS-Dev-Team Development Log

What is NOT working in this build:

Need Better Camera: FFC, ICS features
    No Camera Video
    HW Video Codecs (in progress)
    Bluetooth on but not connected = loss of all audio (in progress)

More Information:

NEW! http://blog.hash-of-codes.com
    Or follow me on Twitter:
    http://www.twitter.com/hashcode0f

GITHUB sources are now here:

https://github.com/organizations/STS-Dev-Team

Screenshots:

droid3-ics-home_480.png
    droid3-ics-settings-phone_480.png
    droid3-ics-netstats_480.png
    I'm booting up a new build for camera testing as we speak.

It's been a long time coming just to get to this point.
    KNOWN ISSUES (as of 2012-01-12 build):
    • GSM users have reported phone still FCs quite a bit. I have a solution for this but it's a work in progress and takes a long time to do (porting Motorola World Phone code to ICS from Gingerbread). I am sorry for the hassle, but usually a wipe cache/dalvik cache will reset your connection.
    • Mute button on calls doesn't work
    • Camera doesn't work
    • Codecs which reference the /dev/ion driver don't work (including audio only for Netflix)
    • Backlighting for keyboard and capacitive keys only works with "Auto Brightness" set: see here for custom settings http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22637417&postcount=957
    • [NEEDS TESTING]Leaving Bluetooth on but not paired causes all audio to stop working on the phone. If you turn off Bluetooth then audio comes back.
    • [NEEDS TESTING]Bluetooth in general needs an overhaul. It does work to make phone calls, but that's about it.

NICE LINKS TO HAVE
    Nova Launcher: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1389071

HANDY WORK AROUNDS:
    • For users experiencing high battery drain: goto "Settings" -> "Sounds" and uncheck "Touch sounds" and "Screen lock sound".
    • For GSM/WCDMA users who have lost 3G: enter *#*#4636#*#* into the dialer. Then goto "Phone Information". Near the bottom of that screen there's a drop down of network preference. For GSM-ONLY use GSM (PRL). Exit that screen and reboot the phone. Wipe cache/dalvik cache if you still don't get 3G back or have many phone FCs.
    • For GSM/WCDMA users who seem to boot up into an phone FC loop. Try removing "GlobalNWSwitch.apk" from /system/app folder. Is probably only useful for DualRadio models.
    • For a Gallery replacement use "QuickPic" from the market

QUICK REFERENCE "/system/build.prop" ITEMS OF NOTE FOR NON-VZW USERS

CHANGE THIS TO 3 for GSM(PRI), 4 for CDMA and 7 for GLOBAL PHONE
    # Default network type.
    # 7 => Global Phone (4 => CDMA).
    ro.telephony.default_network=7

CHANGE THIS TO FALSE TO DISABLE THE DUAL MODE RADIO
    # BEGIN Moto,IKDROIDPRO-430, a17673
    # Feature33857 on DroidWE, support DualMode switch, UMTS/CDMA
    ro.mot.FTR.33857=true
    # END IKDROIDPRO-430

CHANGE THIS TO FALSE TO FORCE A SIM SETUP ON THE LOCKSCREEN
    # BEGIN Moto, IKSTABLETWO-1284, nfjb73
    # without this property, the lock screen would take global phone as UMTS
    # block user to operate before setup
    keyguard.no_require_sim = true
    # End Moto

FOR BACKLIGHT CUSTOM SETTINGS IN CM9: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22637417&postcount=957

** AS A RULE, IF YOU'RE EXPERIENCING "ODDNESS" WHICH ISN'T MENTIONED ABOVE PLEASE WIPE DATA/CACHE/DALVIK CACHE AND TRY AGAIN
    FYI: Fixed the links in the OP to account for the new home of files.rombot.org where the files are located.

Also, support for this build is mostly done as we are moving to the new KEXEC alpha. But I wanted to make sure that the links were still valid.
    Alright, sounds good. I will flash it when I get a chance. Thanks!

In this case, I took the updated files from the official soak test (906) and pushed them up so that they are used in the D3 cm/aokp builds.

Jhiza has the right of it, sometimes you'll see minor improvements here and there. Will need some input as to how much of a difference the new binaries make.

NOTE: CM9 has added back in the theme system, and I merged that into last nights build as well. And updated the CM release tools -- flashing zips now tries to keep your gapps in place. So from the 5/7 build on, if you have gapps installed and don't need to update them, then don't re-flash gapps after flashing the rom.zip. THIS IS ONLY A CHANGE FOR CM9.

Sent from my Droid 3 using Tapatalk 2