In your opinion, when looking back at this thread, how easy were the instructions?

• Total voters
Search This thread

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
Install Google Play Store Noob (Simple) Version - Dropbox and Ubuntu One

To All-

Since there has been a demand to download the files, we realize how important redundancy is to our customers, how important it is to keep the links alive. We have added an additional server for our customers to use, so you now have two options:

1. Dropbox Links
2. Ubuntu One Links

So if one server is under maintenance, the other server will remain online as an alternate. This is another upgrade to improve the overall file service up-time.

Reactions: CheriePie

Nixeus

Sep 14, 2007
Hello,

Thanks for the guide.
After the process, the app is name : Android Market on not GooglePLay.
It' the old icon and not the new GooglePlay icon.

Is it Ok?

Thanks

Maromi

Jul 18, 2012
You could just flash the gapps for android 4.0.3 with the 2nd bootloader and twrp goo.im/gapps

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
Install Google Play Store Noob (Simple) Version - Upgrade Android to Google Play

Hello,

Thanks for the guide.
After the process, the app is name : Android Market on not GooglePLay.
It' the old icon and not the new GooglePlay icon.

Is it Ok?

Thanks

Nixeus,

Thank you for taking the time to post comments. You must be at step 8, once you move on to step 12, you upgrade to Gplay3.8.17.apk and the icon changes, then finally when you move on to step 14, you upgrade to Phonesky.apk 3.10.10.

When we first developed this tutorial you had to incrementally upgrade the store. Google may have changed the problem, although I would not take a chance since it breaks the entire install. Having said this, move on to step 8.

Attachments

• Gplay3.8.17.apk
    5.4 MB · Views: 93
  • Phonesky.apk
    3.8 MB · Views: 68

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
Install Google Play Store Noob (Simple) Version

You could just flash the gapps for android 4.0.3 with the 2nd bootloader and twrp goo.im/gapps

Maromi,

We are aware of that process, the TWRP flashing Gapps process has been around for over 5 years now, 30 days for the Kindle. This was developed for the people that do not have TWRP installed or for people that would like to keep the Kindle fairly stock.

Jeffreycee

Feb 9, 2013
Stuck

Hey i done the noob root guide and managed to root my kindle fire hd and then followed instructions to the T for google play store and all was fine for a couple of days then it started saying no connection to google market so i done factory reset within the kindle and followed instructions to reinstall google play store but now everytime i try to connect to google play it comes up with Couldn't Sign In cant establish a reliable connection to the server i have tried everything to fix any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
[HOW TO] Install Google Play Store - "can't establish a reliable connection"

Hey i done the noob root guide and managed to root my kindle fire hd and then followed instructions to the T for google play store and all was fine for a couple of days then it started saying no connection to google market so i done factory reset within the kindle and followed instructions to reinstall google play store but now everytime i try to connect to google play it comes up with Couldn't Sign In cant establish a reliable connection to the server i have tried everything to fix any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

Jeffreycee,

OK, so you are 100% sure you downloaded all the services using our links, correct? The reason we ask is there is a lot of garbage out on the Internet, some can actually damage the Kindle. Our downloads are behind a firewall and are constantly inspected by a IDS system.

Let get to your issue. Google Play Store uses GoogleLoginService.apk and GoogleServicesFramework.apk through and encrypted VPN tunnel to communicate to the Google Play Store servers. We have found, in some rare cases, the download process damages the files. If this is the case, all you need to do is download a new set, we have attached a new set to this thread, and move the new set to /system/app - be sure to change the permissions to User: Read Write Group: Read and Others: Read.

Attachments

• AccountAndSyncSettings.apk
    228.2 KB · Views: 137
  • GoogleLoginService.apk
    3.9 MB · Views: 157
  • GoogleServicesFramework.apk
    2.8 MB · Views: 139

Nixeus

Sep 14, 2007
Nixeus,

Thank you for taking the time to post comments. You must be at step 8, once you move on to step 12, you upgrade to Gplay3.8.17.apk and the icon changes, then finally when you move on to step 14, you upgrade to Phonesky.apk 3.10.10.

When we first developed this tutorial you had to incrementally upgrade the store. Google may have changed the problem, although I would not take a chance since it breaks the entire install. Having said this, move on to step 8.

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your answer.
I did this there is two minutes.
I had the Google Play icon :)
I entered on, and...crash !
I rebooted the kindle Fire Hd, and , after the reboot, i dont have the Google play icon, but the Android Market icon, with the older version. :(

Any ideas ?

Jeffreycee

Feb 9, 2013
Jeffreycee,

OK, so you are 100% sure you downloaded all the services using our links, correct? The reason we ask is there is a lot of garbage out on the Internet, some can actually damage the Kindle. Our downloads are behind a firewall and are constantly inspected by a IDS system.

Let get to your issue. Google Play Store uses GoogleLoginService.apk and GoogleServicesFramework.apk through and encrypted VPN tunnel to communicate to the Google Play Store servers. We have found, in some rare cases, the download process damages the files. If this is the case, all you need to do is download a new set, we have attached a new set to this thread, and move the new set to /system/app - be sure to change the permissions to User: Read Write Group: Read and Others: Read.

Hey done exactly what you said and still not working my WiFi signal sign keeps getting a x through it ever since I rooted also I can still browse the internet via dolphin browser and silk I tried deleting root and starting all over 're-rooting to see if it rectified the problem and it didn't I also moved something from the system now it just shows blank boxes no names no pictures

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your answer.
I did this there is two minutes.
I had the Google Play icon :)
I entered on, and...crash !
I rebooted the kindle Fire Hd, and , after the reboot, i dont have the Google play icon, but the Android Market icon, with the older version. :(

Any ideas ?

Nixeus,

This has to be done in EXACTLY as outlined on the main page, otherwise you will experience problems as you are noticing. Make sure you are on the Device when you are looking for Google Play Store, for some reason the Kindle Fire defaults to the Cloud when you open the Kindle Apps.

The following are the key points as noted in the main page, if you deviate in any way, the install will fail and you will have to start over again:

1. Download (Dropbox Links) GoogleServicesFramework.apk, AccountAndSyncSettings.apk and GoogleLoginService.apk to your Desktop

2. Now on the Kindle Fire HD use ES File Explorer to move GoogleServicesFramework.apk, AccountAndSyncSettings.apk and GoogleLoginService.apk from /sdcard/Download to /system/app. Next change the permissions on GoogleServicesFramework.apk, AccountAndSyncSettings.apk and GoogleLoginService.apk by long pressing each apk until you see an option window. Select Permissions and change all 3 apk permissions to Owner: Read-Write, Group: Read and Others: Read.

3. Next quick tap GoogleServicesFramework.apk, AccountAndSyncSettings.apk and GoogleLoginService.apk to install.

4. REBOOT

5. Download Vending.apk(Dropbox) using ES File Explorer app moveVending.apk to /system/app. Next Using ES File Explorer or Root Explorer, change permissions set to Owner: Read-Write, Group: Read and Others: Read. Quick tap Vending.apk to install.

6. Find Android Market in the Kindle /Apps on Device (not Cloud), open Android Market, sign in, Accept the license and CLOSE Android Market - ignore errors, this is only used to add your Google Account to the Market.

7. Download Gplay3.8.17.apk(Dropbox) to /Kindle Drive/Download using ES File Explorer, go to /sdcard/Gplay3.8.17.apk select Gplay3.8.17.apk choose Install. This will upgrade the the android market to version 3.8.17 Google Play market.

8. Download Phonesky.apk(Dropbox) to /Kindle Drive/Download using ES File Explorer, go to /sdcard/Phonesky.apk select Phonesky.apk choose Install. This will upgrade the the android market to version 3.10.10 Google Play market.

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
Wireless Indicator Bug in KFHD 7" Software Version 7.2.3??

Hey done exactly what you said and still not working my WiFi signal sign keeps getting a x through it ever since I rooted also I can still browse the internet via dolphin browser and silk I tried deleting root and starting all over 're-rooting to see if it rectified the problem and it didn't I also moved something from the system now it just shows blank boxes no names no pictures

Jeffreycee,

The problem you are noticing with WiFi has nothing to do with Root. This is a known Bug on the Kindle here is our post acknowledging the bug: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2064508

Do you have any idea what files you moved out of the /system/app folder?

Just FYI, there are two innocuous files installed when you Root, the Superuser.apk in /system/app and the su binary in /system/xbin

What you can do to figure out what you accidentally removed is download the latest Kindle Fire HD or 2 Update from here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200529680

Change the file name from .bin to .zip and use 7-Zip to Unzip the package, then open the update package and open ES File Explorer on the Kindle. Navigate to /system/app compare the 7-Zip /system/app to your /system/app, what is missing?

Once you figure out what is missing, reply here and we will post how to replace the missing package or packages and how to setup the proper permissions so your Kindle boots properly.

Cupidhunters

Jul 25, 2012
I tired to install Google Play in Kindle fire 8.9" and after doing vending.apk step I keep getting error while opening Google Play Store Saying "Goolge Play Store had Stopped ".Can you tell if these steps are some for both 7" and 8.9" one or any modification done to it ?

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com

I tired to install Google Play in Kindle fire 8.9" and after doing vending.apk step I keep getting error while opening Google Play Store Saying "Goolge Play Store had Stopped ".Can you tell if these steps are some for both 7" and 8.9" one or any modification done to it ?

Cupidhunters,

The Kindle Fire HD 8.9" and the HD 7" have identical Operating Systems, so what works on the Kindle Fire HD 7" will work on the Kindle Fire HD 8.9" with a few rare exceptions.

Having said this the Google Play Store process is identical on both the Kindle Fire HD 8.9" and the Kindle Fire HD 7" with no instruction variations.

When you see Google Play Store has stopped, this is usually attributed to Upgrading the store prior to first launching the store per the instructions. This process is extremely sensitive, if you miss a step or upgrade prior to launching Vending.apk the entire process will fail.

If you followed the instructions perfectly, then go to More+ Applications > Installed Applications and Clear the Data to all the Google Services:

1. Account and Sync Settings
2. Google Login Service
3. Google Services Framework
4. Google Play Store

Reboot, replace Vending.apk with a new Vending.apk in /system/app folder - check the permissions - install Vending.apk.

Next go to Apps be sure you are on the Device, Launch the old Android Store, Agree to the License, add your Gmail Account, close the Android Store.

Next install GPlay3.8.17.apk from the /sdcard/Download folder - go back to the Apps folder be sure you are on the Device. Launch Google Play Store - wait for it to initialize and sync - usually 3 to 5 minutes.

Finally install Phonesky.apk from the /sdcard/Download folder - go back to the Apps folder be sure you are on the Device. Launch Google Play Store - wait for it to initialize and sync - usually 3 to 5 minutes.

Attachments

• Vending.apk
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,325
  • AccountAndSyncSettings.apk
    228.2 KB · Views: 1,018
  • GoogleLoginService.apk
    3.9 MB · Views: 927
  • GoogleServicesFramework.apk
    2.8 MB · Views: 884
  • Gplay3.8.17.apk
    5.4 MB · Views: 1,107
  • Phonesky.apk
    3.8 MB · Views: 1,042

Cupidhunters

Jul 25, 2012
Sucessfully done installing Google play store

Cupidhunters,

The Kindle Fire HD 8.9" and the HD 7" have identical Operating Systems, so what works on the Kindle Fire HD 7" will work on the Kindle Fire HD 8.9" with a few rare exceptions.

Having said this the Google Play Store process is identical on both the Kindle Fire HD 8.9" and the Kindle Fire HD 7" with no instruction variations.

When you see Google Play Store has stopped, this is usually attributed to Upgrading the store prior to first launching the store per the instructions. This process is extremely sensitive, if you miss a step or upgrade prior to launching Vending.apk the entire process will fail.

If you followed the instructions perfectly, then go to More+ Applications > Installed Applications and Clear the Data to all the Google Services:

2. Google Login Service
4. Google Play Store

Reboot, replace Vending.apk with a new Vending.apk in /system/app folder - check the permissions - install Vending.apk.

Next go to Apps be sure you are on the Device, Launch the old Android Store, Agree to the License, add your Gmail Account, close the Android Store.

Next install GPlay3.8.17.apk from the /sdcard/Download folder - go back to the Apps folder be sure you are on the Device. Launch Google Play Store - wait for it to initialize and sync - usually 3 to 5 minutes.

Finally install Phonesky.apk from the /sdcard/Download folder - go back to the Apps folder be sure you are on the Device. Launch Google Play Store - wait for it to initialize and sync - usually 3 to 5 minutes.

Thanks for the instructions .I finally got Google play stored installed on kindle fire HD 8.9" .Just an advice please update this file if they are bit different in front page to make sure people get success with their installations.

Reactions: Oo.medic.oO

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com

Thanks for the instructions .I finally got Google play stored installed on kindle fire HD 8.9" .Just an advice please update this file if they are bit different in front page to make sure people get success with their installations.

Cupidhunters,

Thank you for the feedback. The files provided to you are the identical files in the Tutorial. The key with the install is not the file source (we only have one source), it is the way they are installed. If a person deviates from the instructions in any way, the install fails and Google Play Store fails to launch.

So far to date, we have over 18,000 successful Google Play Store installs. How to respond is almost second nature to us when someone complains about Google Play Store "Suddenly Stopped..." or "Can't establish a reliable connection to the server..."- 95% of the time, it is the order that Google Play was installed.

We do keep the services up to date, so as Google Upgrades Google Play Store is upgraded, we upgrade our files but the directions always remain unchanged.

Thank you for being part of our tutorial and taking the time to post feedback, this means a lot to us. We hope to be of service to you in our other tutorials.

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
Kindle Fire HD and 2 First Aide MAJOR UPDATE 02/14/2013 at 21:48 Rev4.2.22

To All-

OK, now to the new release: Official Major Release Dated 02/14/2013 at 21:48 Rev 4.2.22-

Kindle Fire First Aide Universal Package: KFFirstAide.zip

Kindle Fire First Aide 32-bit Optimized Version: KFFirstAide32.zip

Kindle Fire First Aide 64-bit Optimized Version: KFFirstAide64.zip

Kindle Fire First Aide RunMe Update (Included With The Above Packages): RunMe.zip

Make sure the PC has the latest version of Java SE: Java SE Development Kit 7u13

Our software has an option to wipe the Dalvik Cache and user data. Let us know if there are any errors during the installation

m44898

Mar 15, 2011
Thank you very much for the tutorial. Google Play store is now installed in Kindle fire hd 8.9.

Milera14

Feb 15, 2013
Cupidhunters,

2. Google Login Service
4. Google Play Store

I still have same problem :X please help me

Last edited:

Infobits

Jul 11, 2009
My HD 8.9 Lost Amazons functions after using the toolkit to root and update Gapps.

To All-

OK, now to the new release: Official Major Release Dated 02/14/2013 at 21:48 Rev 4.2.22-

Kindle Fire First Aide Universal Package: KFFirstAide.zip

Kindle Fire First Aide 32-bit Optimized Version: KFFirstAide32.zip

Kindle Fire First Aide 64-bit Optimized Version: KFFirstAide64.zip

Kindle Fire First Aide RunMe Update (Included With The Above Packages): RunMe.zip

Make sure the PC has the latest version of Java SE: Java SE Development Kit 7u13

Our software has an option to wipe the Dalvik Cache and user data. Let us know if there are any errors during the installation

Hi prokennexusa and thanks for your hard work! I am having some issues with my new Kindle HD 8.9 32GB tablet after using your 64bit tookit on a Windows 8 Pro PC. First off I made a mistake that screwed things up. I did not realize that it was a hard core "MUST" to install your kit on hard drive C: and I had it installed on my D: drive. fyi, my tablet was already previously rooted using some other toolkit "bin4ry" before I came across your tookit. I used the 64 bit version and ran the steps to install the Google Play apps. It was throwing all errors and I noticed that it was saying it could not find the files looking for them in the C:\ drive! You hard coded the drive statements in place and so it was not finding them on my D:\ drive! Anyway, I let it run to completion because I did not want to halt it midway in whatever changes it was doing to my HD 8.9.

After the toolkit finished, my tablet was a mess, screens rendering very very slow, and screens not showing up correctly and there was no bottom and top menu frames to navigate back or get to any settings!
Anyway, I fixed the RunMe.bat script to work from my D: drive and reran it to again install the Google Play apps selection and this time it found the files and installed them. But my screens were still messed up not showing any bottom or top menu frames. So I could not navigate anywhere or back out of an app if I opened an app.
I did use your tookit to create a full KindleBackUp of my system before I started out.
but when I tried to restore the full KindleBackUp images, it would not work! First I found another bug with the gunzip.exe statements. For some reason the gunzip.exe was not uncompressing the .gz files! It was throwing messages on my screen saying file already in ".gz" format so leaving "unchanged". I fixed those statements by adding the "-d" parameter to the gunzip.exe statements. Then it unzipped the image files.
BUT, even after that fix, for some reason the fastboot does not work nor respond with my HD 8.9 tablet. I tried using my stock Amazon cable which does not bring the device into fastboot mode and I also tried using my Nexus 7 USB cable which does bring up fastboot mode. But the tablet does not respond at all to any fastboot commands! I even tried issuing fastboot commands manually while the tablet was showing the fastboot logo on its screen, but it just does not respond to any commands. So I cannot restore my original backup images.

Also, after all this failing and my tablet in bad shape, I decided to run your toolkit again to install the other " Install Signed ICS Google Applications" and that at least brought back my missing screen icons and top and bottom status menus! So the tablet is 90% working now although I am missing most of my previous sideloaded apps and worse some of my Amazon apps are gone too and I cannot reinstall them.

Also on the Amazon menu selections across the top of the screen, some of the choices no longer work! If I click on "Videos" it says "Unable to launch Video", if I click on "Newsstand" it blinks and does nothing, if I click on "Web" it says "Unable to launch web-browser", If I click on "Photos" it says "Unable to launch Photos", same for "Music" no launch! Although other launch buttons like "Books, Apps, Games. Audiobooks and Docs" still work. So how did these launch areas get broken by your tool? Do you replace and or disable the standard Amazon functions? do you know how to restore them back to working like new stock version? I am feeling messed up right now. Tablet is working for all the other things mostly but now I am missing the main Amazon functions like watching the free TV and Movies, listening to music, etc.

Also Google Play store works. Gmail app fails! Why?
I cannot reinstall ES Explorer because I had it installed through Amazon's store before and now it is missing on my tablet. Tried to reinstall it through Amazon and it says that I already have it installed on my local library and it won't allow me to reinstall it. I tried to install it also using Google Play Store and it fails to install saying it is not compatible with my device! WTF? I am frustrated with the mess.

Anyway, sorry for the long winded post, but only way to describe my situation using this toolkit. I hope you have some suggestions how to fix the issues I described. If they cannot be fixed, then how can I get my tablet to restore back to stock v8.1.4 firmware image since my fastboot seems not to work?

Thanks for any help!

Braves1995

Jan 16, 2013
I've already gone through this tutorial and been using the Play Store for a bit now. My question is, once there is a new version of the Store how do we go about updating it? Will it be like any other .apk? Is it safe to update the Amazon Appstore as well?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In this series we will install Google Play Store to the Kindle. You will see we offer two servers to download the software the one server originates from a commercial Dropbox account and the other from a Ubuntu One commercial account, so if you are blocked by one server, you can use the other as an alternate. We publish these tutorials for you, the end user. This is how we make our living, so if you feel we did our job click on the "Donate to Me" link, if money is tight, we understand - at least take the time to post feedback, otherwise we do not know what works. We monitor the thread daily, so if you are stuck, post a detailed explanation of your problem - we respond fairly quickly.

Prerequisites:

A) Kindle Fire 7" Has been Rooted. Here is Step-by-Step Noob (Simple) Instructions

Preferred Method (Automatic Installation):

Play Step 1: Download Kindle Fire First Aide: Windows 32-bit Version Or Windows 64-bit Version

Play Step 2: Extract KFFirstAide.zip to C:\KFFirstAide - please remove the 32 or 64 at the end of the folder created by Winzip or 7-Zip

Play Step 3: With your mouse, open the C:\KFFirstAide contents by double mouse clicking the C:\KFFirstAide folder

Play Step 4: Find the RunMe.bat file. Right Hand Mouse click on RunMe.bat, select 'Send to', select Desktop (Create Shortcut). Now press the Left Hand Mouse button to create the Shortcut named RunMe.bat.

Play Step 5: Find the RunMe Shortcut on your desktop, select it by left mouse click over the icon, then while on the icon choose Right Hand mouse click, select Properties.

Play Step 6: This will display the RunMe properties. Select the General Tab, change the top name to KF First Aide. Then click on the Shortcut tab, click on Advanced. Check 'Run as Administrator', click OK, then click Apply, then click OK. All windows should be closed.

Play Step 7: Double Mouse Click the new Icon named KF First Aide. You may be presented with a security window, just click Yes.

Play Step 8: Please click on the Windows Key plus Pause/Break, this will display the Windows System Properties. Next Click on the Advanced Tab and find "Environment Variables". Please click on Environment Variables and find the Path Statement. Carefully add at the end of the Path Statement:

Code:
    ;C:\KFFirstAide

Note: Do Not forget the semi-colon before the C:\KFFirstAide

Play Step 9: That is it! The software is ready. Next we get the Kindle ready to disable OTA.

Play Step 10: Please check the Kindle under More + > Security - make sure ADB is ON. Leave it disconnected from USB.

Play Step 11: Launch Kindle Fire First Aide, if the ADB Driver is not installed, use Option 12 to Install the ADB Driver

Play Step 12: Make sure the Kindle is turned ON, plugged into the Computer USB and ready. Select Option 18 to Install Google Play Store.

Play Step 13: That is it! Google Play is Installed, you may close the software.

You may view the Kindle Fire First Aide Forum Notes here: http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2096888

Alternative Method (Manual Installation):

Play Step 1 Download (Dropbox Links) GoogleServicesFramework.apk, AccountAndSyncSettings.apk and GoogleLoginService.apk to your Desktop

Play Step 1 Download (Ubuntu One Links) GoogleServicesFramework.apk, AccountAndSyncSettings.apk and GoogleLoginService.apk to your Desktop

Play Step 2 Using Windows Explorer move GoogleServicesFramework.apk, AccountAndSyncSettings.apk and GoogleLoginService.apk from your desktop to /Kindle Drive/Download.

Play Step 3 Using ES File Explorer app(Dropbox) or ES File Explorer app(Ubuntu One) open ES File Explorer on your Kindle. Go to the Setting Menu on ES File Explorer. Choose Root Settings, Select all the options here. A Superuser window will Popup, be sure to click "Allow".

Play Step 4 Now on the Kindle Fire HD use ES File Explorer to move GoogleServicesFramework.apk, AccountAndSyncSettings.apk and GoogleLoginService.apk from /sdcard/Download to /system/app.

Play Step 5 Next change the permissions on GoogleServicesFramework.apk, AccountAndSyncSettings.apk and GoogleLoginService.apk by long pressing each apk until you see an option window. Select Permissions and change all 3 apk permissions to Owner: Read-Write, Group: Read and Others: Read.

Play Step 6 Install all 3 apk's: GoogleServicesFramework.apk, AccountAndSyncSettings.apk and GoogleLoginService.apk by clicking on each on and choose Install. Ignore any install errors.

Play Step 7 Reboot the Kindle

Play Step 8 Download Vending.apk(Dropbox) or Vending.apk(Ubuntu One)to /Kindle Drive/Download

Play Step 9 Using ES File Explorer app on the Fire. Move Vending.apk from /sdcard/Download to /system/app. Next Using ES File Explorer or Root Explorer, change permissions set to Owner: Read-Write, Group: Read and Others: Read.

Play Step 10 Install Vending.apk

Play Step 11 Google Play should show up in your Kindle Fire HD Apps. Tap on it and follow the steps with sign-in and agreeing to the terms. This is an OLD Market so move on to Step 12

Play Step 12 Download Gplay3.8.17.apk(Dropbox) OR Gplay3.8.17.apk(Ubuntu One) to /Kindle Drive/Download

Play Step 13 Using ES File Explorer, go to /sdcard/Gplay3.8.17.apk select Gplay3.8.17.apk choose Install. This will upgrade the the android market to version 3.8.17 Google Play market.

Play Step 14 Download Phonesky.apk(Dropbox) OR Phoneshy.apk(Ubuntu One) to /Kindle Drive/Download

Play Step 15 Using ES File Explorer, go to /sdcard/Phonesky.apk select Phonesky.apk choose Install. This will upgrade the the android market to version 3.10.10 Google Play market.

Play Step 16 Finally, to eliminate Amazon from intercepting any Market requests, thus allowing Google Play to be the default Market. Using ES File Explorer move /system/app/MarketIntentProxy.apk to /sdcard/download - Reboot the Kindle

Next we will offer a How to: Install Go Launcher EX and HD Noob (Easy) Version http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2069668

If you would like to support our work, please send us a donation using this link:
    http://xdaforums.com/dona....php?u=4435645
    You can install Google Play on your 2013 Kindle Fire HD but it's for window shopping only. Any attempts to download from the play store will freeze the tablet and require a reboot. Really the play store serves no real purpose on the new KFHD 7, at the moment anyway. 1mobile and f DROID are a couple spots to get apks from.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running Odex SinLess ROM 4.4.2 with ElementalX kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thanks for the spots. I was able to use 1mobile to get a couple apps that worked such as clash of clans and freekindle and supersu. I need to try the other place then because I am unable to get a googleplay that even works, I could never get it to really open or search anything anyways. What I really want to get working is an app called Parallel Kingdom but it doesn't run when I get it through 1mobile.com; I'm a little disappointed to find out that googleplay won't work on my kindle and I hope I can get other programs to work then.
    Should I allow kindle to push updates again?

Thanks again LinearEquation, I really appreciate you taking the time to respond and actually care about problems that need not concern you :D
    I think I'm in love :highfive:
    Google Apps

I think I'm in love :highfive:

Thank you for the feedback.

Next we will be offering all the updated Google Applications for your pleasure.

This is a bit more complex, so we may not have this out until tomorrow AM.
    Dropbox Upgraded

Just FYI to everyone.

We just upgraded our Dropbox Subscription to the Dropbox Team Premium with 1TB

of space and unlimited traffic.

This should eliminate Storage Server Outages.