[FIXED] VAlert 1.21 - Customize vibration pattern

Search This thread

ochakov

Jul 5, 2004
VAlert
Customize vibration on phone ring

This small program allows customizing vibration incoming call alerts.
Windows based phones vibrate either before the ring or constantly during the ring.
Having a short ringtone can possibly solve this problem, but with long mp3 ringtone the phone will constantly vibrate during the ring.

This program will enable Windows Mobile phones to produce short vibrations when the phone rings.
Vibration patterns can be easily changed by the user.
Possibly to match vibration patterns to the ringtone, so the phone will vibrate in a rhythm.

Very low (~4K) memory usage

This software is a freeware.

How to use
1. Install the CAB
2. Enjoy the program with default settings
3. The program is hidden by default. To display program window (if needed), run the program again
7. In Phone->Options make sure ring type is Vibrate and Ring
4. Edit script.txt to change vibration pattern. Every line in the file is a pair of vibration length and note pause
5. From the program window run Menu->Test to test the created pattern
6. Perform Menu->Hide to hide program window

What's new:
- More devices support, including non-HTC
- The installer executes the program upon installation (no soft reset required)
- No vibration on waiting call
- Support for incoming call ring mute (stop vibration)
- Silent start
- Even lower memory footprint - ~4K on standby (was 11K before)

Attachments

• VAlert.CAB
    32.5 KB · Views: 8,123
Last edited:

bedaweed

Jan 13, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
sounds cool
gunna try now
you should make it so you tap the screen to show when u want it to vibrate instead of editing the .txt file

Edit: Great app but confusing to change the pattern

Edit2: lol doesnt seem to work on my vogue when i go to phone->options and press play its just a long vibrate

Last edited:

Xenn

Sep 23, 2008
Ohh man i was about to post a thread on something like this. Thank you so much for making this!

Dr J

Mar 27, 2007
Ayrshire
to save people the bother of working it out themselves, and to get everyone started...

here's my version of the Nokia classic message vibration

i can't hum it, so you'll need to try it, i guess!

Edit : Oh, by the way... is it possible to do something like this for recieving SMS / MMS / Email, or is that a different process altogether?

Attachments

• script.txt
    146 bytes · Views: 2,050

ochakov

Jul 5, 2004
Future versions

Post your suggestions. I am making a list of changes for the next version.

Dr J

Mar 27, 2007
Ayrshire
Suggestions :

- a settings UI on the device (instead of having to pull the txt file off to PC and edit and then put back in on device)

- ability to change between multiple vibrate scripts (via drop-down menu or list?)

- if possible (?) ability to use vibrate scripts for SMS / MMS / Email / Other alerts

- vibe scripts that match pattern with the actual ring / message tone would be VERY cool

excellent little program, thanks a lot for the effort

if the other message alerts can be changed from within this (or even just another separate small app) it's just what i'm looking for!

and please can other people post their script efforts, it'd be good to have several pre-sets to start out with.

Dr J

Mar 27, 2007
Ayrshire
there might be a slight bug in this

a few calls have come through recently, the vibrate kicks in itself and the ringtone does not play for about 10 seconds or so.

also the programmed pattern seems distorted.

it might just be my device, as i'm noticing that S2U2's full screen call ID has been struggling to kick in when a call comes in these days since i started using Manilla2D as well.

it might be that the device is struggling to find the ID picture and the ringtone and the vibrate pattern at the same time, all the while trying to run M2D.

i'd check if it works correctly without all these extras running, but M2D and S2U2 are pretty much essentials for me these days.

anyone else care to help?

ochakov

Jul 5, 2004
there might be a slight bug in this

a few calls have come through recently, the vibrate kicks in itself and the ringtone does not play for about 10 seconds or so.

also the programmed pattern seems distorted.

it might just be my device, as i'm noticing that S2U2's full screen call ID has been struggling to kick in when a call comes in these days since i started using Manilla2D as well.

it might be that the device is struggling to find the ID picture and the ringtone and the vibrate pattern at the same time, all the while trying to run M2D.

i'd check if it works correctly without all these extras running, but M2D and S2U2 are pretty much essentials for me these days.

anyone else care to help?

Do you have this problem with all calls or just some?
What do you mean by distorted pattern?
Does this problem happens when VAlert is disabled?