Phone won't boot for 2 minutes after flashing rom

Search This thread

morfini

Jun 14, 2010
Athens
After flashing arhd 7.0, before hitting reboot button in twrp, my phone turns off and I can't get it back to life. I keep holding power button + volume up or down being in panic for a couple of minutes. After that my phone boots.I am not sure after what combination of buttons.This happened several times. Does anyone has any suggestions? I 'm afraid my phone won't boot again eventually after flashing a new update

jimmydigital00

Aug 30, 2010
After flashing arhd 7.0, before hitting reboot button in twrp, my phone turns off and I can't get it back to life. I keep holding power button + volume up or down being in panic for a couple of minutes. After that my phone boots.I am not sure after what combination of buttons.This happened several times. Does anyone has any suggestions? I 'm afraid my phone won't boot again eventually after flashing a new update
In the twrp settings screen turn off the screen saver setting. I forget what it says exactly but once you turn this off that should stop happening.

ASL3312

May 26, 2014
I panicked after flashing AR7.0 as I thought I had bricked my M8. The screen goes black and doesnt respond, but I found that if you just leave it for a good few minutes it will boot up properly. It stays on the white HTC splash screen for a while too.

danguyf

May 22, 2006
Happens to me too. I'm not sure if it's really the screen lock, but if you just leave it alone for a bit the screen will come back on and then you can tell TWRP to reboot.

Reactions: ASL3312

bedduxx

Dec 15, 2014
Makassar
Press power + vol. Up button,
Before you flash any rom on TWRP, go to setting-screen- uncheck screen timeout on TWRP

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In the twrp settings screen turn off the screen saver setting. I forget what it says exactly but once you turn this off that should stop happening.
    Happens to me too. I'm not sure if it's really the screen lock, but if you just leave it alone for a bit the screen will come back on and then you can tell TWRP to reboot.
    First time i flashed and the screen turned off nearly gave me a heart attack

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app